Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Ridiculous setups such as these...

QpHniHO.jpg

A9V6ehe.jpg

K3MSKtz.jpg

YWapCIw.jpg

sBMjDt3.jpg

My gosh...industrial you think? The way that stuff looks makes you think that they can support unlimited data or throttled UD. I wonder how much that stuff weighs sitting on top of those towers.

Can someone break down what is in those pictures?

It looks like they will break down whatever they are mounted on all by themselves.  No need for anyone here to try.  What a cluster -####.  But I'll bet they can transmit lots of gig-o-bytes.

I have two ATT sites with these roof sized panels. They look terrible in my opinion. What are so special about these sites?

that could very well be possible (and likely), that apple does not allow carriers to discount devices.

But that would seem counter to pretty much every retail item where the retailer controls the product pricing vs the 'suggested retail price'.

sounds like of like the price fixing apple did on the ebooks market.

it's actually legal. Most TV manufacturers have a set price and authorized dealers are not allowed to sell or advertise below it.

it's actually legal. Most TV manufacturers have a set price and authorized dealers are not allowed to sell or advertise below it.

Yep it is. Vendors have a set price that they allow you to sell their products for. For example Apple products at target can never be clearances, some Samsung electronics as well. Clearance to apple is a sign of a degrading or old product. Samsung is starting to turn into that as well.

Marcelo has been awfully quiet as of late....

Any good planning stage should be developed in a cloak of darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's true. I wonder whats going on behind the scenes. Dish has been very quiet as well

lol Marcelo the Good is in a secret brightly lit bunker coming up new objectives while Charlie W. Evil is just waiting to unleash his BS at just the right time.

• Like 2

lol Marcelo the Good is in a secret brightly lit bunker coming up new objectives while Charlie W. Evil is just waiting to unleash his BS at just the right time.

Well if Charlie W. Evil unleashes it by buying T-Mobile, I will be ready with the popcorn to watch that. :D

• Like 4

I suspect DT's statements about holding on to tmo through the spectrum auctions is a result of private offers received which did not meet their goal. Make no mistake, Charlie Ergen will always demand a steal. If DT wanted $35 a share Ergen would offer them $30 or 33 and remind them how "depressed" the asset seems or cast gloom. I look at their holding statements as a refute of that mentality coming from prospective purchasers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I suspect DT's statements about holding on to tmo through the spectrum auctions is a result of private offers received which did not meet their goal. Make no mistake, Charlie Ergen will always demand a steal. If DT wanted $35 a share Ergen would offer them $30 or 33 and remind them how "depressed" the asset seems or cast gloom. I look at their holding statements as a refute of that mentality coming from prospective purchasers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I am sure he is looking for a steal, likewise DT is looking for a payday. Question is who blinks first?

• Like 2

Yeah, Crazy Charlie didn't get to where is by over paying. He is actually really business smart.

Very true. Even though I am no fan of his, I think his offer is probably more reasonable than what DT wants.

Though I would say that those are not able to actually restrict pricing activities themselves - only "Minimum Advertised Price" - only advertising and marketing activities that would not be termed as monopolistic practices.. Other than that, and as long as the retailer is willing to take the price/margin hit, they can sell for whatever they want. There's only usually ~3% profit for retailers on electronics in general, so that doesn't really give them much room if they want to move the price independently.

Though I would say that those are not able to actually restrict pricing activities themselves - only "Minimum Advertised Price" - only advertising and marketing activities that would not be termed as monopolistic practices.. Other than that, and as long as the retailer is willing to take the price/margin hit, they can sell for whatever they want. There's only usually ~3% profit for retailers on electronics in general, so that doesn't really give them much room if they want to move the price independently.

I don't know if this applies to other retailers or not. At Best Buy, some items will be flagged UMRP (unilateral minimum resale price) and can not be discounted at all. Dyson vacuums are one of the things I remember having this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And now Sprint is doubling AT&T's double data plan promotion...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-stands-behind-pledge-to-deliver-double-the-data.htm?view_id=8028

At this rate, Family Share Pack plans will offer far more data than the average unlimited user uses. Whoa.

• Like 11

And now Sprint is doubling AT&T's double data plan promotion...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-stands-behind-pledge-to-deliver-double-the-data.htm?view_id=8028

At this rate, Family Share Pack plans will offer far more data than the average unlimited user uses. Whoa.

Wow......So we can clearly see who sprint really wants to compete with...T-Mobile ins't even a factor anymore. They want at&t customers to come over to the yellow side.

• Like 11

Wow......So we can clearly see who sprint really wants to compete with...T-Mobile ins't even a factor anymore. They want at&t customers to come over to the yellow side.

which is very smart.

• Like 4