Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

No. It was fixed yesterday. I was going to post on it but didn't have time. I finally was able to put in a trouble ticket myself and got called back by their trouble ticket team. They said that there had been no tickets put in and the rep. Put one in for me. Two days later Lte came back online.

The system worked!  Glory be!!!  :tu:

Robert

• Like 1

It is lame. But I think there are so many tickets related to Network Vision issues that many people are just kind of numb to them. Assuming the problem is just 'NV related' and will work itself out. They need to have people really researching these things and find out the problem. Because it seems many non NV problems are just not getting noticed and fixed, even when properly reported.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Yikes.  That blows.  I guess I've had days like that.  Days when things were going so poorly than anything else negative that came up in my day that would be properly  addressed on any other day I simply at that time said "fudge it."  Yeah, some days are like that.

But I would think that a massive company like Sprint would have checks and balances in place to ensure things like that didn't happen at all or, at best, were kept to a rare minimum.

Tempted to put a ticket in for the Rural/Ray tower. It's incredibly weak, you can only get LTE if your practically standing next to it. Even sensorly maps confirm that it's range is very limited.  

• 5 weeks later...

I put a ticket on the tower at Maryland and El mirage. It's not backhauled for LTE yet, but its been performing terribly. A network tech called me yesterday to say that it has been dropping 15% of phone calls. Also something is wrong with the 800Mhz installation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the week in Peoria, Glendale, and Chandler. Experience was good if not better than Orange County. Band 25 everywhere I went, and very usable 3G indoors...heck, 3G was even usable on the 10 between Phoenix metro and the Palm Springs area. Pretty amazing how far the usable signal stretches between towers on the highway in the middle of the desert.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a rumor. While sprint upgrading their network to spark to provide better coverage I heard that at the same time they are downsizing the amount of towers they will be maintaining. Is there any truth to this and can some one link me to the information TIA

Or better yet link me to something disproving this rumor.

Heard a rumor. While sprint upgrading their network to spark to provide better coverage I heard that at the same time they are downsizing the amount of towers they will be maintaining. Is there any truth to this and can some one link me to the information TIA

Or better yet link me to something disproving this rumor.

True. But it doesn't mean what you think it means. Sprint bought Clearwire last year and picked up an additional ~15k sites. 40% of Clearwire sites were on towers that also already house Sprint.

It would be crazy for Sprint to pay two leases at the same site. They will be decommissioning ~6,000 Clearwire sites because they will move that equipment over to the Sprint rack and base cabinets.

There will be no net loss in coverage. Just cost savings from removing redundancies. Actually, Sprint will be adding additional B41 Spark sites in urban areas to infill coverages later in 2015/2016.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is lame. But I think there are so many tickets related to Network Vision issues that many people are just kind of numb to them. Assuming the problem is just 'NV related' and will work itself out. They need to have people really researching these things and find out the problem. Because it seems many non NV problems are just not getting noticed and fixed, even when properly reported.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Please can you explain in more detail about network vision issues?

• 2 months later...

Well not much other than alu deploying and activating new 2.5 Equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's something. I'd love to hear about 800mhz lte being deployed. So many gaps in coverage in my neck of the valley.

I still fall into 1x (no evdo/eHRPD) often inside stores, or between towers.

My contract with Sprint is up on Feb 14.  I've been looking to move to Verizon because my service has gone to hell since the whole WiMax fiasco.  I'm on 3G more than 4G-LTE and I can't receive phone call in my house.  I'm near 59th Ave & Union Hills, so I'm not out of the city.  It's quite irritating.

I hope they get their crap together soon!

My contract with Sprint is up on Feb 14. I've been looking to move to Verizon because my service has gone to hell since the whole WiMax fiasco. I'm on 3G more than 4G-LTE and I can't receive phone call in my house. I'm near 59th Ave & Union Hills, so I'm not out of the city. It's quite irritating.

I hope they get their crap together soon!

It is tremendously better all over the Phoenix Metro. And it gets better everyday. But if it is not better where you use it, then it won't matter. It may improve in time for you. But if not, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The next big thing that will improve service in Phoenix is Band 26 LTE. Hopefully that will start in 2015.

• Like 1

I'd add that Sprint WiFi calling does work very well. If you have poor coverage at your house, get a WiFi calling enabled phone and it will become a non issue.

Verizon or att will give you a better network experience, but at a substantial higher price. Most of us stick with sprint because we like the value and know that the service is improving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...