URGENT FROM ROBERT: Please help a family who recently lost their son

S4GRU

http://www.gofundme.com/dmgirs

A friend of mine from high school's best friend had their young son pass away tragically last week.  She is raising $2500 to help her friend with final expenses.  A modest GoFund me goal.

I apologize for coming forward this way, and I promise this is not something I will do often.  However, if you are able to make a donation to help this family, I would really appreciate it.  I would consider it a favor to me.  They are short of their goal.  I would love to see what we could do collectively from the members of S4GRU.

Since I deal with you guys so much day in and day out, I know how generous you are.  If we all gave $5, they could easily meet their goal.  Or if most of us gave $10.  Or a good chunk of us gave $25.  And if you can give more, well, I can't think of a more worthy goal than to show that there are good people out there that are complete strangers reaching out to a hurting family in need.

Thanks for your consideration.  I appreciate being able to hang out with such a great group of people every day online!

Robert

:fingers:

• Like 13

Donation sent, also is there a deadline?  Even though I already donated, I am more than able to donate a few dollars more by this weekend.

• Like 1

Donation sent, also is there a deadline?  Even though I already donated, I am more than able to donate a few dollars more by this weekend.

There is no deadline.  If they haven't met their goal by this weekend, please feel free to donate again.  I'll keep you all posted.  Thank you for your generosity!

Robert

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone who has contributed so far.  They are half way to their goal now.  Please consider a donation.  It is not too late.  The final amount will determine which head stone they will be able to get.  I am so grateful to you all who have donated.  Their family is just astonished that so many people they don't even know are helping them in their time of grief.

Robert

I can't imagine the family's grief. Only close family and friends can truly help in this situation, but I hope our contributions can help give a small glimmer of happiness in such a dark period for this family.

• Like 1

I made a donation as well.....no matter how rough I or anyone else may think we have things at times, or even oftentimes in some cases (I speak from a personal standpoint there), it is things like this that bring us back to the reality of just how blessed and fortunate so many of us really are and take that fact for granted by comparison to what these folks are now having to go through.  My heart goes out to all family and friends involved.

• Like 1