iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Makes sense to do it that way. Why would you be opening the app switcher to go right back to the same app?

I guess you're right, now that I think about it. Even the current switcher does this. Guess I never noticed until they made it a carousel.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

My issue is that the carousel is preventing me from seeing my other screens

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

I do agree with this though. Kinda defeats the purpose of being able to see multiple screens if you can't see the whole thing.
  • Like 1

Haha. Holy wow. I forgot how bad 20.1 is. As soon as I get done working today I'm downloading 19.0 barrier bundle. I was wondering why everything was loading slow and realized its because I'm on 8.4 and not beta haha which has a different carrier bundle

• Like 1

Battery Update: iOS 9 Beta 3

I've seen a great great improvement in battery life. It's better than when I first got the phone tbh. Here's a look. I didn't turn on Low Power Mode till 10% and still I managed almost 8 hours.

7fab7c303311cac4dbbc9543582939af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 2

Haha. Holy wow. I forgot how bad 20.1 is. As soon as I get done working today I'm downloading 19.0 barrier bundle. I was wondering why everything was loading slow and realized its because I'm on 8.4 and not beta haha which has a different carrier bundle

Yeah I'm really liking iOS 9's carrier bundle. B)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Yeah I'm really liking iOS 9's carrier bundle. B)

-Anthony

I agree, complete 180 from that other piece of crap.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree, complete 180 from that other piece of crap.

When beta 4 comes out I'm actually going to be updating my Mother and sister to the beta because they are so fed up with the way 20.1 is (my Dad is already on the beta). Beta 3 is stable and battery life is good, but there a couple bugs that might get on their nerves, so I figure beta 4 should be better.

-Anthony

• Like 1

When beta 4 comes out I'm actually going to be updating my Mother and sister to the beta because they are so fed up with the way 20.1 is (my Dad is already on the beta). Beta 3 is stable and battery life is good, but there a couple bugs that might get on their nerves, so I figure beta 4 should be better.

-Anthony

Yeah, the nastiest bug seems to be some calls connect but no sound on either end, not device specific (cellular and landlines alike) and it only happens with some specific numbers. But the same numbers. All the time! Puzzling...I'll live with it because the carrier bundle just works.

• Like 1

Was it really easy to get on the public beta?

Just go to the Apple Beta Software website, sign up with your ID, install the profile, check Software Update in settings and you're in.

Edit: be sure you do it all from your iPhone. Do a backup to iTunes first.

• Like 1

I might have just figured out a way to downgrade carrier bundles.

1.) download this file: http://nahum365.github.io/Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_iPhone.ipcc

2.) enable carrier testing in iTunes

On Windows:

Open iTunes via Command Prompt with this command-

%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

On OS X:

Quit iTunes then run this command in Terminal-

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool YES

3.) Plug your device in and while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) press Check for Update or Restore. When the dialog comes up, choose IPCC you just downloaded. You should then be on 19.1.

Yay.

Back to 8.4 and now back on 19.1 I am done dealing with 20.1 lol

Anyone notice on the public 9.0 beta that wifi connections will time out due to authentication failures? The issue is corrected with a full network settings reset. This issue has been occurring about every 3 days.

Anyone notice on the public 9.0 beta that wifi connections will time out due to authentication failures? The issue is corrected with a full network settings reset. This issue has been occurring about every 3 days.

I did notice that I was having issues connecting and staying on wifi. Figured it was a bug. Doesn't resetting the network settings require you to re enter all your wifi pws again?

I did notice that I was having issues connecting and staying on wifi. Figured it was a bug. Doesn't resetting the network settings require you to re enter all your wifi pws again?

Yes, re entering the passwords is the only downfall of that workaround. Luckily I only connect to 2-3 password protected wifi networks on the reg so it's not too much of an issue for me.

That has never happened to me yet, and I sure hope it never does.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My one request that I have for iOS 9 is that they add a low power mode toggle to the control center. Just having the notification pop up and then having to go digging for it if I decline at the time is more work than need be.

Or just give the user control as far as what they want their toggles to be...

• Like 1

My one request that I have for iOS 9 is that they add a low power mode toggle to the control center. Just having the notification pop up and then having to go digging for it if I decline at the time is more work than need be.

I wish it was more automatic and would turn on and off when the battery falls or raises above a set percentage

Or what would be cool is if when you get the "20% remaining" pop-up, there is an option other than just "Okay" that says "Enable Low Power Mode?". That would be interesting to see.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, I have been on iOS 9 since Thursday, and haven't had any of these authentication errors with my wi-fi. Maybe it has to do with the way you updated to iOS 9? I did it by restoring to a fresh 8.4 (I was on jailbroken 8.4 so I couldn't just update straight to it, however I could now if I used this new tweak). Then I downloaded the public beta profile, restarted the device, updated to iOS 9, then restored from a backup.

How did you guys update? Just make a backup of your device, download the profile, restart, and update? Maybe it's causing some kind of problem. I dunno  :wacko:

-Anthony

Oh and by the way, I have been on iOS 9 since Thursday, and haven't had any of these authentication errors with my wi-fi. Maybe it has to do with the way you updated to iOS 9? I did it by restoring to a fresh 8.4 (I was on jailbroken 8.4 so I couldn't just update straight to it, however I could now if I used this new tweak). Then I downloaded the public beta profile, restarted the device, updated to iOS 9, then restored from a backup.

How did you guys update? Just make a backup of your device, download the profile, restart, and update? Maybe it's causing some kind of problem. I dunno :wacko:

-Anthony

I updated OTA straight from stock 8.4 to 9.0 public beta. No jailbreak or anything along those lines.

Since updating to the iOS Public Beta my iPhone 6 is having some network connection issues relating to data and calling ability. I seemed to stay on LTE more regularly on 8.4. Also, every third or so call I make doesn't ring and I can't hear the person on the other end of the call if they pick up.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same or similar problems.

I've restored my phone twice and the problems persist.

TIA 

Since updating to the iOS Public Beta my iPhone 6 is having some network connection issues relating to data and calling ability. I seemed to stay on LTE more regularly on 8.4. Also, every third or so call I make doesn't ring and I can't hear the person on the other end of the call if they pick up.

TIA

This should probably be moved to the iPhone 6/6+ thread. This is a rumor thread.

Sent from my iPhone 6

TIA

I'm not sure how you were having better LTE on 8.4 because the Sprint Carrier bundle 20.1 messed things up for everyone.

This should probably be moved to the iPhone 6/6+ thread. This is a rumor thread.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Agreed, and done.

• Like 1