Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The snapdragon 835 supports 4xCA downlink and 2xCA uplink.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dam. I'm Interested to see what Sprint Carrier aggregation new devices supports. We know B41 and 25+25. Will be interesting to see if possible it will support B41+25 this time around. That has been talked about.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Dam. I'm Interested to see what Sprint Carrier aggregation new devices supports. We know B41 and 25+25. Will be interesting to see if possible it will support B41+25 this time around. That has been talked about.

With HPUE, B41+B25 will not be something anyone wants anymore. HPUE will bring B41 coverage to 99% of B25, so why aggregate B41 with a 5 or 10 mhz B25 FDD carrier when you can aggregate it with up to 5 other 20 mhz B41 TDD carriers?

Picked up this Carrier in DC.

Possibly the third carrier. I was near national mall going towards DuPont

https://www.dropbox.com/s/il1s1f3kf67s446/Photo%20Jan%2018%2C%202%2033%2005%20PM%20%281%29.png?dl=0

Is it only older iPhones that show bandwidth on the field test?

With HPUE, B41+B25 will not be something anyone wants anymore. HPUE will bring B41 coverage to 99% of B25, so why aggregate B41 with a 5 or 10 mhz B25 FDD carrier when you can aggregate it with up to 5 other 20 mhz B41 TDD carriers?

I agree but, their are no plans to rollout in more carriers in 2017.

I agree but, their are no plans to rollout in more carriers in 2017.

I proved that wrong a few pages back...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I'm confused cause, you say their will be while David K says their will not be a 4th carrier rollout like the 3rd carrier rollout.

I'm confused cause, you say their will be while David K says their will not be a 4th carrier rollout like the 3rd carrier rollout.

As far as I know they're both right. Tim is saying that additional carriers will be deployed this year and David is saying that they will not be deployed in the same "every single site gets it" manner that carriers 1-3 have been.

Which lines up with the most recent plans I've heard about; going forward the "default" number of carriers for all sites will be 3, but individual sites will get more (up to 6 total) if they are overloaded. There will be no mass nationwide rollout of 4th+ carriers unless plans change. But they are testing 4th carrier for overloaded sites that need it.

• Like 3

What are the additional equipment/costs involved in deploying additional carriers to a tower site?

For 3xCA, my understanding is that it's a software upgrade to the site. (However, I don't believe the Clearwire equipment is capable of 3xCA though, right?)

For additional carriers, it's a combination of additional hardware and software?

What are the additional equipment/costs involved in deploying additional carriers to a tower site?

For 3xCA, my understanding is that it's a software upgrade to the site. (However, I don't believe the Clearwire equipment is capable of 3xCA though, right?)

For additional carriers, it's a combination of additional hardware and software?

From my understanding clear sites can not until swapped to Sprint equipment. Sprint has around dozen clearwire sites in my area but, will stay that way for a while. Which sucks cause one of them is on a busy Freeway.

The reason they're not doing carriers 4+ on all sites is backhaul cost. 8T8Rs can do all 6 with just software updates.

Even with 8T8Rs it still requires backhaul?

They need to upgrade backhaul in the same way you can upgrade bandwith tiers at your house. No additional fiber is required though.

Well sure you could activate 6 carriers without increasing backhaul, but what would be the point of that?

I think I may have misunderstood the question. No *new* backhaul connection is needed, as the vast majority of sites have a scalable connection. So they can change from a 500Mbps contract to a 1Gbps contract using the same equipment.

• Like 3

Lets say you have a 500Mbps connection (most have higher). You're already sharing that with 9 B41 carriers (3 carriers / 3 sectors). Up that to 6 carriers/sector and you've got 18 B41 carriers to support. Assuming equal load balancing (1 connection per carrier), that reduces your possible throughput to ~27Mbps per carrier. To be fully effective, each carrier should have full support from the backhaul, which would require a roughly 1.5Gbps connection. And that's not considering the B25/26 and 1x/EVDO connections. 

No, backhaul equal to 100 percent of maximum airlink capacity for multiple carriers across multiple sectors is not needed "to be fully effective."  All carriers and all sectors running at full bore simultaneously never happens.  Never, not even close.  Provisioning backhaul at the 50 percent level for aggregate airlink capacity should be more than adequate.

AJ

• Like 1

No, backhaul equal to 100 percent of maximum airlink capacity for multiple carriers across multiple sectors is not needed "to be fully effective."  All carriers and all sectors running at full bore simultaneously never happens.  Never, not even close.  Provisioning backhaul at the 50 percent level for aggregate airlink capacity should be more than adequate.

AJ

I was assuming running at full capacity balanced across all carriers, which I know is not a realistic situation, but was just attempting to make a point to answer a question. 

Courtesy of the T-Mobile subreddit, here is a Sprint COW setup for inauguration. Poster mistakenly identified it as T-Mobile, but T-Mobile is nowhere to be found.

https://i.imgur.com/1C5VTCb.jpg

Rest of the setup including AT&T/Verizon bulb antennas http://imgur.com/a/xwOZk

The one with the blue united rentals under it is Sprint?