Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

My contract with 4 phones ends at the end of this month. I pre-ordered a G2 from BestBuy and have not heard anything. Bought two Nexus 5 and got two SIM cards from chat link in one of the posts. All came in yesterday.

I stopped by Walgreens to buy T-Mobile SIM ($10) and signed up for $30 plan and I am shocked at LTE speeds and availability here in Phoenix. Today I went in to transfer service to Nexus 5 without issues but sadly my speeds are back to non-existent.  Took Sprint SIM out and put T-Mobile SIM back and I think I may stick with T-Mobile as there is no comparison. I've been a Sprint customer for close to 15 years but the reality is that my bill will also be less now that I own the phones. My airave just died and without it I have to use wifi calling from home (Google Voice).

Sorry for rant and thank you all for your help!

You have access to some invaluable information and it sounds like you were looking for some other reason to stay.  Phoenix should be well covered soon enough and customer service would have been obliged to send you a new airave.

If you save money and are satisfied, good luck to you. 

I downloaded speedtest for 4g signal sstrength. Can anyone take a moment to explain the best speeds I'm looking for cuz some of the sights I've been to the numbers have been all over the board and I am not that familiar with what I'm seeing.

Chandler Ave & Rural Tower Work (Intel Parking Garage)

Came to work today and saw the crew up on the tower working.  I presume to install vision enhancements.  I would have expected this to have happened sooner, since Intel uses Sprint exclusively for their production service.  Will post speed tests once it's online

So it's been a while, here's an update.  Following this post, there was a crew working diligently (from before 8am to after 5pm) for the following week and a half everyday.  They installed new antennas and were up on the cherry picker most the time.  This week, they have been gone, but there is no mention on the sponsor website anything has happened, I have no 4G coverage... From the look of the tower, there are 4G antennas... Could they be waiting for backhaul or what might be going on?  I can't find any activity happening anymore everyday there.

So it's been a while, here's an update.  Following this post, there was a crew working diligently (from before 8am to after 5pm) for the following week and a half everyday.  They installed new antennas and were up on the cherry picker most the time.  This week, they have been gone, but there is no mention on the sponsor website anything has happened, I have no 4G coverage... From the look of the tower, there are 4G antennas... Could they be waiting for backhaul or what might be going on?  I can't find any activity happening anymore everyday there.

Thanks for the update. After the crews install the new equipment, somebody has to come by and inspect/accept the site before it is active for the end user. Sometimes that happens fast, sometimes that happens slow. And, yes, backhaul may still need to be installed.  Has the legacy equipment been taken down?

You are actually AHEAD of S4GRU by watching the tower be upgraded as this site only gets confirmation from a source about sprint ACCEPTING the tower.  If it has not shown up on the map, you are more than welcome to inform AJ/Robert of it being in progress and they can mark it as such.  That would make it more visible to know when it has progressed from "In-Progress" to "Accepted"

Post 300 yay

Thanks for the update. After the crews install the new equipment, somebody has to come by and inspect/accept the site before it is active for the end user. Sometimes that happens fast, sometimes that happens slow. And, yes, backhaul may still need to be installed.  Has the legacy equipment been taken down?

Here's an image of the tower.  I don't think anything looks like it's been taken down.  All the electronics on the ground are inside a concrete bunker, so I can't see what's gone on there.  The top level is completely new to this tower I believe and is where they were working for the majority of the time.

http://imgur.com/09GuGDR

--Kyle

Sprints not at that tower. That is Nextel all the way at the bottom though. If they colocate great if not. It's probably not needed. The top portion is either Att or T-Mobile. My inclination says Att.

Here's an image of the tower. I don't think anything looks like it's been taken down. All the electronics on the ground are inside a concrete bunker, so I can't see what's gone on there. The top level is completely new to this tower I believe and is where they were working for the majority of the time.

http://imgur.com/09GuGDR

--Kyle

This is very sad news. I didn't know collocation existed. I guess I need to look harder for that sprint tower, or is this still the tower listed on the map?

It's not necessarily a "tower" could be antennas attached to a building or some other structures... A light pole.. A flag pole.. If it's one of those cactus ones.. good luck...

Now looking g at Phoenix permits thread I see two sites near chandler and rural the closest being at 5400 w chandler.. which looks like a park.. and One down at chandler and McClintock that's the stellar air park site and that one has been confirmed 4G accepted...

So im assuming you are talking about the one at 5400 w chandler.. it's shown completed 3g probably waiting on back haul... I'd look closely at those light poles on the baseball diamonds.. i don't see anything on 5 he Google maps pics but those are at least 2 years old...

Map that shit cause it ain't real till its on sensorly lol

lol, I work tomorrow down there. I'll try and map something more than the two dots someone made earlier :-)

post-22302-0-16721300-1384629799_thumb.png

Edited by rkopsie

Take a second look, its on Sensorly. Zoom in, it isn't much. Whoever did it probably mapped it for a second.

thats just my standard answer when people find an unmarked spot, i see another one down south and west closer to sky harbor too  maybe ill start getting a few bits of LTE at work tonight...  

i honestly believe there is a tech that when they fire up a site maps it then moves on whoever it is thank you lol 

thats just my standard answer when people find an unmarked spot, i see another one down south and west closer to sky harbor too  maybe ill start getting a few bits of LTE at work tonight...   i honestly believe there is a tech that when they fire up a site maps it then moves on whoever it is thank you lol

Yeah, also you can see super faint purple lines along 101 near Chaparral -- yeah also thank you from me

What's the current status of the Phoenix area (Scottsdale, in particular)? I've read through most of the information you guys have provided. It's fantastic! Any update as to when things will start to happen here? :) What's the latest news? I just switched from Verizon to Sprint a few days ago. Definitely notice a drop-off in data speeds, but I can tolerate it until these upgrades take place. [ First post - enjoy the site. Glad to be a part of it. ]

get down to old town they just got lit up...    (had to tell this guy hes been waiting a while lol)

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=scottsdale

• Like 1

get down to old town they just got lit up... (had to tell this guy hes been waiting a while lol) http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=scottsdale

soooo apparently those 2 dots in Old Town Scottsdale dont work... I tried everything and couldn't get 4G to light up, so can't map anything :-(

Edited by rkopsie

soooo apparently those 2 dots in Old Town Scottsdale dont work... I tried everything and couldn't get 4G to light up, so can't map anything :-(

That tower may not be accepted yet and is currently being tested. Should be up pretty soon if all goes well

Edited by Tejer

I am seeing new purple on Sensorly on US 60 in Mesa around the Gilbert Road area.  Has anyone had the chance to try the N5 in the Phoenix area in and around the LTE sites to see how the phone works in switching from 3G and holding signals?

I am seeing new purple on Sensorly on US 60 in Mesa around the Gilbert Road area.  Has anyone had the chance to try the N5 in the Phoenix area in and around the LTE sites to see how the phone works in switching from 3G and holding signals?

My Nexus 5 at my house in Chandler will connect to LTE, then disconnect and drop back to eHRPD/1x.  I think we have the eCSFB issue here in PHX.