sbolen

iPhone 6 omnibus thread

I'd really like to know what the split is. How many are ordering plus vs standard.

Not true.  In fact you can go to their buyback site right now and see they are already matching the T-Mobile prices.  You can even do the transaction there and lock in the pricing if you want.

https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/?ECID=vanity:buyback

Yup. I checked Friday and the offer was $250. Yesterday it had gone up to $351.

My gf's 5C has been running like a dog since I put the GM on. Facebook scrolls super slow and freezes, same with safari. Apps will lock for 5-10 seconds then unfreeze randomly. I'm hoping it's just because the apps have not been updated for iOS8 yet. Have you noticed any of this?

Nothing like that on my end. My us bank app no longer allows me to scan my checks and have them deposited. The camera closes and then the app closes but other than that I've had very few issues.

Every now and then my notifications will be goofed up. My phone will vibrate and then a minute later the ringer will go off. I just restart the phone and it's okay. It hasn't been doing it as much since I installed the gm but it's still there. I've never erased the phone and started over to see if it fixes it due to me getting the 6. I'll live with it until I get my new phone.

Nothing like that on my end. My us bank app no longer allows me to scan my checks and have them deposited. The camera closes and then the app closes but other than that I've had very few issues.

Every now and then my notifications will be goofed up. My phone will vibrate and then a minute later the ringer will go off. I just restart the phone and it's okay. It hasn't been doing it as much since I installed the gm but it's still there. I've never erased the phone and started over to see if it fixes it due to me getting the 6. I'll live with it until I get my new phone.

If you look up the app, in iTunes does it show ios8?

i want to upgrade and i'm on an old ass everything plus family plan.  i was told i had to change plans to do easypay by someone at the store, but i had been told in a chat the night before i didn't need to do that.  anyone have experience?

Litterally just need the phone and battery if the phone model has a removable battery for a full buyback.

Beautiful. Thanks!

i want to upgrade and i'm on an old ass everything plus family plan.  i was told i had to change plans to do easypay by someone at the store, but i had been told in a chat the night before i didn't need to do that.  anyone have experience?

Everything Plus is a plan with subsidies.  Easy pay can only be used on the non-subsidy plans.

Go back and say, I am not switching my plan. I would like to upgrade on my existing plan. If they say they can't, ask to speak to the manager. I am upgrading my phone on friday and I am on the 1500 ED plan. I have been told by sprint reps, chat reps, and 2 people in the store I can do this. Including an employee here on this forum. There is no reason you should not be able to upgrade.

Go back and say, I am not switching my plan. I would like to upgrade on my existing plan. If they say they can't, ask to speak to the manager. I am upgrading my phone on friday and I am on the 1500 ED plan. I have been told by sprint reps, chat reps, and 2 people in the store I can do this. Including an employee here on this forum. There is no reason you should not be able to upgrade.

I believe Everything Plus is an employee referral plan.  To upgrade on that plan, you may be stuck doing it online only or over the phone.

I believe Everything Plus is an employee referral plan.  To upgrade on that plan, you may be stuck doing it online only or over the phone.

Oh crap. I read that too quickly and thought it said Everything Data. I have no idea what everything plus is. Sorries.

If you look up the app, in iTunes does it show ios8?

It just says compatible with 4.3 and later IIRC from 10 seconds ago. Nothing about iOS 8 even in the changelogs. I didn't think it would be updated already.
  • Like 1

It just says compatible with 4.3 and later IIRC from 10 seconds ago. Nothing about iOS 8 even in the changelogs. I didn't think it would be updated already.

Typically they'll add it to the what's new section. Apple has started to approve ios8 apps already.

Either way I know its very frustrating

Typically they'll add it to the what's new section. Apple has started to approve ios8 apps already.

Either way I know its very frustrating

Eh. More frustrating that my bank held back more money than what I would have got if I used the app but that's their problem.

I know I'm using software that isn't all the way released yet so I expect a few issues. I'm not too worried about it.

Waterford lakes store? Always a bad experience there for me haha.

Just gonna buy it subsidized, didn't realize easy pay was a bad deal for me lol

Waterford lakes store? Always a bad experience there for me haha.

