Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I just noticed, not sure if anyone else did, but Sprint has brought back Unlimited for the family plans. Just thought I'd let everyone know, if you didn't know.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/unlimitedfamily/index.html?INTNAV=ATG:HE:UnlimitedFamily#!/

They had this for 4 months now lol :). When T-Mobile launched their unlimited family plan Sprint did the same

• Like 1

They had this for 4 months now lol :). When T-Mobile launched their unlimited family plan Sprint did the same

Oh.  :realitycheck:  Haha. I now feel like I've been under a rock the whole time.

Any idea if corporate discounts can be applied here?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any idea if corporate discounts can be applied here?

any corporate discount can be to any plan, if it is a family plan. It is off the main line, not the additional lines. I have a credit union discount and love it. It cancels out what I pay for insurance basically :)

any corporate discount can be to any plan, if it is a family plan. It is off the main line, not the additional lines. I have a credit union discount and love it. It cancels out what I pay for insurance basically :)

Not true. Discounts do not apply to the Unlimited iPhone plan, or the unlimited Family plan. There are others, but those are the most common. On Family Share plans the discount comes off the the data bucket, not the main line.
  • Like 1

Not true. Discounts do not apply to the Unlimited iPhone plan, or the unlimited Family plan. There are others, but those are the most common. On Family Share plans the discount comes off the the data bucket, not the main line.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. There would be no reason for me to switch from Framily with my corp discount to the unlimited family plan.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. There would be no reason for me to switch from Framily with my corp discount to the unlimited family plan.

^ this. Its been great seeing all these new plans but non of which let me apply my discounts! 100$ + 20% would be amazing! 

The only reason I'd jump on this and be a deadbeat dad to my "randomly assembled via the Internet" Framily would be because I have two kids who will eventually need one of the 10 lines that are occupied with my Framily.

I'm all for saving money with my 25% corporate discount, but if I have to surrender that for larger per-line savings, it'd be worth it.

I just noticed, not sure if anyone else did, but Sprint has brought back Unlimited for the family plans. Just thought I'd let everyone know, if you didn't know.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/unlimitedfamily/index.html?INTNAV=ATG:HE:UnlimitedFamily#!/

Been on this plan for months now, can't beat $100 unlimited everything for two lines. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5

The only reason I'd jump on this and be a deadbeat dad to my "randomly assembled via the Internet" Framily would be because I have two kids who will eventually need one of the 10 lines that are occupied with my Framily.

I'm all for saving money with my 25% corporate discount, but if I have to surrender that for larger per-line savings, it'd be worth it.

I wonder what spribt's strategy is for framily or if they want to push people off it.

Death by obscurity is good tactic but unless they kill it, it'll live on forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint corporate discounts do not apply to this plan, Cut your bill and half, or the $50 iPhone for life plan

I wonder what spribt's strategy is for framily or if they want to push people off it.

Death by obscurity is good tactic but unless they kill it, it'll live on forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While i was researching plans, I went into a local Sprint store to ask about adding a line to a Framily plan I got a code for online, but they told me I couldn't add a line to a Framily plan, unless I was the main account holder of the original line adding a line to the Framily plan. So essentially it no longer is Framily anymore, but a standard family plan masquerading as "Framily". This is one of very few areas I disagree with Sprint on, as they would better be served transferring Framily plan customers to a custom plan with the same services/same price point, but separate from "Framily", so that the plan can be dissolved completely. Similar to what T-Mobile did on legacy plans prior to "Uncarrier". Offer a great deal, often times better than their current plans, so the company can eliminate those old plans altogether, also making accounting much more streamlined.

This Cut Your Rate in Half offer by Sprint must be an accounting nightmare, or one that might become so, as people call in Sprint with a bunch of different offers their on, etc. Having multiple rate plans makes very little sense to me, better to streamline everything to make it easier on more fair to everyone. Even T-Mobile's "Simple Choice" has become more complex, with more data choices, data stash (which I can imagine as a hassle for some groups to keep track of all that data among multiple users, what they are suing, how much is left, how much gets transferred to the next month, etc.), and even making sure your favorite music service is under "Music Freedom", because if its not, then better watch the data, unless you're on unlimited, then watch to make sure you aren't deprioritized, etc.

The whole wireless pricing scheme is a mess with these different rate plans, and various offers, as its meant to confuse customers into spending more money than they would under a streamlined plan, which I realize. Just that it bothers me when I hear how people are claiming one carrier as being pro-consumer, where the rest apparently are not, according to them.

