Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Telesales was always Filipino, and were usually well trained and understandable.

Probably because I had an employee account, tech support was always stateside, and CS was always someone with a southern twang. That didn't seem to help with solving problems a whole lot as it always seems to be their systems that are the problem.

I've called a few times in the past few weeks and the Cs reps all have a strong Phillipino accent. All very nice and easy to understand but likely not a us based call center.

I've had to call Sprint cancellations various times the past few months as I've shifted a number of lines over to other providers.  It's been a while since I've had to do that, and before I always dealt with US call centers for non technical matters I would consider "delicate" (eg, back when they had a "retentions" group).  Every one of my recent calls so far has been routed to that call center in the Philippines (assuming so). They really need to re-train those reps and/or use better directional/noise cancelling mics.   I understand the dialect they use, and the things you can hear them talk about in the background sometimes is not appropriate - IMHO. 

• Like 3

I always make sure I go into corporate owned sprint stores and not authorized resellers. That helps with the cs experience.

Personally I completely agree!

I only go to corporate owned stores. I have gotten the best service at corporate owned stores.

I think every customer service call I've had since I got a new account when I purchased the Aquos Crystal last October has been through an International Call Bank. If technical, I will eventually get handed back stateside.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

There is a special Executive Customer Service number. A friend told me about it a few years ago. All of those calls go to a call center in North Carolina.

I have always gotten great customer service from the call center in NC.

...Probably because I had an employee account, tech support was always stateside, and CS was always someone with a southern twang...

Yup...that is the Executive Customer Service group.

• Like 2

I read that article too. The last paragraph made me think that even though market analysts can be easily biased (thinking of the 2008 recession) they were confident that Sprint and Softbank could pull off an 18 to 24 month phased deployment of their densification plan at $5 billion. 

Thats a lot of money to spend in under 2 years!

• Like 1

That means good stuff for areas like mine, rural central alabama. ...sell the stuff that doesn't propagate well in these areas and install more of the band 25 and 26....even better if they use funds to buy into the low-band auction next year. I am not sure but i think the difference in 600, 700 and 800 would be negligible.

That means good stuff for areas like mine, rural central alabama. ...sell the stuff that doesn't propagate well in these areas and install more of the band 25 and 26....even better if they use funds to buy into the low-band auction next year. I am not sure but i think the difference in 600, 700 and 800 would be negligible.

Just because you feel your area doesn't need 2.5ghz spectrum. Doesn't mean that the company doesn't need it to survive. I strongly disagree with Sprint selling any of their 2.5ghz spectrum. Especially to a competitor that they compete directly against strengthening their competition.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 9

Just because you feel your area doesn't need 2.5ghz spectrum. Doesn't mean that the company doesn't need it to survive. I strongly disagree with Sprint selling any of their 2.5ghz spectrum. Especially to a competitor that they compete directly against strengthening their competition.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I agree indy is night and day betterafter 2.5 started rolling out here.
  • Like 6

That's great, you live in a big city where 2.5 would fair well, but sprint serves more than just big cities, and if they do what some suggest, they will essentially be the cdma version of Tmo. If it doesn't work in my area, what's the point in having it? I will never benefit from 2.5 in my small town. ....it just won't work well here with the tower placement.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I completely agree with tybo. I don't understand why these writers and analysts keep saying Sprint could and/or should sell this spectrum, when once Sprint gets their network plans completed and has at least 15x15 or more of this deployed on all towers without Ericsson managing the network (a suspicion I discussed with someone here offline as to a possible reason for the issues I experienced), then things ought to start getting much much better for Sprint.

If Sprint were to deploy half of that spectrum everywhere, it would take full advantage of LTE Advanced, with a lot more spectrum available for capacity if they were able to take significant business away from AT&T and Verizon. So, to sell that spectrum, any of it actually, would be to sell its future away.

• Like 2

That's great, you live in a big city where 2.5 would fair well, but sprint serves more than just big cities, and if they do what some suggest, they will essentially be the cdma version of Tmo. If it doesn't work in my area, what's the point in having it? I will never benefit from 2.5 in my small town. ....it just won't work well here with the tower placement.

I don't have band 41 in my city but after the experience in Los Angeles proper this past month, I think B41 is more important than ever. My phone 6 stuck to a weak B41 signal more than a weak B25 signal.  I was pulling 5 to 20 megs depending if I was on a clear tower or an ALU equipment at -115 to -125 rsrp.  I have to disagree. Once you experience it, it will change your perception of it. 

As for propagation, i found it to be very adequate.  The only times I really lost B41 was deep in my hotel.  

• Like 2

I live in a big city. Here in Jacksonville Florida ( the largest city in the United States geographically) we didn't have a great indoor experience until Sprint deployed LTE and CDMA in the 800mhz range. Also band 41 is a big help even though it's basically playing hotspot duty. With all three bands enabled Sprint can go toe to toe with any carrier in my city. The same can happen in your city.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

That is bullshit to say you will "never benefit."  You clearly misunderstand the tiered nature of tri band deployment.

