Galaxy Note Edge (SMN915P)

z250kid

For some reason, B41 RF is 2 db less than the Note 4.  Maybe the edge display blocks a little signal?

Also, in some countries it is up to $300 more.  Interested in seeing how much more it is here.

For some reason, B41 RF is 2 db less than the Note 4.  Maybe the edge display blocks a little signal?

Also, in some countries it is up to $300 more.  Interested in seeing how much more it is here.

Just on transmit back to the tower (upload).  May be no difference on receive (download).

• Like 1

put this in the "are they freaking kidding me" department.

Sprint, AT&T And T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Note Edge; Russian Price Is $1218 Equivalent

Granted its still way to early to tell if the prices are set, marked up, or will go down  from that price. But if the price is close to that here in the U.S., then I see it not selling so well. 

Anyway just had to through that out there.

TS

Haters? I'm just pointing out something I noticed in the FCC docs :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No the comments on the OP article. Lol

put this in the "are they freaking kidding me" department.

Sprint, AT&T And T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Note Edge; Russian Price Is $1218 Equivalent

Granted its still way to early to tell if the prices are set, marked up, or will go down  from that price. But if the price is close to that here in the U.S., then I see it not selling so well. 

Anyway just had to through that out there.

TS

They've stated that these will be on a "limited production" so it's hard to say how available they'll be and what kind of pricing will be used.

Well, another article posted the Edge going for 93,312 yen in Japan (making it $875 US dollars) so that's a bit closer to what I expected. I figure it just may very well be within the 800-875 price range depending on the carrier. But you are right, at this point who knows what the price will actually be.

TS

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a similar theme in comments online in regards to the Note Edge, that it is a gimmick and won't be popular etc etc, but I think it is a stepping stone to get to ultimate phone turn tablet device as shown in the video below.

in the folded mode it is basically much like the Note Edge., 

Original article here.

TS

$840?! Are they sure people will pay that? For that price it should have had 64GB of built in memory!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Just wondering if there will be any left by Dec. 1St. I have an upgrade coming.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You should be fine. I could be wrong, but at the price samsung is asking, I don't think it will be too hot of a seller.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

$840?! Are they sure people will pay that? For that price it should have had 64GB of built in memory!

I wonder what the subsidized price will be. [emoji15]

$400.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I guess that makes sense given that the regular Note 4 is $300, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow.

"Samsung Galaxy Note Edge From Sprint With 2.5GHz LTE Comes With The Ability To Double Your High-Speed Data"

FINALLY!!! A Device with Carrier Aggregation support!!!!

At this point, I've lost hope that there will be any 2x-CA devices this year. Sprint and the OEM's appear to be skipping that to go straight to 3x-CA via the SD 808/810 (w/ a Cat 6/7 modem) next year.

That headline is probably just another (silly) place to advertise how their new data buckets compare to the the duopoly's.

Sure people will buy it, comparatively speaking the iphone 6+ with 32gb of memory is $850 and lets face it when it comes to features the note kills the 6/6+(and every other phone on the market for that matter) in just about every way so there is really no comparison between the two if you are just looking at price.

For the record the premium pricing for iphones just to get more memory and nothing else is totally absurd on apples part but hey I can't blame them at all.

• Like 1

A $100 Premium over the Note 4 is good.  I thought that would be the highest price point they could get away with in the U.S.  There were some early rumors suggesting it would be $1000.  Which I baked at.  That would have been a disaster.