Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Here, at long last, is third carrier in DC:

http://imgur.com/F5H0zG5

And here's a capture of what I assume is a COW:

http://imgur.com/z56lfwo

Additionally, here's the gear for AT&T and Verizon that I spotted.

http://imgur.com/3FWr97U

http://imgur.com/1lP0SR7

In the second photo, you can see half of the AT&T logo at the bottom left.  I believe the antenna on the roof of the building to be Verizon.

- Trip

• Like 8

So sexy!!! Did you do a speed test?

No, I don't do speed tests.  I am on a 3GB plan shared with my wife, so I can't be wasting data on them.  I don't even have a speed test app on my phone.

- Trip

• Like 1

I'm still a little skeptical but I have faith!!!

I understand that one. A newspaper in my area put out a article March 2016, claiming would have small cells Deployed by summer 2016. That never happened. It's very disappointing. Hope 2017 proofs to be the opposite.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I'm still a little skeptical but I have faith!!!

This release is designed to soften the blowback for the upcoming earnings call on Jan. 31st.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-fiscal-2016-third-quarter-results-announcement.htm

I understand that one. A newspaper in my area put out a article March 2016, claiming would have small cells Deployed by summer 2016. That never happened. It's very disappointing. Hope 2017 proofs to be the opposite.

That twin cities article also said there were 30 already live. If you found 0 then that just means they are hard to spot. They could look like a book attached to a light pole with 2 wires coming out of the book.
  • Like 1

That twin cities article also said there were 30 already live. If you found 0 then that just means they are hard to spot. They could look like a book attached to a light pole with 2 wires coming out of the book.

Yes that is true. It said Minneapolis. Didn't really say surrounding areas

This release is designed to soften the blowback for the upcoming earnings call on Jan. 31st.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-corporation-schedules-fiscal-2016-third-quarter-results-announcement.htm

The management team presented these trials as a roll out and dodge the why is CAPEX so low question. If they didn't violate FTC rules, they came very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gunther Ottendorfer (COO of Technology) made this announcement on the Sprint Subreddit:

Some AMA updates!

...and next. As several of you have asked for, we now include our 800 MHz spectrum coverage in our map footprint to help customers better see our complete tri-band LTE Plus experience. Have a look! 

Also, I mentioned in my last AMA that we were working on getting LTE roaming for the Google Pixel. That’s now done and I’m happy to share that our Pixel customers can now use data and voice roaming domestically and internationally.

Anyone notice anything different on the Map? It says: "Coverage updated on: 1/6/17"

The management team presented these trials as a roll out and dodge the why is CAPEX so low question. If they didn't violate FTC rules, they came very close.

Capex in 2016 was lower cause of small cell delays.

Gunther Ottendorfer (COO of Technology) made this announcement on the Sprint Subreddit:

Some AMA updates!

Anyone notice anything different on the Map? It says: "Coverage updated on: 1/6/17"

The LTE footprint on the map is a little bigger, at least for the Missouri market. Previously LTE stopped well short of the 3G coverage underneath, but now is closer to matching the 3G footprint. I'm not seeing any differences in the Kansas market, those are really the only two that I know well enough to see the differences.

• Like 2

Capex in 2016 was lower cause of small cell delays.

Go back and listen to the quarterly reports. They said again and again that the new network cost less and that was why CAPEX was lowered. Only in the last one did they change their story and they continued to mislead people on the subject of their small cell roll out.

• Like 2

Go back and listen to the quarterly reports. They said again and again that the new network cost less and that was why CAPEX was lowered. Only in the last one did they change their story and they continued to mislead people on the subject of their small cell roll out.

Sprint is just full of excuses. Their network doesn't cost less. They will be expected to expand coverage at some point.

• Like 2

Some AMA updates!

I wonder if Sprint also turned on LTE roaming for other unlocked phones (Moto G4, Moto X, Nexus 6/5x/6P)? Not adding LTE roaming support for devices that have the ability to do so would be a very "Sprint" thing to do at this point.

But then again, Sprint does seem to neglect support for BYOD devices more so than their competitors. Everytime I call Sprint to switch between my Nexus and iPhone, I am always told the Nexus isn't supported and that I am eligible for an upgrade (drives me insane!). It usually takes a supervisor to get the device activated again. Why can't they just allow a simple SIM swap??? It's possible with the new SIM kits. This added later of having to call and deal with customer service is a waste of my time and their money.

