Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

I am seeing new purple on Sensorly on US 60 in Mesa around the Gilbert Road area. Has anyone had the chance to try the N5 in the Phoenix area in and around the LTE sites to see how the phone works in switching from 3G and holding signals?

I also see someone mapped out east of Old Town... sweetness :-)

Has anyone with a tri-band phone had luck connecting to LTE in Phoenix?

The first 2 days I had my N5 it connected to LTE fine, but I couldn't get any phone calls to come through. I could make outgoing calls however. I have since turned off LTE and I get and can make calls as expected.

I've left LTE off for now until the issues can be fixed.

Just noticed that parts of ASU Tempe had LTE coverage today. Walked around campus, and there was better LTE coverage on the north side near University Dr.

I'd map it on Sensorly, but I'm on an iPhone.

I drove all around the Tempe ASU campus last night trying to find and map the LTE but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

New site live in tempe right behind the Aloft hotel I believe. Got up to 27mbps down.

1:30 am?! Lol, determined.. Jk.. I went by there on the 202 and never got a connection, thought it was odd.. Maybe drove too fast but that's great speeds for LTE I'm liking that, thanks

1:30 am?! Lol, determined.. Jk.. I went by there on the 202 and never got a connection, thought it was odd.. Maybe drove too fast but that's great speeds for LTE I'm liking that, thanks

Haha! I was working late and dropped a guy off at the condos right there and noticed I had a strong LTE signal so I parked and tested it out! I have noticed sometimes I have to reset my data connection for it to get LTE when I'm just driving around.

Haha! I was working late and dropped a guy off at the condos right there and noticed I had a strong LTE signal so I parked and tested it out! I have noticed sometimes I have to reset my data connection for it to get LTE when I'm just driving around.

Lol great I'll have to try that then.. have Signal Check Pro

Looks like I finally have LTE near my house (59th Ave & 101). It's been a week and stable. Speeds are ok, but not the 20+mbps I was hoping for.

Until TD-LTE is rolled out across the Phoenix area, 20+Mbps download speeds are not going to be the norm.

There's a reason Sprint advertises LTE speeds of 6-8Mbps. Not because that's all you'll see, but because that will be the speeds the average user sees.

To get 20+, you need to have pretty good conditions. A strong signal, fairly close to the site, with few other users connected.

As more sites come online, speeds may come up a little bit. In the Kansas City area, where nearly every site has LTE online, my speeds average between 10 and 15Mbps. 

ive been gettting off and on on the 202 in that area last week almost consistently on my way into work then this weekend i didnt get a signal again.. so hopefully they get done testing and turn it on for good after thanksgiving

ive been gettting off and on on the 202 in that area last week almost consistently on my way into work then this weekend i didnt get a signal again.. so hopefully they get done testing and turn it on for good after thanksgiving

oh i guess it was accepted today... i came into work via the 60 today so on the way home ill see if i get a decent signal 

Another good way to tell if 4G is on, look at the network maps on sprint.  And if theirs 2 data speeds on the tower its most likely on.  Not 100% right but very close.   

https://network.sprint.com/AZ/Phoenix/

I hadnt looked at those maps in a long time... hadnt seen much info well vague info yes but this is uncanny 

sweet thanks

• 2 weeks later...

6LTE updates today.  Moving right along!  Now if only the tower by my work would be done.  It has been dropping signal randomly, is that any indication of anything?  I thought i saw them running fiber in the street on 48th and Baseline a week or 2 ago.

For anyone in the know, is backhaul non-existent south east of the loop 202 in the towns of Gilbert and Queen Creek? Aside from a tower that just switched on near Higley and Chandler Heights (6 miles due west of me), I see no dark purple in the area on Sensorly.

Edit: punctuation

Edited by kx250ryder

For anyone in the know, is backhaul non-existent south east of the loop 202 in the towns of Gilbert and Queen Creek? Aside from a tower that just switched on near Higley and Chandler Heights (6 miles due west of me), I see no dark purple in the area on Sensorly.

Edit: punctuation

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5072-not-complete-maps/

This is a great resource it has two maps one that shows no nv activity at all 

and one that shows NON LTE sites 

these two maps pretty much tell you where you are waiting on backhaul if there is a dot in both maps then you are waiting on the contractor to put network vision up.. if there is no dot on the NV map but one on the non lte site then you are waiting on backhaul.  

best thing you could do is go ahead and donate to the site... and get sponsor status then follow the above link.