• Like 2

While i was researching plans, I went into a local Sprint store to ask about adding a line to a Framily plan I got a code for online, but they told me I couldn't add a line to a Framily plan, unless I was the main account holder of the original line adding a line to the Framily plan. So essentially it no longer is Framily anymore, but a standard family plan masquerading as "Framily". This is one of very few areas I disagree with Sprint on, as they would better be served transferring Framily plan customers to a custom plan with the same services/same price point, but separate from "Framily", so that the plan can be dissolved completely. Similar to what T-Mobile did on legacy plans prior to "Uncarrier". Offer a great deal, often times better than their current plans, so the company can eliminate those old plans altogether, also making accounting much more streamlined.

This Cut Your Rate in Half offer by Sprint must be an accounting nightmare, or one that might become so, as people call in Sprint with a bunch of different offers their on, etc. Having multiple rate plans makes very little sense to me, better to streamline everything to make it easier on more fair to everyone. Even T-Mobile's "Simple Choice" has become more complex, with more data choices, data stash (which I can imagine as a hassle for some groups to keep track of all that data among multiple users, what they are suing, how much is left, how much gets transferred to the next month, etc.), and even making sure your favorite music service is under "Music Freedom", because if its not, then better watch the data, unless you're on unlimited, then watch to make sure you aren't deprioritized, etc.

The whole wireless pricing scheme is a mess with these different rate plans, and various offers, as its meant to confuse customers into spending more money than they would under a streamlined plan, which I realize. Just that it bothers me when I hear how people are claiming one carrier as being pro-consumer, where the rest apparently are not, according to them.

I lost 4 Framily members last week. Posted on Redit and Framilylist, bam we are back at 10. Correct me if I'm wrong but new customers can still join any Framily. Seem to be the case because I added 4 members in 1 day.

• Like 2

I'm glad you got back up to 10. This was what I was told by the Sprint saleslady.

I'm going to look into this, as it would have saved money for me if they would have done this for me, as I had a valid code.

If they lied/misinformed me, I'll cancel. This doesn't make me happy at all, as I'm on social security and have to watch spending because of it.

I lost 4 Framily members last week. Posted on Redit and Framilylist, bam we are back at 10. Correct me if I'm wrong but new customers can still join any Framily. Seem to be the case because I added 4 members in 1 day.

bucdenny,

Were these people added into your account people you added directly, or set up under your account directly?

I just called the local Sprint store, which they said that you can add people to your Framily account, but they'd be lines under your account, rather than adds on a separate account using a code, which they claim isn't good.

The whole thing bothers me alot, and is causing me to start thinking of switching out. I had the stressful situation regarding my device, having to go out nearly an hour away just to get a device exchange, when there is a store 15 minutes away I could have gone to, if their manager wasn't such a jerk. I'm on social security with major medical expenses, due to a terminal neuropathy, and am in such bad shape I'm a member of a rtd organization. Spending $200 on a device I could have saved on a plan I was told I couldn't have, is a major deal to me, just as this device issue was, and really hate both the expense and inconvenience of the matter, especially since it was not necessary.

I have been on a Family plan for maybe 10 months now. All members get an email when someone has left or joined your Family. In the past 6 months 2 lines have left our Family and went from 10 down to 8. However someone got more lines to be added and now it's back to 10. And the lines were added in the past few months. So it is possible.
  • Like 1

I have been on a Family plan for maybe 10 months now. All members get an email when someone has left or joined your Family. In the past 6 months 2 lines have left our Family and went from 10 down to 8. However someone got more lines to be added and now it's back to 10. And the lines were added in the past few months. So it is possible.

mnjeepmale

Well, that answers it.

Thank you for the information. Hopefully it is working that way, as Framily is a great offer. Looks as I'm going to cancel service though.

Sprint corporate discounts do not apply to this plan, Cut your bill and half, or the $50 iPhone for life plan

I forget, that the new family plans are different, I am on a old school plan and I get a discount. I will never leave the plan, it is better then any new plans that are out right now

bucdenny,

Were these people added into your account people you added directly, or set up under your account directly?

I just called the local Sprint store, which they said that you can add people to your Framily account, but they'd be lines under your account, rather than adds on a separate account using a code, which they claim isn't good.

