Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The universal profile officially launches November 17th. Google and Sprint have already implemented it and are launching early.

From the release announcement: 

"Today, we’re excited to announce the next step in this initiative with our first carrier launch supporting the new universal RCS profile."

They are using Google's Jibe infrastructure to support RCS communications with the universal profile.

More about the jibe platform here: https://jibe.google.com/jibe-platform/

My phone did a profile update this morning out of the blue.  Possibly linked?

Heads up! It seems like Sprint has enabled RCS to be used in the Google default messenger app since the new update for Nexus and Pixel phones has been prompting some users on Sprint and Project Fi to enable "enhanced features for Messenger". These include things like read receipts and typing indicators.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/11/03/rcs-going-live-google-messenger-users-enabling-enhanced-features-sms/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Great news for Sprint!

Reading through Light Reading's articles about Sprint, I came upon this nugget:

"...CEO Marcelo Claure told an audience of financial analysts in New York City that Sprint Corp. (NYSE: S) is planning to lease a tranche of its spectrum out to potential interested parties "as soon as possible."..."

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/spectrum/sprint-ceo-well-lease-spectrum-as-soon-as-possible/d/d-id/726249

I don't think that this is the sale and lease back of its own spectrum. So who might be interested?

Reading through Light Reading's articles about Sprint, I came upon this nugget:

"...CEO Marcelo Claure told an audience of financial analysts in New York City that Sprint Corp. (NYSE: S) is planning to lease a tranche of its spectrum out to potential interested parties "as soon as possible."..."

http://www.lightreading.com/mobile/spectrum/sprint-ceo-well-lease-spectrum-as-soon-as-possible/d/d-id/726249

I don't think that this is the sale and lease back of its own spectrum. So who might be interested?

That story looks to be from back in September. I think he's just referring to the sale/leaseback notes they put out. 

Masa says Sprint's Network will be better than Verizon's in 2 years.

Check out @WaltBTIG's Tweet: https://twitter.com/WaltBTIG/status/795620472746549249?s=09

Theres going to be a need of coverage expansion ad well or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres going to be a need of coverage expansion we well or something.

I think they could mostly succeed in being "better" if they are able to blanket they're current 1x and 3G coverage with LTE.
  • Like 2

I think they could mostly succeed in being "better" if they are able to blanket they're current 1x and 3G coverage with LTE.

I can agree with that. Id even take just their 3G. Im not sure as to how large their 1X is.

• Like 1

Before it was top 100 markets, now its better period.

If this is the case.. he did say better period. In the next 12 months we should see huge improvements.. crazy expansion on square miles of lte.. a lot more small cells other then new York.. clearing all of there ibez markets for band 26 deployment. The rest of the markets that don't have band 41 should be online. Then optimize and start working on volte

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If this is the case.. he did say better period. In the next 12 months we should see huge improvements.. crazy expansion on square miles of lte.. a lot more small cells other then new York.. clearing all of there ibez markets for band 26 deployment. The rest of the markets that don't have band 41 should be online. Then optimize and start working on volte

Hey you.. Time to wake up. Your dreaming again.. ????????????????

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think the statement is for the existing coverage footprint... not talking about huge expansions here. Not yet.

I think the statement is for the existing coverage footprint... not talking about huge expansions here. Not yet.

He should of added that! Cause it sure sounded like he meant sprints network will be better then verizons period

• Like 2

But i do know what you mean. Even with proper funding lets say 15 billion for expansion. Doing that in 24 months would be very hard

Lol oh Masa. I swear I have a love/hate him. I doubt this will happen (only because of his failed promises in the pass) however it seems Sprint is not a huge burden of SoftBank anymore so maybe Masa will invest more into Sprint.

Also with Sprint partnering with Gilat for sattelite LTE backhaul, that will give sprint to deploy LTE quicker in rural areas.

Sprint doesn't have to add more cell sites to be number 2 depending on which testing organization you are looking at. J.D. Power already lists them as #2 in 5 of 6 markets. The 6th that market includes US Cellular which is listed as the best. Nielsen has sprint as the highest download speeds across the country. In Rootmetric Sprint is 4.4 magic beans behind at&t for 2nd place for national overall. All Sprint has to do is add a few more B41 carriers to the sites they already have up and running to be 2nd. Nokia is just starting to launch 3rd carrier in some markets but they should be at 4 or 5 B41 carriers by now someone needs to put pressure on the software guys.

• Like 1