sbolen

iPhone 6 omnibus thread

If I may inquire, how? I'd love to send my wife's s5 back - about 40 days in.

I tweeted Sprint Care and got the run around, then tweeted Marcelo Claure and someone from the Sprint Executive offices got in touch with me. Mine was only 3 days beyond the 14 days on initial contact. Took a few days to work out the details. Conference called into telesales today with someone and got it ordered. 4-6 weeks

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

• Like 1

I just chatted with order support and the guy told me that my order "just completed processing". asked if there's any chance that I'll receive it on Friday and he said "I can't confirm because I don't have a tracking number yet, but I wouldn't rule that out". :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just chatted with order support and the guy told me that my order "just completed processing". asked if there's any chance that I'll receive it on Friday and he said "I can't confirm because I don't have a tracking number yet, but I wouldn't rule that out". :D

I'm assuming a standard 6?

I'm assuming a standard 6?

16GB 6+ ordered at 3:10AM.

the order status page still says 4-6 weeks, however.

• Like 1

Really... Hmmm that could make my day.

I just called and they said zilch. Ordered my Monday night (last night)

She was very nice - but stated none arrived and my order is set for 6 weeks minimum

So hopefully your person had better details - ha.

I just called and they said zilch. Ordered my Monday night (last night)

She was very nice - but stated none arrived and my order is set for 6 weeks minimum

So hopefully your person had better details - ha.

I opened the chat from the order status page, just in case you went to a different department. Also just might've been the order time.

6 weeks minimum?? that's terrible... so much for "preorder".

If I remember correctly...last year the 4-6 week orders started showing up sooner rather than later. But I have no support for that claim.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

I opened the chat from the order status page, just in case you went to a different department. Also just might've been the order time.

6 weeks minimum?? that's terrible... so much for "preorder".

When did you order?

When did you order?

3:10AM on the 12th (about 5 minutes after sprint preorders opened)

3:10AM on the 12th (about 5 minutes after sprint preorders opened)

Ahhh - I thought you said you ordered today. My bad.

I did order a standard 6 and its shipping for Friday. Ordered same as you.

But I changed my mind,

I'm going to try and waltz into the Apple Store on Sunday or Monday and try my luck there - I have to imagine that a 64GB Silver Sprint variant wouldn't be that hard to come by... I bet they're jammed pretty hard on Verizon and AT&T iPhones...

Does the iPhone lease work with framily, or do you need to be on the new plans?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got one ordered on our Framily plan using the lease.  I did noticed that after I ordered they tried to add the $15 service fee to that line.  Chat rep removed the fee.  Otherwise no issue. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try and waltz into the Apple Store on Sunday or Monday and try my luck there - I have to imagine that a 64GB Silver Sprint variant wouldn't be that hard to come by... I bet they're jammed pretty hard on Verizon and AT&T iPhones...

Agh! I can't figure out if I want silver or space grey....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agh! I can't figure out if I want silver or space grey....

In my personal opinion, Silver is much nicer.

On a regular note, my easy pay date is still November 1st. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I went with black. The antenna bands ruin it on the white phones for me.

• Like 2

I went with black. The antenna bands ruin it on the white phones for me.

Yup. White and Gold look ridiculous.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sprint really needs to do something about the coverage maps. There's no reason why "3G Coverage" should appear ANYWHERE on a landing page for a device. People don't give a rip about "3G Coverage," they want to see that hot LTE Action.

You know by my zip code that this is a Spark market, pimp that map!

jHf3oaE.png

• Like 3

What a reassuring review.

And 1 day and a half battery life?! Sounds like a winner. I can't wait to get mine even more now.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6154975/iphone-6-review

• Like 3

is no one getting gold this time? 

i think my chances of getting my phone on the day of the release are pretty high.  rep told me that not many 64gb models had been pre-ordered and even fewer that were gold.  i'm excited, i supposedly live in a spark market

is no one getting gold this time?

i think my chances of getting my phone on the day of the release are pretty high. rep told me that not many 64gb models had been pre-ordered and even fewer that were gold. i'm excited, i supposedly live in a spark market

I ordered a gold 16GB 6+. Seems like apple expected the demand for the gold version and produced a lot more than last year.

In my personal opinion, Silver is much nicer.

On a regular note, my easy pay date is still November 1st. :(

It switched mine from Nov 1st to Jan 1st... Starting to get concerned. I want to go to a Sprint store Friday morning and scoop one up.

