Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Speaking of plans and what not, in regards to Easy Pay, how does one go about paying off the balance?

Lets say I pay my monthly bill today. But i still have about $250 on the Easy pay installment. If I wanted to pay off that $250, how do I go about doing it. I don't see a way to do it via the Sprint website. The Easy Pay FAQ doesn't mention it, so it seems the only way is to go into a Sprint store and have the rep do it.

Has anyone payed off their Easy Pay installments yet?

TS

Speaking of plans and what not, in regards to Easy Pay, how does one go about paying off the balance?

Lets say I pay my monthly bill today. But i still have about $250 on the Easy pay installment. If I wanted to pay off that $250, how do I go about doing it. I don't see a way to do it via the Sprint website. The Easy Pay FAQ doesn't mention it, so it seems the only way is to go into a Sprint store and have the rep do it.

TS

From what I have read you are correct in that it must be done at a store and additionally it may take up to 5 days to show eligibility for a new phone. 

Lets say I pay my monthly bill today. But i still have about $250 on the Easy pay installment. If I wanted to pay off that $250, how do I go about doing it. I don't see a way to do it via the Sprint website. The Easy Pay FAQ doesn't mention it, so it seems the only way is to go into a Sprint store and have the rep do it.

TS

You can also do it over the phone. When you call to get your account balance it lists device payments separately. You can then opt to pay for the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

cletus, I did not bring up this discussion, however it has bothered me since it was announced and so I have given my opinion and reasoning behind it, other people have also stated their opinion and various comparisons to other types of discounts, some of which make a reasonable comparison, others which are completely irrelevant or comparing apples and oranges (pun intended).

What I will find endlessly entertaining is, that some of these iphone users/converts on the new plan will be surprised/upset that they permanently lose the $50 plan if they, even if it is only temporarily, have to switch to a non-apple phone.

also, I have reached my daily quota of 'liking' posts. yay.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 2

What I will find endlessly entertaining is, that some of these iphone users/converts on the new plan will be surprised/upset that they permanently lose the $50 plan if they, even if it is only temporarily, have to switch to a non-apple phone.

Now that is a consequence I had not thought about, yet.  Interesting...

• Like 3

Frankly, which device you use should largely be none of the carrier's business

That would be true if, like in Europe and Asia, service and devices were entirely decoupled. If Sprint is involved in subsidizing/financing/leasing the device, that are absolutely going to promote their more profitable products more than other products. (And here, product actually means product+service.)

Businesses routinely claim to "pass on their cost savings" to customers, and this isn't any different. With higher device resale value, lower network impact and higher spending customers, iPhones put more money into Sprint's pockets, so they are passing on some savings to customers. Whether it happens in the form of service discounts, device discount or a $240 Visa Gift Card hardly matters - it's just accounting jugglery at that point.

• Like 5

Businesses routinely claim to "pass on their cost savings" to customers, and this isn't any different. With higher device resale value, lower network impact and higher spending customers, iPhones put more money into Sprint's pockets, so they are passing on some savings to customers. Whether it happens in the form of service discounts, device discount or a $240 Visa Gift Card hardly matters - it's just accounting jugglery at that point.

I would disagree that it hardly matters.

In fact, it probably matters more to sprint, now that they are saddled with a continuing discount instead of a fixed device discount.

Although I would hope the bean counters took this into account and did it anyway, if they didn't they should be fired. Or maybe they didn't have any say in the matter with the new ceo.

I wonder if Apple wouldn't allow Sprint to discount the actual phone so that is why Sprint did the $200 trade in and cheaper service? Sorry for not quoting I like browsing here on mobile but I also dislike tapatalk or whatever.

• Like 1

that could very well be possible (and likely), that apple does not allow carriers to discount devices.

But that would seem counter to pretty much every retail item where the retailer controls the product pricing vs the 'suggested retail price'.

sounds like of like the price fixing apple did on the ebooks market.

I wonder if Apple wouldn't allow Sprint to discount the actual phone so that is why Sprint did the $200 trade in and cheaper service? Sorry for not quoting I like browsing here on mobile but I also dislike tapatalk or whatever.

This!  Apple iPhones are Universally Accepted Pricing during the first few months they are released.  Apple won't allow them to discount the iPhones directly so they are discounting the service, thereby skirting the rules.

This is no different than Bose, or Sony Alpha cameras...

• Like 1

Well I do see that same thing with the Target Apple sales. Most of the time it is gift card offers, rarely is it lower prices. But I was thinking it also has to deal with getting people with IPhone 5's and 4s's to jump to a 6 instead of buying the now even cheaper 5c/5s. It gets them into triband devices, which does help the network. Otherwise you are going to have a bunch of the wait for a penny phone crowd to jump to triband for another 1-2 years. 

I would disagree that it hardly matters.

In fact, it probably matters more to sprint, now that they are saddled with a continuing discount instead of a fixed device discount.

Although I would hope the bean counters took this into account and did it anyway, if they didn't they should be fired. Or maybe they didn't have any say in the matter with the new ceo.

I'm sure that the majority of new iPhone users are leasing.

And I suspect the $10 service discount is aided by Apple in some form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my iPhone 5S on eBay, carrier unlocked by Sprint for International use, for $600.

$600.

Thanks, random Japanese guy. Thank you so, so much.

Yep, Sold my iPhone 5s for 350 within 24 hours. Sold my wife's 16GB 5s in 2 hours for 300. 

The same as before, Sold my wife's and my 4s for 200 each. Sold within a day.  There is a huge market for used iPhones.

Yep, Sold my iPhone 5s for 350 within 24 hours. Sold my wives 16GB 5s in 2 hours for 300.

The same as before, Sold my wives and my 4s for 200 each. Sold within a day. There is a huge market for used iPhones.

There's also a huge market for wives. ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I guess I'm fine with the iPhone plan including non-leased devices because it's only a temporary promotion. If they planned on keeping such a difference permanently, then I might be more annoyed. I think it's probably designed to encourage iPhone users to migrate to the new triband iPhone 6 devices. The sooner we get iPhone users moved to band 41 capable devices, the better.

• Like 2

I see that AT&T has decided to double data for the 15gb and higher plans. What I find funny is that sprint kinda started the data doubling but not one article I've read acknowledged that. Glad to see sprint is making a impact!

• Like 7

I see that AT&T has decided to double data for the 15gb and higher plans. What I find funny is that sprint kinda started the data doubling but not one article I've read acknowledged that. Glad to see sprint is making a impact!

I will enjoy my 30GB of data per month. Thanks Marcelo!!!

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 11