Just gonna buy it subsidized, didn't realize easy pay was a bad deal for me lol

Yep. I went there twice and got different answers both times. When I go in on Friday morning, I am just going to tell them what I want, what I was told. Period end lol. I want my phone bought back at 351 like I was told it would be, I want to pay 150 for my early upgrade fee, and I want to apply the amount of the buy back to the price of the phone. It's very simple. I hope it doesn't take longer than 20 minutes

Yep. I went there twice and got different answers both times. When I go in on Friday morning, I am just going to tell them what I want, what I was told. Period end lol. I want my phone bought back at 351 like I was told it would be, I want to pay 150 for my early upgrade fee, and I want to apply the amount of the buy back to the price of the phone. It's very simple. I hope it doesn't take longer than 20 minutes

I got a preorder in this afternoon and just went ahead and subsidized with a 2 year agreement.  So many carriers offer to buy out other contracts these days that i don't even worry about it

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking #
885909971671 IPHONE 6P GRAY 64GB KIT 1 2014-09-12
Status: Your pre-order for the 64GB iPhone 6 Plus is at our warehouse. Orders placed prior to 11:00 am CT on 9/12 will ship in up to 3 weeks from order date. Orders placed after that will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest shipping timelines, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Since it shows my order as "at our warehouse", does this mean I might actually have a chance of mine being delivered on Friday? I finally was able to get my order in about 4:45 AM on Friday.

The text has changed slightly if you were looking for an iPhone 6.  Looks like all iPhone 6 preorders are good to go.

"Your pre-order for the iPhone 6 is at our warehouse. For orders placed through 12:00 pm CT on 9/16, we will do our best to get it to you by 9/19. For any orders placed after 12:00 pm CT, we will do our best to get it to you in 2 to 5 business days. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience. For the latest shipping timelines, visit sprint.com/preorder."

I called because I haven't gotten any sort of email and they're telling me my order might not have gone through even though I have an order number. So now I have to go back to the store to verify it went through since care can't see an order that was done by a store for whatever reason. Starting to get a little irritated with this whole pre order thing.

Edit: Go figure right after I write this my phone goes off saying sprint took out money for my phone payment. I hope this is good news.

Not true.  In fact you can go to their buyback site right now and see they are already matching the T-Mobile prices.  You can even do the transaction there and lock in the pricing if you want.

https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/?ECID=vanity:buyback

That's awesome. Can you lock in on a price and then just take your phone in on Friday and give it to the Sprint reps? or should I just wait until Friday and do it all at the store. I'm hoping not to have to mail it in.

That's awesome. Can you lock in on a price and then just take your phone in on Friday and give it to the Sprint reps? or should I just wait until Friday and do it all at the store. I'm hoping not to have to mail it in.

They should honor the pricing in store. If you find a better quote from a competitor, bring it in. They will match it.

I have to admit. If marcelo had not popped in and made these abrupt changes, I probably wouldn't be getting the iPhone 6 on Friday.

• Like 2

Finally was able to order the 6 Plus. Sprint it taking back my Galaxy S5 that I bought on Aug 25. I have to ship the Galaxy back and use my old Evo 3D or Blackberry Curve...hope this iPhone 6 Plus gets shipped soon!

But I can't complain since Sprint is allowing me to return after the 14 days. The camera on the Galaxy S5 sucks indoors and for kids (compared to the iPhone 5s), so I'm excited about the optical image stabilizer.

Those telesales folks are pushy...she added the Tab 3 and a case "to help you out" without me saying yes...lol

• Like 2

Finally was able to order the 6 Plus. Sprint it taking back my Galaxy S5 that I bought on Aug 25. I have to ship the Galaxy back and use my old Evo 3D or Blackberry Curve...hope this iPhone 6 Plus gets shipped soon!

But I can't complain since Sprint is allowing me to return after the 14 days. The camera on the Galaxy S5 sucks indoors and for kids (compared to the iPhone 5s), so I'm excited about the optical image stabilizer.

Those telesales folks are pushy...she added the Tab 3 and a case "to help you out" without me saying yes...lol

I don't want it, thank you. You want this tablet. No, no I don't, thank you though. But, you do want this tablet. No, I really really don't want or care about this tablet... But it's free.. Here I'll add it to your account and if you don't like it you can return it in 14 days. How's that. No, I would prefer not to have the tablet... Just the phone please.

Disconnected.

• Like 3

Does the iPhone lease work with framily, or do you need to be on the new plans?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it helps, I've ordered 3 devices from Sprint and have never received a tracking email. When I ordered 5s's for me and my fiance last September, I had to actually call to get the order number to track on their website. After checking randomly every day, a UPS tracking number just showed up one day, and the package was already out for delivery. Their ordering process seems jacked up to me.

If I may inquire, how? I'd love to send my wife's s5 back - about 40 days in.