Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

So I have a 3G accepted site near my work and every third phone call I either get static so bad te other person can't understand a word I am saying or I get connected to myself.....I have full signal. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

So I have a 3G accepted site near my work and every third phone call I either get static so bad te other person can't understand a word I am saying or I get connected to myself.....I have full signal. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Known issue until more and more sites go live with 3G/4G.  We have had this issue in San Diego, but most of this issue has disappeared as more 4G sites went live.

Pretty much all voice is going over data and has to be tuned.  It usually gets tuned with 3G/4G is turned up on new back haul. Open a ticket with support which might help fix it.

Could somebody kindly inform me how I could check to see if the 3G and LTE I Am receiving are from the same tower?

I'm in this now awkward phase here in Avondale where I get 1-2 bars of LTE in certain parts of the house and 3 bars if I'm lucky. The other half of the time it kicks to 3-4 bars of 3G. I'm curious if it's switching towers or just kicking back to 3G on the same tower because the lte reception is no good. I pull an average of -108 according to the engineering mode, so not so great. I'm just wondering if it's a different tower then my hopes of getting better lte reception one day can carry on :)

Edited by Tejer

Could somebody kindly inform me how I could check to see if the 3G and LTE I Am receiving are from the same tower?

I'm in this now awkward phase here in Avondale where I get 1-2 bars of LTE in certain parts of the house and 3 bars if I'm lucky. The other half of the time it kicks to 3-4 bars of 3G. I'm curious if it's switching towers or just kicking back to 3G on the same tower because the lte reception is no good. I pull an average of -108 according to the engineering mode, so not so great. I'm just wondering if it's a different tower then my hopes of getting better lte reception one day can carry on :)

The best thing to do would be to become a sponsor and check the maps for upgraded towers that surround your residence.

Tower down last few days? I have full access to data, yet NO access to voice or texting... SW corner of Via Linda & Frank Lloyd Wright (Scottsdale) .... it is so annoying, anyway to find out when it will be fixed?

Edited by rkopsie

I saw there was a small dot of purple on sensorly today in that area. Looks like you are LTE very soon. I had 2 bars of LTE at Cracker Jacks on Scottsdale Rd tonight. Not sure which tower it was. I did a speedtest and got about 10mb down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I saw there was a small dot of purple on sensorly today in that area. Looks like you are LTE very soon. I had 2 bars of LTE at Cracker Jacks on Scottsdale Rd tonight. Not sure which tower it was. I did a speedtest and got about 10mb down.

I had a heart attack when Signal Pro chirped to tell me I picked up 4G @ Frank Lloyd Wright & 110th St... Have to zoom in on Sensolry and you can see it :)

We'll be relocating to the Phoenix area next month and we are giving Maricopa, AZ a strong look.  I noticed only two towers (one to the east, one to the west) of Maricopa and both were 3G only.  How is the signal down that way?  Will those towers get the LTE upgrade? 

We'll be relocating to the Phoenix area next month and we are giving Maricopa, AZ a strong look.  I noticed only two towers (one to the east, one to the west) of Maricopa and both were 3G only.  How is the signal down that way?  Will those towers get the LTE upgrade? 

Somewhere near 99.9% of Sprints sites will get LTE, so the likelihood of those sites in/near Maricopa being upgraded to LTE is almost a guarantee. I cannot speak for coverage there though, but 800MHZ CDMA and LTE upgrades are in full swing now, and that is only going to further improve coverage and capacity. 

The strong signal that I was getting on Friday at 40th St and Greenway appears to be off today. They must have been testing it last week.

It was on earlier today!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Drove through Kingman yesterday, (I drive long haul between Kingman AZ and Springfield MO so I've been seeing each city on that path light up slowly), and they have LTE live near the main part of town. Speed test was about 10mb up 6mb down. (Of course I was moving through town not sitting still. )

Also, when I got home in Bullhead City, AZ, surprise surprise, im showing LTE active there now as well. 7mb down 3up. Unfortunately I live RIGHT on the Nevada/AZ border (Colorado River is about a block from me...) I require an Airave to even  use my phone in my house so in home 4G is just a pipe dream for me, heh. 

I dont know if the signal is coming from Bullhead City towers or across the river in Laughlin. No Sensorly reports in my area for LTE so I guess I'll have to fire up mine and drive around. 

• Like 3

Just received this text message from Sprint.

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1

Umm... If this is referring to lte we are going to need a dramtic pickup in the number of acceptance.
  • Like 1

I hope it gets better for the Spring Training games coming up in a month.

i guess i missed the verse in take me out to the ball game about decent lte is that before or after the cracker jacks?