(Before I am bombarded with "you should do it online" comments, I can't. Everytime I try to activate a phone I automatically get a page telling me to start a chat. It won't even let me attempt to choose from old phones or enter an MEID. Sprint's customer service has really gone to shit and their website only got cosmetic upgrades, not functionality upgrades)

• Like 4

(Before I am bombarded with "you should do it online" comments, I can't. Everytime I try to activate a phone I automatically get a page telling me to start a chat. It won't even let me attempt to choose from old phones or enter an MEID. Sprint's customer service has really gone to shit and their website only got cosmetic upgrades, not functionality upgrades)

Must be something with your account, because I've been able to add my mom's new iPhone, my brother's phone and my phone in the last few months no problem online. All are BYOD in the sense that I did not buy them from Sprint, though they are designated Sprint devices.

Must be something with your account, because I've been able to add my mom's new iPhone, my brother's phone and my phone in the last few months no problem online. All are BYOD in the sense that I did not buy them from Sprint, though they are designated Sprint devices.

I haven't been able to successfully activate/swap a phone online in over 2 years. It fails every single time. What's worse though is that almost every manual activation I've had done has resulted in TEP being fraudulently added to my lines. No, I don't need or want $11/mo insurance on a 5-year-old flip phone that's temporarily replacing a relative's broken smartphone.

• Like 2

I wonder if Sprint also turned on LTE roaming for other unlocked phones (Moto G4, Moto X, Nexus 6/5x/6P)? Not adding LTE roaming support for devices that have the ability to do so would be a very "Sprint" thing to do at this point.

But then again, Sprint does seem to neglect support for BYOD devices more so than their competitors. Everytime I call Sprint to switch between my Nexus and iPhone, I am always told the Nexus isn't supported and that I am eligible for an upgrade (drives me insane!). It usually takes a supervisor to get the device activated again. Why can't they just allow a simple SIM swap??? It's possible with the new SIM kits. This added later of having to call and deal with customer service is a waste of my time and their money.

Some of my observations regarding Sprint. Granted, my experiences with Sprint nowadays are much less than they use to be, and even my reading reports/reviews from people regarding are not as much either, but from what I've heard its still quite bad, or at best, just okay. While I haven't seen the groups of "Fabian Cortez-like" T-Mobile cult members for quite some time online bashing Sprint on comments sections of anti-Sptint articles on sites such as Fierce and BGR, I've still managed to see some negativity written ftom Sprint.

My conclusion from reading those, and along with the more fair and dependable, optimistic, yet still honest reporting regarding Sprint, is that while Sprint has built an excellent new backhaul system for its Network Vision project, Sprint stopped short not fully completing it, and not fulfilling the extra phases and/or additional co-projects needed to realize its full potential.

From my understanding of this, is that Sprint has while Sprint cokpleted the bachaul portion of Network Vision project, many of the sites are atill stuck running older Clear equipment not capable of working with newer radio equipment, nor can it work with some of newer LTE technologies present on the Sprint sites that have the newer radio equipment, which to further the problem for Sprint, is that many of the Sprint sites do not have this equipment.

Therefore, many of the sites do not have the newer LTE technologies, just basic LTE. Sprint not only needs to upgrade the Clear towers with Sprint equipment, but also upgrade them, along with many non-upgraded Sprint sites, to have the newer radio equipment, and updated with the newer LTE technologies. Then Sprint has the issue of needing to add thousands of towers not necessarily for expanded coverage, but for optimum coverage using its rich site density - demanding 2.5ghz Band 41 spectrum also with meeting the demand for better indoor coverage.

Finally, Sprint definitely needs to make major improvements to customer service. From what I've read online, it seems really bad. However, and again it has been awhile since I've been in the corporately operated Sprint stores, but at least based on the in-store experiences I had some time ago, I knew that was an area of improvement Sprint desperately needed to make, it was very bad!

This Qualcomm issue though makes me somewhat sympathetic towards Sprint, with the demands Qualcomm alledgedly made to Apple keeping the iPhone from having WiMax, which dealt a blow to the technology, for sure. If it gets revealed that Qualcomm had done the same/similar action towards other manufacturers, then that certainly played a huge role in the demise of WiMax, resulting in huge losses for Sprint, who invested so much wasted money and time into WiMax, while completely unaware of this sabotage. This certainly put Sprint in a very financially difficult podition for Sprint to be in.

If Qualcomm is discovered to have done this, hopefully Sprint will be able to collect a big enough compensation to make up for their losses and help to escalate quickly a vast deployment of its techological necessities, in order to rapidly progress towards a complete recovery.

• Like 2