iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

What about being jail broken with a comm center patch? How do these people make their own custom carrier bundles? There has to be a way.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Hm. Maybe we should compare one of those custom carrier bundles to the official one and see what the changes are. I'll hopefully be able to do that tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

• Like 1

That may be it. With my experience on 20.5.9, it was leaps and bounds better than 20.1. Why would you want to downgrade? (Just out of curiosity).

P. S. - beta 3 is out now.

-Anthony

Is the update OTA? I don't have it

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

It should be available OTA. But since yours isn't showing it, you can use this link to direct download it.

-Anthony

<3. Yeh, mine still isn't showing up even after all night. Still says iOS 9.0 is up to date. Hmmm, weird. Oh well, I'll just force it to update lol.

• Like 1

Beta 3 has me on carrier 20.6.7. Update was successful. Hopefully battery life is even more improved. Still unable to back up to iCloud so back ups will continue to iTunes.

Any better than 20.1 and our terrible drops to 3G?

Unless you love that Tapatalk font, and always wished it were a few points larger, don't upgrade to the new version.

Sent from my iPhone 6

well.... I had auto update on since I got tired of manually updating my apps and I guess the font isn't.... Horrible?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk 2.0

I updated my iPad mini 2 first before I consider upgrading my iPhone to the iOS 9 beta, and I must say, I'm impressed so far after 15 minutes of use.

Edit: Also, iPad mini 2 is on carrier bundle 20.5.2 and build 13A4293g for the Public Beta.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which method are you all using to run the beta? Are you attached to a dev account? I kind of want to run it. The public beta hasn't been released yet, right?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Which method are you all using to run the beta? Are you attached to a dev account? I kind of want to run it. The public beta hasn't been released yet, right?

Sent from my iPhone 6

It was released earlier today. I didn't want to jump on the beta until the Public Beta, which did drop earlier this afternoon.

Sent from Josh's iPad mini using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone 6

It was released earlier today. I didn't want to jump on the beta until the Public Beta, which did drop earlier this afternoon.

Yeah they released the public beta earlier today. I updated my Dad's iPhone to it (I would do mine but I'm on jailbroken iOS 8.4, and you know, CellularInfo <3). They make it EXTREMELY simple to do. They tell you to back up to iTunes, go to a website that installs the public beta profile to your device, restart your device, go to OTA software updates, and BOOM! iOS 9 Public Beta 1. :)

-Anthony

• Like 3

Sprint still trying to fix the "definitely not carrier 20.1" related problem. Talked to a local Sprint RF engineer today. They still keep talking about dropped calls. I just want LTE to work like it used to...but I'm about to just give up and deal with it/switch to my old Galaxy.

Yeah they released the public beta earlier today. I updated my Dad's iPhone to it (I would do mine but I'm on jailbroken iOS 8.4, and you know, CellularInfo <3). They make it EXTREMELY simple to do. They tell you to back up to iTunes, go to a website that installs the public beta profile to your device, restart your device, go to OTA software updates, and BOOM! iOS 9 Public Beta 1. :)

-Anthony

That explains my confusion. I was searching for it last night, and could only find that it would be released "sometime in July." Thanks, guys.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Sprint still trying to fix the "definitely not carrier 20.1" related problem. Talked to a local Sprint RF engineer today. They still keep talking about dropped calls. I just want LTE to work like it used to...but I'm about to just give up and deal with it/switch to my old Galaxy.

No! Don't go to the dark side! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

ebd4c5354b36d3896d2ab28ec529e025.jpg

Carrier bundle up to 20.6.5 on T-Mobile.

Upload speeds seem to be better here on the edge of the cell FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-Anthony

Have you updated the carrier bundle on 8.4?

So, iOS 9 is pretty neat, but I have one problem: I ran an iCloud backup once before doing the upgrade, and I also did a full iTunes backup. After upgrading, when I look in my iCloud storage on the phone, I no longer have a backup listed. I'm kind of nervous about that, even though I have one on iTunes. Any ideas where else I can look to see if it's still there? Maybe a bug is preventing me from seeing it?

Sent from my iPhone 6

So, iOS 9 is pretty neat, but I have one problem: I ran an iCloud backup once before doing the upgrade, and I also did a full iTunes backup. After upgrading, when I look in my iCloud storage on the phone, I no longer have a backup listed. I'm kind of nervous about that, even though I have one on iTunes. Any ideas where else I can look to see if it's still there? Maybe a bug is preventing me from seeing it?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I think this is one of the listed bugs on the known issues. They said you should instead do back ups to your iTunes vs iCloud until it is fixed. I have the same issue. Says 0 bytes, and when I try to back up to iCloud it fails.