The whole thing bothers me alot, and is causing me to start thinking of switching out. I had the stressful situation regarding my device, having to go out nearly an hour away just to get a device exchange, when there is a store 15 minutes away I could have gone to, if their manager wasn't such a jerk. I'm on social security with major medical expenses, due to a terminal neuropathy, and am in such bad shape I'm a member of a rtd organization. Spending $200 on a device I could have saved on a plan I was told I couldn't have, is a major deal to me, just as this device issue was, and really hate both the expense and inconvenience of the matter, especially since it was not necessary.

My account only has 2 lines.  Hopefully this answers your question.  The 4 lines that filled will most likely be from Redit and Framilylist because I lost 4 members not within my account for near 2 weeks.  Once I had posted, 4 added immediately within 24 hours.

My account only has 2 lines.  Hopefully this answers your question.  The 4 lines that filled will most likely be from Redit and Framilylist because I lost 4 members not within my account for near 2 weeks.  Once I had posted, 4 added immediately within 24 hours.

bucdenny, I believe you, I had been given the wrong information from Sprint, and I posted it thinking from confidence they were telling me the truth, when they were not. I hold the information here on S4GRU highly, and am grateful for the help I've received from here.

Here is the deal with me, as I'm a very open and honest person, and have no issues admitting where/when I'm wrong about something, as I've done here and am rethinking my whole outlook of the congestion/data speed cap issue I've talked about on another thread, since I've received more correct information about it. I believe people ought to admit when they are wrong, and do whatever it takes to make amends when their use of that wrong information has hurt and/or cost someone else.

I've called the Sprint store about this, and was told by the supervisor that the people here are correct. I wasn't necessarily looking for confirmation on the issue from them, but rather some form of account compensation for it, as I've paid $200 needlessly, when I could have got onto a Framily account account instead. As this supervisor was unable to help, likely because its at a store level, I decided to call my mother and tell her about this, which she is going to call Sprint and give them an opportunity to rectify the situation. If they do not, then we will cancel the service, as the $200 is a big deal to us, not just an issue of moral/ethical principle. I'm not here to whine on morals and ethics, as I'd end up being attacked for it if I did so elsewhere (people here are more civilized than most other places online), and don't want to do so here, out of respect for people here who like Sprint.

I'm not bashing Sprint for it, despite my being very upset at the company. I'm just writing about the situation to be informed and to inform others of my situation and my predicament as to why I don't just deal with the loss. I've written about my health here a few times, as I've had my health situation already well documented in the media, due to my affiliation with an rtd organization in the past. I'm very open about it and about my struggles, which this $200 is a very hard thing to lose when it wasn't something needed in the first place, not when I could have been paying $45 monthly for unlimited service and $25 monthly for the device over time, rather than all at once. Since I was told that I could not get Framily, despite my having a working code for it, I had to search out for the next least expensive option, which was a two-year contract on the Sprint Employee Referral site, the Unlimited My Way plan.

For people who might be thinking why I need an unlimited plan when I have medical expenses causing financial issues, I need to have it for all the medical research I do for my health, which I do while out to appointments, etc, along with a reliable backup for the home internet (not abuse, but internet research), in case of problems with my home internet, as AT&T Uverse often has. I can't be without the emergency contact, both data and voice, which is another reason for having unlimited, as it allows me not to worry about data caps in case of need for it. Although, if I leave Sprint, I might be able to manage on Verizon's 15gb promotional plan, with discount, as that is the only workable alternative I can think of atm, since T-Mobile is not reliable for me where I live.

I really don't know why you're complaining that you couldn't scam your way into a framily plan. The code sharing was likely one of the main reason that the plan was discontinued in the first place. It was intended for friends and family, hence the name.

I don't know how others are doing it, but I asked about this in the past and I was told the only way to get new accounts on an existing framily was to add a line on some ones account under framily and then do a transfer of liability to make the new account.

If money is so tight, you could have easily picked a cheaper device with a cheaper plan option. Framily probably wouldn't be a good idea for some one in your position anyway. If you got dumped, could you handle your bill going up by $30 unexpectedly?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really don't know why you're complaining that you couldn't scam your way into a framily plan. The code sharing was likely one of the main reason that the plan was discontinued in the first place. It was intended for friends and family, hence the name.

I don't know how others are doing it, but I asked about this in the past and I was told the only way to get new accounts on an existing framily was to add a line on some ones account under framily and then do a transfer of liability to make the new account.