It switched mine from Nov 1st to Jan 1st... Starting to get concerned. I want to go to a Sprint store Friday morning and scoop one up.

Same here. If my eligibility doesn't change tomorrow, I'm going to call back up and ask what's going on.

• Like 1

Well... I'll look at them both in the store before deciding. I do like the way the silver looks in that video though....

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By MacinJosh
      iPhone XS and XS Max are Apple's newest flagship phones, and the successors to Apple's 2017 iPhone X. They have the new A12 Bionic chip, improved cameras and faster FaceID, and come in a beautiful Gold Stainless Steel finish in addition to the Silver & Space Gray options. They are available in the same 5.8" Super Retina display as with the X, and the bigger 6.5" Super Retina. They are available in 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB configurations.
      Apple added Dual SIM technology to the 2018 iPhone's, with one physical SIM, and one eSIM. (eSIM feature not currently supported by Sprint, but is said to be coming later). These phones also feature IP68 water-resistance (iPhone X was IP67) which gives you protection in water for up to 30 minutes in up to 2m of water.
    • By S4GRU
      by Scott Johnson
      Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
      Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 12:01 AM MST

Many of us enjoy the freedom that rooting or jailbreaking our phones gives. Adding custom ROMs, removing “bloatware” or Carrier IQ, and adding additional controls are just the start. We knowingly take the risk that that we may turn our phone into a brick, and our warranty will likely not cover repair or replacement. But will we knowingly commit a criminal act to unlock our phones?
      Apple has claimed that jailbreaking the iPhone was in conflict with copyright laws. Given the amount of time they spent locking down iOS, it’s no surprise they oppose it. In July 2010, the U.S. Copyright Office eventually decided that jailbreaking and rooting was not a violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA), as long as it was not done with the intent of circumventing copyright. However, this decision was not permanent. If it is allowed to expire next month, jailbreaking and rooting could be considered breach of the DMCA.
      Development websites like XDA started out with the public perception that they were underground gatherings of hackers and pirates. Since the U.S. Copyright Office published the finding that jailbreaking and rooting was not illegal, those development websites have become widely popular and have largely changed the public's perception. Even Steve Kondik, aka “Cyanogen”, creator of the widely popular Android ROM CyanogenMod was hired by Samsung.
      Due to the liberties that millions of us enjoy about to be removed due to the sunseting DCMA, the Electronic Frontier Foundation has begun a campaign to keep our phones free. They are undertaking a campaign to convince the U.S. Copyright Office that we should have the right to unlock not only our smartphones, but our tablets and video game consoles. They have a petition that they will send to the U.S. Copyright Office, and they are asking for Concrete examples of legal uses of jailbreaking that “will help show the Copyright Office why they should renew and expand the exemptions for jailbreaking.”
      You can visit the EFF’s jailbreaking page here: https://www.eff.org/...ee-your-devices

Photo courtesy of iphonefreakz.com

Source: http://www.phonearen...l-again_id26246
    • By S4GRU
      by Scott Johnson
      Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
      Friday, February 3, 2012 - 2:00 PM MST

The iPhone is something many people see as a status symbol. Many who have never owned one, long for their upgrade date so they can go out and buy the "exclusive" iPhone that they have been denied access to for years. Even some who had the iPhone, and then switched carriers, long to repurchase another. Yes, the iPhone is a well made smartphone with access to a loaded app store, and has many desirable features. But is it really better than Windows Phone, Blackberry or Android models?
      When Apple entered into a contract with AT&T, they remanufactured the RAZR craze and how the artificial scarcity of the device created such huge demand. The RAZR was a good device, and you may argue it was well ahead of other phones at the time of its release, but the other manufacturers caught up quickly. Apple used a similar strategy and it has paid off immensely. The iPhone is now available on the top 3 carriers in the U.S., but is still seen as a status symbol in many circles. As if only a few people have access to it. One could make a strong argument that the Samsung Galaxy SII is a superior smartphone, but still many customers line up to get the iPhone instead, because their inner hoarder says they NEED it, and the products perceived coolness and limited availability only add to the whole experience.
      The concept of artificial scarcity is simple. You take a product that is plentifully available to manufacture in mass, but limit distribution to a limited time, limited area, or in the case of the iPhone, limited retail outlets.
      The strategy has worked perfect for Disney. Why let your movies make the gradual descent to the $3.99 Wal-Mart bargain bin? Just keep "taking them out of the vault" and offering them at full price for a few months every couple years and people pull their credit cards out to pay $17.99 for an 85 year old movie and thank Disney for "allowing" them the opportunity to purchase Snow White. Oh, and you get to be a part of a limited privileged club.
      Another notable example is McDonald's McRib. If it was on the menu full time, many people either wouldn't bother going to McDonalds or would order something else, but artificial scarcity commands us to rush in to McDonalds and get several McRibs at a time because we won't have another chance at it for another year. What do we end up with, besides a belly ache and a reason why we don't normally eat at McDonalds?
      We should be immune to this form of advertising by now, as we are constantly inundated with limited time availability and special edition products all around us. However it is still alive and well here on Planet Earth, because it still works. Big time.
      Can Apple keep the air of exclusivity over its iPhone as it continues to broaden its distribution? Or will smartphone buyers move on to other devices? Only time will tell. But many doubt that Apple will play its hand as well in an era post Steve Jobs.

