Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

i guess i missed the verse in take me out to the ball game about decent lte is that before or after the cracker jacks?

It's in the fine print "Baseball prospectus shall be accessible when 4th string non-roster invitees are substituted for starters in order to better judge their potential in both the spring and during a season."

Just received this text message from Sprint. SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1

I received this text yesterday. Ironically, not one of the three addresses on my family plan get LTE (all are within a few hundred feet of it). Even my office is a tease, in that almost the entire 10 acre facility gets LTE except my office and a handfull of others along the east side of the property. The only place I get LTE is when I'm driving, when I'm not supposed to be using the phone anyway.

Network Vision upgrades to existing equipment I fear won't help me, but is there any plan in the next 18 months for tower expansion in this market?

Edited by kx250ryder

I received this text yesterday. Ironically, not one of the three addresses on my family plan get LTE (all are within a few hundred feet of it). Even my office is a tease, in that almost the entire 10 acre facility gets LTE except my office and a handfull of others along the east side of the property. The only place I get LTE is when I'm driving, when I'm not supposed to be using the phone anyway.

Network Vision upgrades to existing equipment I fear won't help me, but is there any plan in the next 18 months for tower expansion in this market?

800 lte will help.

• Like 1

I don't think that the Sprint HTC One supports 800MHz LTE. That would mean I would have to wait until upgrade time in June of 2015, and pray that Phoenix would be built out for Spark by then. Does anyone know if that is the case?

After getting burned by Wimax on the last contract cycle for Phoenix with the Evo 3D, I don't think I'll be renewing in 2015 to gamble that Spark will be the salvation in my neighborhood that regular LTE wasn't.

I don't believe it is tri band. The only phone I know that does support the 800mhz frequency is the iphone 5s. I am not sure but the S3 may also but someone would need to verify that. Even the iphone 5s doesn't support the Tri band but just two of the three band that will be broadcasted. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think that the Sprint HTC One supports 800MHz LTE. That would mean I would have to wait until upgrade time in June of 2015, and pray that Phoenix would be built out for Spark by then. Does anyone know if that is the case?

After getting burned by Wimax on the last contract cycle for Phoenix with the Evo 3D, I don't think I'll be renewing in 2015 to gamble that Spark will be the salvation in my neighborhood that regular LTE wasn't.

In 2015, you will not have the option of renewing your contract in return for a subsidized equipment upgrade.  In fact, you probably will not have that option later this spring.  Contracts and subsidies are going away soon.

AJ

a donation will give you a step up on that info in the members areas there are alot of maps that have this info in it.  there have been a ton of tower expansions phx is well underway most of the towers have had the network vision upgrades that means that the towers are upgraded but the backhaul for 4g hasnt... LTE comes when backhaul work gets done and thats by century link and cox...  but if you have 3g where you are its likely that lte will be shortly following once the backhaul is in place... 

i would highly recommend making a donation whatever you feel is fair and the amount of info you get its worth it... make educated decisions not just guesses... 

In 2015, you will not have the option of renewing your contract in return for a subsidized equipment upgrade.  In fact, you probably will not have that option later this spring.  Contracts and subsidies are going away soon.

AJ

yea but wont that pay as you go plan still be in place?  i figured that would replace the subsidized model people have been spoiled for way too long now as it is...  but the my way plans are at least a way to make it easier on the subscriber than having to dish out full price at time of sale.. 

the htc one is not triband but the htc one max is 

http://htcsource.com/2013/10/sprint-htc-one-max-to-be-priced-at-249-99-will-feature-sprint-spark-tri-band-capabilities/

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having issues connecting to the tower by my house.  It wont connect to LTE.  I have a nexus 5 and tested with EVO LTE and no connection.  I had the same issue when we were having the eCSFB issues, but it was working great until this past week or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LTE seems to work maybe 50% of the time, the other 50% is too slow to be useful. I'm going to assume this is normal for an unofficial market like Phoenix. It's very frustrating and it's been going on for several weeks, hopefully it gets resolved soon.

LTE seems to work maybe 50% of the time, the other 50% is too slow to be useful. I'm going to assume this is normal for an unofficial market like Phoenix. It's very frustrating and it's been going on for several weeks, hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Where are you located. So far I have run into zero problems on lte. The lowest speeds I have seen have been north of 1 mbits.

But yeah if the lte roll out is incomplete so towers can become overloaded when they would not be had the roll out been complete.

• Like 1

Where are you located. So far I have run into zero problems on lte. The lowest speeds I have seen have been north of 1 mbits.

But yeah if the lte roll out is incomplete so towers can become overloaded when they would not be had the roll out been complete.

Yup, all about site density. Too early to pass judgement on an unofficial market!

Just remember its 1x800 and not 800mhz LTE...  

Its a nice welcome and it improves things alot  but i know a few people that has already been confused.  

Is this right? 800 MHz in phoenix already!!!!!

ezygepus.jpg

• Like 1

Saw this article on Qualcomm's site regarding Sprint's small cell hyper dense network at Phoenix International Raceway.  Has anyone been down to the speedway and were able to connect to B41 that was deployed?  

http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/thewire/qualcomm-transforms-the-sprint-nascar-garage-with-small-cells/