If money is so tight, you could have easily picked a cheaper device with a cheaper plan option. Framily probably wouldn't be a good idea for some one in your position anyway. If you got dumped, could you handle your bill going up by $30 unexpectedly?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It isn't a scam when there are websites actively promoting people sharing their codes with others outside their immediate family and friends, which I assume largely is based from Sprint's advertising of the plan, using people who clearly are not family nor friends just looking at the example of who they used in the ads. Sprint could have made the plan more restrictive to family and friends only, by using a more tightly controlled system of verification than simply a code. Sprint knew what they were doing and wanted people to use it freely to drum up more business for the company. The name itself certainly would indicate family and friends, but isn't matched by their advertisements, which is what really matters to both Sprint and its customers, in terms of meaning who the plan is for, etc..

I would never accuse someone of scamming, and I resent being accused of it, especially as I'm very honest about myself, and have nothing to hide about my reasons for doing things. However, I do believe you about your experience talking with Sprint, especially as the company seems to like telling their customers different things regarding what they are looking for, interested in, and wanting done. Sprint certainly isn't the only company that does this, I know, but seeing as we are talking about Sprint, this is a point needed to be made, as clearly indicated by the different results people are getting when talking with Sprint.

Although you may be right on the issue of a sudden increase in the cost if someone left the framily group, which at that point I'd need to consider switching if that happened. However, with the Framily plan I wouldn't have had to put out $200 upfront for the device, and I would not have been stuck in a contract, granted right now I'm still within the 14 day trial period, and am going to take advantage of it, since Sprint retentions wouldn't do anything about this, other than they tried convincing my mother the framily plan (with the discounts) would be more money, even though it is the same monthly cost, less the $200 upfront fee for the device. They wouldn't even acknowledge the issue regarding the original device problem that made us have to drive almost an hour away for something we really should have been able to get nearby. To go along with it, there is an issue with an expired display at the local store we had gone to prior to signing up for service, which mentioned getting a $50 Google Play credit that is no longer being offered and apparently wasn't even at the time we were in the store. The salesperson at the time never even mention it being expired, despite I was talking with him about how I'd use the credit for Google Play All Access Music.

Look, I hope the best for Sprint and am not here bashing the company, etc., only telling of my experience with them today. To make matters worse, even though my mother hasn't cancelled the service yet, my device suddenly does not have any internet access, no bars of service whatsoever. Only an exclamation point next to where the bars should be. I tried updating the prl and the config in the SprintDM section under options, but to no avail. I have a legitimate issue with them which seems to be getting worse, and it is very sad this is happening, despite my support of Sprint for a long time. I did appreciate the person I spoke with at the store when I called about the framily issue earlier, being nice to me on the phone, and I spoke well to him also, didn't yell or anything, so my issue isn't with them being mean to me, just very unorganized with what they tell customers based on a lack of knowledge/instruction from corporate, that I tie in with corporate not having enough influence/action of their own stores.

Anyways, despite this, I still support S4GRU and the information/community here and want nothing but the best for this site. I'm not some scamming troll who disregards the good because of a problem then makes it everyone's fault because they are angry. I will acknowledge the good and the bad when appropriate, as I've done here. Also, I appreciate the ideas given to me here of alternatives, which would be good if I didn't use so much data. As it is, I'd need to make sacrifices in order to meet the expensive Verizon 15gb data plan, despite discounts, just to afford it and meet the data quota, not going over it at all. My mother doesn't seem to thrilled by the Verizon idea, so I may have to test drive T-Mobile and hope that the information I've heard regarding the quality difference between that and MetroPCS are true enough, if the problem I had before with MetroPCS were more to do with the limitations of the service with them, rather than the T-Mobile network itself. Although at this point, I'd rather go with Verizon, but I may not have much choice.

Your posts are very long and hard to get through. From what I gather you are on unlimited my way and purchased a $200 subsidy discounted phone, nexus 6 I think it was. You could have went with the $50 (iPhone) or $60 unlimited plan and either bought a much cheaper phone on easy pay or leased one with no down payment.

On the extreme end, you could have gotten the sharp aquos crystal for $5 a month on easy pay since it was on sale and pay $1560 over two years vs $2120 on unlimited my way with that nexus 6. Or you could have leased an iPhone 6 for a total two year cost of $1680 with $0 down up front.

You could have also went with a much cheaper mvno on Sprint such as boost, virgin, republic etc. Something to keep in mind, if you do manage to switch to framily you will pay an extra $15 a month service charge for having that subsidized phone on a non subsidy plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2