Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm sure they made great strides but why does RMs claim Sprint's national rating worse this year than last year?

QNyH0YF.png

gN16C0C.png

Looks like everyone else got worse too, except Verizon.

Apparently, verizons small cell roll out is moving at a very fast pace... so, that probably helped them out a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint announces "Better Choice Plans"

Interesting moves on pricing. Data prices drop, but access fees go up slightly.

Should have charged $10 or 15 for access then it would really be something to talk about. Sprint seems to be giving it one way and getting it back another. $10 first 4 $0 after for access fees. Something to scream about leave it that way till the network is done then raise bring back fee.

To many different plans lately trying to find what works. What works for everyone else? Good marketing

Apparently, verizons small cell roll out is moving at a very fast pace... so, that probably helped them out a bunch.

Will need to watch how small cells benefit Sprint. If this is the work of small cells then Sprint should also see significant improvement in the coming months.

Sprint reclaimed title 1H/2016 first place in all categories and outright first place overall in Las Vegas. Impressive with CA can't wait until densification is implemented.

I can't find this report of root's site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find this report of root's site.

The full report is not live yet, but you can still see the results in the table if you scroll down on: http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/las-vegas-nv/2015/2H

See where it says "1st Half 2016" results?

Looks like it was posted prematurely and pulled.

• Like 3

Correct me if I am wrong but sprint doesn't have b26 in Las Vegas. That make the win impressive.

No B26 or 2nd B25 carrier.

It was the first market to be almost fully completely overlaid by ALU 2.5 equipment in 2014 because the old Clear Moto equipment was incompatible.

Next test should be even more impressive as it should be post ATT spectrum swap where Sprint would get 20x20 contiguous PCS spectrum which is good to go for 10 MHz LTE wherever Sprint has LTE available in the area. Any and all LTE devices Sprint ever released will experience the speed bump. 

• Like 8

No B26 or 2nd B25 carrier.

It was the first market to be almost fully completely overlaid by ALU 2.5 equipment in 2014 because the old Clear Moto equipment was incompatible.

Next test should be even more impressive as it should be post ATT spectrum swap where Sprint would get 20x20 contiguous PCS spectrum which is good to go for 10 MHz LTE wherever Sprint has LTE available in the area. Any and all LTE devices Sprint ever released will experience the speed bump. 

Wow. Pretty impressive. Hopefully Sprint can take lessons learned and replicate this performance across the country.

I think that's what Son and Marcelo envision.

• Like 1

So nothing flr phoenix [emoji22]

Phoenix is in a decent PCS spectrum situation right now with the full B block. With CDMA trimming, that should be enough for at least a 10x10 carrier eventually. I believe AT&T and T-Mobile both own parts of the C block in Phoenix area, so a spectrum swap may be a bit more difficult to work out. AJ or Tim may have a better idea of what could happen there.

• Like 1

Phoenix is in a decent PCS spectrum situation right now with the full B block. With CDMA trimming, that should be enough for at least a 10x10 carrier eventually. I believe AT&T and T-Mobile both own parts of the C block in Phoenix area, so a spectrum swap may be a bit more difficult to work out. AJ or Tim may have a better idea of what could happen there.

Thanks for the heads up

Sprint has to split their 30 mhz B block to go for the C5 1905-1910 block from Att to go 10x10.

1895-1905 is tmobile. They have 0 incentive to move from where they're located. Money or other assets will be needed to convince tmobile to move off their c block spectrum which is much more complicated then this deals straight up swaps for continuity.