Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

Just remember its 1x800 and not 800mhz LTE...

Its a nice welcome and it improves things alot but i know a few people that has already been confused.

I did notice that still happy for progress
  • Like 1

Just visiting this week. Haven't been impressed yet. Been mostly in Litchfield at the wigwam resort. And in Mesa. 1x800 has been pretty rough hovering in the high 90 to low 100s. Again I'm just visiting and haven't been all over. I do love the weather! It's been beautiful so far!

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Well headed back to SLC. Gonna miss the weather. Gotta say I'm happy I'm in a Samsung market. Was very frustrated with my service experience this week in this market. I hope they get it turned around as I plan on returning frequently.

• Like 1

It's got to be a lot better in the Phoenix area than when I was there last September!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I actually gave up and turned it off at the house. I can't imagine it being worse. It really made me appreciate our vendor here. I will say it was better in downtown. But in Mesa no bueno. Missing the 80 degree weather already!

I actually gave up and turned it off at the house. I can't imagine it being worse. It really made me appreciate our vendor here. I will say it was better in downtown. But in Mesa no bueno. Missing the 80 degree weather already!

What phone do you have

well living here... i can most definitely imagine it being worse... the differences between now and just a couple months ago are night and day.  I dont know where in Mesa you were but i get 4g on the 202 almost the entire trip between AJ and the Airport as well as on the 60 and the airport... in fact last week i was watching youtube videos while my car pooler drove.  and bringing down at worst 7megs at best 17

just a couple of months ago that wasn't possible..  in fact a couple months ago it was near impossible to listen to sticher and drive to work...  without constant buffering 

• Like 1

I was staying in the eastmark development off Ray....i think that's what it's called. I could not even hold a data connection. I tried everything even went back to a stock prl with no 1x800 turned on cdma only it was just not happy in a lot of places. I'm glad to here its improving and it sounds like your having a better experience so that's great to hear. I was just visiting so it's no big deal just an observation from another market with different vendors. Oh and to answer the question I am on a note 2.

I was staying in the eastmark development off Ray....i think that's what it's called. I could not even hold a data connection. I tried everything even went back to a stock prl with no 1x800 turned on cdma only it was just not happy in a lot of places. I'm glad to here its improving and it sounds like your having a better experience so that's great to hear. I was just visiting so it's no big deal just an observation from another market with different vendors. Oh and to answer the question I am on a note 2.

oh yes i see why you had problems... just south of the old Chevy proving grounds yes down there is challenging hell till just last week i didnt have any 4g data in in my house just a few miles away... 

williams field and power got 4 g recently 

but the two sites near eastmark are NV complete just not 4G yet... 

we havent seen any 800 in the east valley yet... there were a couple in west mesa though 

I have my phone in CDMA only mode a lot because LTE isn't always usable. I can pull down 5Mbps one minute and get network connection errors the next.

Seeing better improvement near Van Buren and 19th ave. Also at 59th ave & Peoria. This shot is from inside a steel/concrete structure, that normally struggles even get a cell signal.post-15002-139636920434_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Looking for a little feed back on the S4. Contract is up and thinking about getting one.  I currently have a galaxy nexus and the 4g performance has been dismal. I know i is an incomplete market but with the GNex i need to be within about 1/2 mile of a tower for it to connect to LTE. Sometime i cannot even connect.  I know of the 4.3 data issue on the gnex and i believe I am a victim of it. 

My question is even in this developing market how have you felt about the performance of your S4 switching from tower to tower? can you drive between towers and maintain a connection?   

Any feed back on the s4 and the phoenix market is appreciated...

Get the S5. It is out next week.  My single B25 S4 is comparable on LTE with my M8.  On 1xRTT I have seen 5-10db improvement from my M8.

Get the S5. It is out next week.  My single B25 S4 is comparable on LTE with my M8.  On 1xRTT I have seen 5-10db improvement from my M8.

in a perfect world i would but price is a major issue for me these days. a cant see spending 200 on an s5 when I will be able to get an s4 for free when the s5 comes out or shortly thereafter

in a perfect world i would but price is a major issue for me these days. a cant see spending 200 on an s5 when I will be able to get an s4 for free when the s5 comes out or shortly thereafter

Get on Easy Pay, 27/month.  S4 pretty good phone compared to my M8.  Not much different from my own testing on LTE.

I currently have a galaxy nexus and the 4g performance has been dismal. 

Any feed back on the s4 and the phoenix market is appreciated...

It's been well documented since S4GRU's conception that that the GNex is a poor RF performer, possibly the worst of any Sprint device.  I haven't owned a GNex, nor the S4 you're interested in but, Samsung's radio performance has been reported to be quite good over the last couple generations.  I would be willing to bet you'll see a night and day difference in radio performance and LTE connectivity.

That being said, I still think your best bet for radio performance (and cost) would be the Nexus 5. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been well documented since S4GRU's conception that that the GNex is a poor RF performer, possibly the worst of any Sprint device.  I haven't owned a GNex, nor the S4 you're interested in but, Samsung's radio performance has been reported to be quite good over the last couple generations.  I would be willing to bet you'll see a night and day difference in radio performance and LTE connectivity.

That being said, I still think your best bet for radio performance (and cost) would be the Nexus 5. 

Thanks for the feedback!  I had looked briefly at the nexus 5 but it had 3 strikes for what I wanted.

1. Embedded battery ( i like to have the option for an extended battery )

2. no sd card. ( learned my lesson with my wifes gnex and pictures of our son )

3. no Direct connect. (was a nextel customer for a long time and i was looking forward to getting that back) 

3 1/2  no Spark at the moment (The sprint site said it will be available soon via update I know it is not availble in phoenix yet but dont want buyers remorse when it is )

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of these features

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously? I'm sitting here at 55th ave & Union Hills and only have 2 bar in 3G??? That blows. Now, its fluctuating between 4 bars. Wait.. Now no bars... WTF?

Seriously? I'm sitting here at 55th ave & Union Hills and only have 2 bar in 3G??? That blows. Now, its fluctuating between 4 bars. Wait.. Now no bars... WTF?

If I were you, I wouldn't put much faith in the "bars."