Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I was using hands free Bluetooth through my car stereo on an AT&T call. And my boss yelled at me to get off Bluetooth because he could hardly understand me. I switched to the handset and he said it was no better. That's AT&T here. Awful voice quality. And Verizon is not much better. I can't wait for HD Voice and/or VoLTE.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

Your boss has a wicked temper lol. Didn't he just throw a Note 3 against the wall a few weeks ago?

I think Bluetooth 4.0 has some serious issues that have yet to be addressed in AOSP. I used to get the same complaint about the voice quality using the dealer installed Blu Logic system in my car. Turning off WiFi when on calls fixes the issue or setting the WiFi Frequency band to 5 GHz helped somewhat. That poor quality is still an issue with my Nexus 5 and Moto X (2013) though. The OnePlus One (Bluetooth 4.1) I scored seems OK though. Maybe it's just the POS Blu Logic lol...

I seriously hope HD/VoLTE helps in some way though.

Edited by MkVsTheWorld
  • Like 2

Your boss has a wicked temper lol. Didn't he just throw a Note 3 against the wall a few weeks ago?

Same guy. :)

He's good to people. But not good with tools.

I was with a co-worker who has AT&T and he put his call on speakerphone and it sounded like a mix of whale calls and screaming cats in an echo chamber.

Welcome to HEL&L.

AJ

• Like 2

I was using hands free Bluetooth through my car stereo on an AT&T call. And my boss yelled at me to get off Bluetooth because he could hardly understand me. I switched to the handset and he said it was no better. That's AT&T here. Awful voice quality. And Verizon is not much better. I can't wait for HD Voice and/or VoLTE.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

Sprint has by far the best quality for calls, I was never impressed with AT&T or Verizon when I had them.

• Like 1

I haven't read this thread in almost a week, the whole Root Metrics report and everything I'm reading just puts a huge smile on my face!

I love how much Sprint has progressed, in fact the proof becomes more and more obvious. I went to an Irish inn/restaurant in Green Bay this last weekend. I was the only one on Sprint while three other people who were with me all have Verizon and guess what...

I was happily camped on Band 26 with -110 dbm pulling about 2-3 mbps, while ALL 3 of my Verizon peeps were at 3G and getting pissed off because they couldn't use their phones!!  :D  :D  :D

And since Green Bay doesn't have "all" the towers completed, it's only going to get better and stronger! 

I love this. I've been waiting for these days to go HA! Verizon isn't all THAT great, huh?  B)

• Like 14

Has root metrics done any test in Saint Louis voice quality is good and data is so much better. It seems like sprint has a lot of customers in the Saint Louis Market.. Also a lot of 800 sites along with most of clear sites completed

Sprint is heavy on the promotion wheel with their commercials. I like I like. It makes me wonder if Marcelo would have took the wheel of sprint 2 years ago how different would sprint be now? But I believe everything happens for a reason.

I also see that AT&T took a page from sprint by using a popular song in their commercial to promote that they have the nations strongest LTE signal.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Edited by derrph

Has root metrics done any test in Saint Louis voice quality is good and data is so much better. It seems like sprint has a lot of customers in the Saint Louis Market.. Also a lot of 800 sites along with most of clear sites completed

We've come a really long way, for sure. But TMO, VZW, and AT&T is still better in the STL market, especially in highly congested areas.

Give it time and we'll be there, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/st-louis-mo

The market overall isn't that bad, but there are more and more trouble spots popping up. There is also no widespread band 41 in the metro east, but deployment is going steady. I'm an O'Fallon IL resident when I'm not away at school.

Zero complaints with voice quality on sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tossing my two cents in here...

The voice quality of Sprint has been one of the company's strongest assets over the years.

Besides the Unlimited data, the voice quality is one of the reasons that I have continued to stick with Sprint.

I also agree that AT&T has crappy voice quality. My boss has an iPhone on AT&T, and frequently her calls drop or are garbled. Also, when I had a company owned Blackberry, it was on AT&T, and while the data seemed to be fine, the voice quality was crappy... I never had any dropped calls, but every call sounded tinny and some calls were garbled.