Photos Courtesy of iPhone5rumor.net
    • A great article by Jim Patterson on rcrwireless.com. Some nuggets format 2.5GHz: “Braxton, Mike and John have authorized me to do some work at risk this year in getting ourselves ready to deploy the 2.5 gigahertz spectrum as soon as the deal closes. Nobody is more impatient for this thing to close than me. I wish I was deploying 2.5 radio on the network right now, but we’ve done work at low cost in terms of securing, permitting, and authorization to deploy 2.5. So as soon as this deal closes, we’re in a position where we can start laying down 2.5 radio on the new T-Mobile network.” Enterprise:   T-Mobile inherits not only a trough of spectrum with the Sprint acquisition, but hundreds of seasoned enterprise sales executives.  As Mike Sievert recently acknowledged in his appearance at the Citi conference a month ago, T-Mobile is under-indexed in enterprise.   Sprint’s enterprise roots are significant, having commanded close to 20% of the enterprise data market as recently as 2006.  There are many sales executives who cut their teeth with fleet management solutions (Nextel and Sprint), wireless access solutions (Clearwire and Sprint) and IP MPLS (Sprint).  *Without going through all of the details it’s important to note that the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 (and their variants) have the 2.5 GHz band already installed in the GSM (T-Mobile) version, and that the CDMA (Sprint) version of these devices already has T-Mobile’s Low Band 700 MHz spectrum, a.k.a. Band 12 (and Band 66 in the case of iPhone 😎 already enabled.  The CDMA version of the iPhone SE also has Band 12 enabled. Bottom line: there is the potential for backwards compatibility within the current handsets. And the iPhone XS (and variants) and iPhone 11 (and variants) are universal devices and include T-Mobile’s 600 MHz band which will be have a big benefit for Sprint customers. https://www.rcrwireless.com/20200216/analyst-angle/the-sunday-brief-new-t-mobile-cat-5-hurricane  
    • Good.  I bought shares in Shentel (SHEN) and US Cellular (USM) a year or two ago when their stock prices went down.  Waiting for a business consolidation event that causes their value to double or more.
    • Nice.  All three of my 4G Sprint phones are ready or near ready for upgrade.  I will wait until the "attractive offers" start.
    • I believe this has been discussed here, but is there a way to force the MB to latch onto B25 instead of B41? Where mine is located, it latches on to a VERY weak B41 signal instead of B25. None of my phones can get B41 at this location so the signal is very, very weak. The problem with latching on to B41, I get a decent download speed from the MB (close to 20 Mbps) but upload is less than 1 Mbps. This is with 1 user. I notice that if I run a speedtest on the MB, during the upload segment, the MB will actually fall offline (lose all LTE data activity). No data throughput when connected to the MB for 2-3 minutes after/during an upload speedtest. Would the MB phone support team be able to force the MB on to B25?
    • Those people that think that T-Mobile does not need to offer attractive offers to upgrade the handsets just imagine what kind of offers AT&T and Verizon will start offering to Sprint customers. A brand new iPhone on us or an attractive trade-in offer if you bring your number to us and you won't have to worry about these integration pains. Oh and these attractive per month plans. They will try to poach each and every Sprint customers. So T-Mobile will have to fight for each and every customer. They better come prepared.