iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

The verge did a pretty good video I think on the phone and how it is to have the new device. I've never been more anxious for a new phone!

Andddd. Am I the only one looking forward to swiftkey coming to iOS?

Edit. Guess I can't embed YouTube videos from my phone.

• Like 2

The verge did a pretty good video I think on the phone and how it is to have the new device. I've never been more anxious for a new phone!

Robert stated in another thread that Tapatalk removed that capability.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Loved how he stood outside the Apple Store with the iPhone 6 in hand while everyone was waiting.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6154975/iphone-6-review

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I called because I haven't gotten any sort of email and they're telling me my order might not have gone through even though I have an order number. So now I have to go back to the store to verify it went through since care can't see an order that was done by a store for whatever reason. Starting to get a little irritated with this whole pre order thing.

Edit: Go figure right after I write this my phone goes off saying sprint took out money for my phone payment. I hope this is good news.

I had the same thing happen. Been trying to order one since Sunday. Placed a successful order with order number on Sunday. Sprint called me on Monday to say they had to cancel the order because it hadn't linked to my Sprint account number, but to reorder online as the problem should be fixed. I've placed about 10 orders since Monday morning and never received an order number (just the error message, "Oops, our systems aren't working together correctly..."). Even called in and placed an order and it wouldn't go through - and Sprint has no idea why. :rolleyes:

Not trying to whine, but geez....

EDIT: And just tried again and still getting the same error....not sure what to do.... :ninja:

What a reassuring review.

And 1 day and a half battery life?! Sounds like a winner. I can't wait to get mine even more now.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6154975/iphone-6-review

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

It seems like the talk time might be better but everything else seems to be worse.  Most reviewers are saying that they are getting better battery life on the 5s when doing other functions like video/audio playback, web browsing, gaming etc...

• Like 1

I went to the store last night and asked about my order and having them track it and of course they say they can't but care says they can. All the guy told me was that if I have a receipt I'll have a phone. In the preorder section for iPhone it says you should get an email in 24 hours. Something isn't adding up and I have a feeling I'll get screwed in the end. But fingers crossed for my phone to arrive Thursday night so they can call me Friday and I can pick it up before I go into work that day.

I went to the store last night and asked about my order and having them track it and of course they say they can't but care says they can. All the guy told me was that if I have a receipt I'll have a phone. In the preorder section for iPhone it says you should get an email in 24 hours. Something isn't adding up and I have a feeling I'll get screwed in the end. But fingers crossed for my phone to arrive Thursday night so they can call me Friday and I can pick it up before I go into work that day.

Niceeeee. Your 800 dollar phone is on its way, maybe, and we have no idea where it is. Have a great day!

It seems like the talk time might be better but everything else seems to be worse.  Most reviewers are saying that they are getting better battery life on the 5s when doing other functions like video/audio playback, web browsing, gaming etc...

I expect this at first, especially with iOS 8. They haven't turned off background app refresh, any of the other location sucking applications...and more. And I think some of those videos said the people were testing them at 100% brightness when playing videos. 

I still wish apple would've stuck with the same thickness, and increased the battery even mOAR!

I expect this at first, especially with iOS 8. They haven't turned off background app refresh, any of the other location sucking applications...and more. And I think some of those videos said the people were testing them at 100% brightness when playing videos. 

I still wish apple would've stuck with the same thickness, and increased the battery even mOAR!

The couple of reviews I read, they had airplane mode on with brightness set to 50%.

• Like 2

The couple of reviews I read, they had airplane mode on with brightness set to 50%.

Well then. That's disappointing. I guess we will just have to test it ourselves. David at the verge appeared to get a decent days worth out of the phone, with the phone actually on signal from what the video showed...So, results WILL vary? lol

Just popped into my Sprint corporate store & preordered a Silver 128GB iPhone 6 on easy pay. In stock & ready for pickup on Friday at 8am. :)

I couldn't wait. Lol

• Like 3

Just popped into my Sprint corporate store & preordered a Silver 128GB iPhone 6 on easy pay. In stock & ready for pickup on Friday at 8am. :)

I couldn't wait. Lol

I wish I could pre-order so bad. But I have to give up my phone if I do...I am tempted to go a day or two without a phone at this point.

• Like 1

Well...Yesterday night I had sent a email to the new Sprint CEO to try to find out when I should expect my iPhone and I just received a call back from a Sprint Manager. 

I was given the expected date of October 3rd.   :( :eek: :)

I ordered a iPhone 6+ 128GB Space Gray.

My Order was online and went through at 3:25am on the 12th of September. 

I guess that was to be expected I was hoping for a miracle!

I guess not to bad!    :(

Ps. It was WONDERFUL that I DID get a call back! That is EXCELLENT customer Service!  

Pretty much. Having worked for the company I know there is a way to track it someone just isn't doing enough to help me find it.

Its called Order Tracking Module (OTM). Reps i store probably dont know how to use it since its not something commonly used and ill be the first to admit sprints training and rep turnover suck.

Its called Order Tracking Module (OTM). Reps i store probably dont know how to use it since its not something commonly used and ill be the first to admit sprints training and rep turnover suck.

The rep that helped me has actual gotten into arguments before with me so I wouldn't doubt he's being lazy on purpose. Maybe I'll go back in and talk to the guy I ordered with and see what he knows. He seems to know more but not by much.

Edit. Same story. We placed your order but until we have it physically we don't know where in the process it is. In store orders don't get confrontation numbers. They have their receipts. At this point I'm just wasting energy on it. If I get one I get one. If not I'll get a refund.

At the very least I got a nice motorcycle ride to the store out of it!

Well after numerous calls to Sprint, I finally got them to reset my easypay eligibility! I have some Sprint stores to stop at on my way home this evening to try to preorder one to pick up Friday! :D

Awesome! Glad yours is resolved. I need to call and see what they will do for me. I'm banking on hope that there will be a iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in Gold in store for me on Friday morning.

Awesome! Glad yours is resolved. I need to call and see what they will do for me. I'm banking on hope that there will be a iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in Gold in store for me on Friday morning.

It took a lot of calls and being a little firm.  Everyone kept directing me to different people, but finally I threatened to remove the one line from my account and go with a different provider (empty threat, my full discount Framily has me locked to Sprint for awhile), and then the rep talked with her manager and got it reset within 5 minutes.

I would definitely call.  I know we were both initially told up to 5 days, but she said it takes 5-10 days for it to reset on its own (which frustrated me more since I was told up to 5 days by EVERY person I talked to before her). 

It took a lot of calls and being a little firm. Everyone kept directing me to different people, but finally I threatened to remove the one line from my account and go with a different provider (empty threat, my full discount Framily has me locked to Sprint for awhile), and then the rep talked with her manager and got it reset within 5 minutes.

I would definitely call. I know we were both initially told up to 5 days, but she said it takes 5-10 days for it to reset on its own (which frustrated me more since I was told up to 5 days by EVERY person I talked to before her).

Well, my empty promise of leaving will have more away because I have 2 lines on my account canceling on the 21st, so they might listen easier to me. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1