Many small towns are becoming rural ghettos.  Those left behind often lack access to good wired broadband or are unable to afford it.  As such, those small town people can be some of the largest consumers of wireless data.

If not now, every small town that Sprint serves needs band 41 deployed in the future.  Get those in range of band 41 off of band 25 and band 26.  Free up band 25 and band 26 for those people on the outskirts of town and on the highways.

That is the tiered nature of tri band deployment.

AJ

• Like 11

As an aside but on a related note, several of the earliest sites to receive band 41 deployment in the Kansas market were at exceedingly rural service areas and truck stops where long haul truckers often park overnight along I-70 and the Kansas Turnpike.

Think about it...

AJ

• Like 1

Band 41 on Sprint worked very well on the few places it showed up for me when I had Sprint. Unfortunately though, I mostly experienced slow speeds on the other bands most of the time.

However, I have no doubt once Sprint gets band 41 out everywhere powered up on most towers and away from Ericsson's poor management, things will get a lot better for Sprint. So these mentions in the media of Sprint selling b41 spectrum is really stupid.

• Like 1

So with the nearest tower being 6.9 miles away, what exactly will band 41 do for me aside from being really nice when i walk around walmart? I'd benefit much more from band 26 LTE....but I'm curious with what's been said here about band 41 being 3 to 5 miles depending on adjustment. ...how will that do me any good at all?

So with the nearest tower being 6.9 miles away, what exactly will band 41 do for me aside from being really nice when i walk around walmart? I'd benefit much more from band 26 LTE....but I'm curious with what's been said here about band 41 being 3 to 5 miles depending on adjustment. ...how will that do me any good at all?

Have you ever thought what happens to band 25/26 when devices are getting shunted off band 25/26 to 41?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4

What happens when there's 10,000 other people that lives within range of that site and thinks like you?

You'll have all those people on band 25/26 when the people closer to the tower which you say is near the Walmart that can be offloaded onto band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Being in a town of less than 5000 people, most who don't use sprint because they think it still sucks, I'm not seeing any slow down on 25/26 and 25 has been deployed here for 2 years. I still have 15mb downloads on 25 after 2 years of it being here. There are only 3 towers in a 25 mile radius around me, we aren't talking a large suburb here

So if it does not benefit you in your home, then you don't think Sprint should do it? Every person who within B41 range in your sector will only improve your B25/26 experience. Sprint should put B41 everywhere, if it can afford it.

Also, B41 works better in rural areas where they crank up the power. It will cover about 75%-80% as far as B25. And with beamforming you can get to 100%. Sprint should rock B41 as far as they can afford.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 10

So if it does not benefit you in your home, then you don't think Sprint should do it? Every person who within B41 range in your sector will only improve your B25/26 experience. Sprint should put B41 everywhere, if it can afford it.

Also, B41 works better in rural areas where they crank up the power. It will cover about 75%-80% as far as B25. And with beamforming you can get to 100%. Sprint should rock B41 as far as they can afford.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

I hope you get a source for the B41 revised rollout.  Also, looks like this site may become quite active again once B41 starts going into full throttle.  :tu:

• Like 2

Being in a town of less than 5000 people, most who don't use sprint because they think it still sucks, I'm not seeing any slow down on 25/26 and 25 has been deployed here for 2 years. I still have 15mb downloads on 25 after 2 years of it being here. There are only 3 towers in a 25 mile radius around me, we aren't talking a large suburb here

I grew up in rural WV (not as rural now and in Shentel's market!) and I agree that 25/26 is more than sufficient for a town of 5000 where maybe Sprint has 10-25% of the market. This is what Shentel is thinking according to their last earning call...B41 for the areas that need it but dual B25's + a B26 should be sufficient until the market grows.

If that's the case then I'm all for it, i guess it'll be wait and see how it works if they deploy it here. I live where there is a chunk of GMO towers, so seeing anything soon is. ..likely not in the stars for me. You guys know i don't bash sprint, and i gladly hand them a nice piece of change each month for my 5 phones and 3 tablets. ....i just want to get as much of a good experience as someone who lives in bham or Montgomery. It gets old when companies like my DSL provider, who is the only broadband provider in my area, happily refuses to give us decent service for the high price they charge...i want to be able to enjoy my cell service in the same manner as i would if i could get fios or charter Cable. Anyone who lives / has lived rurally knows what I'm saying. Seems like we are the last to get the decent stuff, which in turn causes slight resentment for some things that we wait on getting. I never had much resentment for sprint, i just would like them to bring some density to my area. There is a large swath of white in central alabama right where i am.

I've been waiting on a tower that has been live since Feb to be optimized so i can hopefully get rid of the airave I've had since 2008. Anxiety sucks

• Like 1