• Like 1

Been a spectator in the forum for years..  Finally thinking of making the leap to Sprint.  Tried the Half Price Event on Sprint.com and even with a proper downloaded .pdf bill all I get is: "Uh oh! We're having trouble reading your bill. Please visit a Sprint Store."

I'm reluctant to turn in my phones from another carrier (something evil, and perhaps having to do with bells) in case it just doesn't work out.  Anyone in the Cleveland area able to vouch for my leap of faith? 

Been a spectator in the forum for years.. Finally thinking of making the leap to Sprint. Tried the Half Price Event on Sprint.com and even with a proper downloaded .pdf bill all I get is: "Uh oh! We're having trouble reading your bill. Please visit a Sprint Store."

I'm reluctant to turn in my phones from another carrier (something evil, and perhaps having to do with bells) in case it just doesn't work out. Anyone in the Cleveland area able to vouch for my leap of faith?

I'm not from Cleveland, but the RootMetrics show Sprint as pretty good and getting better everyday:

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/cleveland-oh

• Like 2

Been a spectator in the forum for years.. Finally thinking of making the leap to Sprint. Tried the Half Price Event on Sprint.com and even with a proper downloaded .pdf bill all I get is: "Uh oh! We're having trouble reading your bill. Please visit a Sprint Store."

I'm reluctant to turn in my phones from another carrier (something evil, and perhaps having to do with bells) in case it just doesn't work out. Anyone in the Cleveland area able to vouch for my leap of faith?

Sprint stores have been told to hold the traded in devices for 14 days in case customers change their minds.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I hope when the network is more competitive, Sprint makes a huge push to put CA-capable tri-band devices in the hands of influential tech press and let them take the network for a more accurate spin.

I honestly do not consider half the neckbeard bloggers influential in the least bit way. Perhaps some of the key folks at Root Metrics or such stand higher on my list to be honest.

Depends where these guys are reviewing the service. What if they are in SF? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sprint is pretty weak there. I'm in NJ. You wouldn't want to give a guy a review unit here especially if they are used to VZW. Just check out that one guy who reviews for Phonescoop. He's from North Jersey and I can't remember the last time he had something positive to say. To be fair you can't really blame him. Sprint fell behind and hasn't kept up here. It's better but that isn't enough anymore. Honestly though, some of these guys will never come around. It's part of who they are at this point. 

I grew up in North Jersey, and while Sprint wasn't perfect, it was not crap either.

The biggest problem with that market is coverage inbuilding. It's just tough getting sites up, and there is a serious need for new cell sites to fill some of the gaps.

As others are saying, Sprints strongest aspect is certainly the call quality. Maybe they should advertise that. Especially for people who use their phones for business.

The reason we originally left AT&T was because every call was a dropped call. And thats after "roboting" where the voice sounded like a robot built in 1992.

• Like 1

I honestly do not consider half the neckbeard bloggers influential in the least bit way. Perhaps some of the key folks at Root Metrics or such stand higher on my list to be honest.

I would think that Root Metrics would like to keep their objectivity in measuring the network. Bloggers, neckbeards or not, still push CW. And currently, the story is that Sprint sucks.

As others are saying, Sprints strongest aspect is certainly the call quality. Maybe they should advertise that. Especially for people who use their phones for business.

I think they tried that already:

SprintPinDrop.jpg

What's Candice Bergen doing these days?

• Like 2

With all but two sprint sites live on lte 1900 and about 20-30 live clear band 41 sites it's about time a sprint city showed some competitiveness.

The need to retest Modesto next which has not only most clear sites active along with sprint but also lte 800 and sprint 2.5!

Edit: Also gotta love this..

T-mobiles getting congested and Sprints B41 is surging ahead. Finally an area where people have more than 4 choices for a carrier! Competition!

I love the blocked call percentage increase more than anything else. 

Data speeds and great, and key for consumers, but the ability to make, receive, and sustain a call shouldn't be forgotten.

I would think that Root Metrics would like to keep their objectivity in measuring the network. Bloggers, neckbeards or not, still push CW. And currently, the story is that Sprint sucks.

My point is that Root Metrics is objective, to a fault even. Not many outlets out there are.

• Like 2