iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Well considering even the preorders aren't going to arrive until November, you shouldn't be too late to the party. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orders are already shipping and expected arrival is the 19th. Are you talking about the 6+?

That's the crazy thing. They originally said 5 days, and then on Friday it changed to immediate, then yesterday it changed to November 1st. So I'm hoping that by Wednesday it'll change back to immediate.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Almost the same thing happened to me.  I paid mine off on Friday (tried Thursday, but I won't get into that), and yesterday it switched to Nov. 1st, 2014 from originally being April 1st, 2015. 

I called Sprint because I assumed that it processed through their system and just went to the wrong date since the person said it takes UP to 5 days, but he said it could go through almost immediately.

The Sprint rep assured me that it would be reset within the next few business days.  He said at the absolute worst, I should be able to use easypay this Thursday. 

• Like 1

orders are already shipping and expected arrival is the 19th. Are you talking about the 6+?

Yes, the 6+. I ordered on the 12th right when the store opened and my expected arrival is late September to mid October.

Almost the same thing happened to me. I paid mine off on Friday (tried Thursday, but I won't get into that), and yesterday it switched to Nov. 1st, 2014 from originally being April 1st, 2015.

I called Sprint because I assumed that it processed through their system and just went to the wrong date since the person said it takes UP to 5 days, but he said it could go through almost immediately.

The Sprint rep assured me that it would be reset within the next few business days. He said at the absolute worst, I should be able to use easypay this Thursday.

Thanks for the reassurance. They have some really odd systems for resetting Easy Pay eligibility. I hope they finally get that fixed because I'm sure we aren't the only ones being freaked out by eligibility dates changing.

Yes, the 6+. I ordered on the 12th right when the store opened and my expected arrival is late September to mid October.

I'm hoping to get one by freak chance at the store on Friday. If not, I'll order mine for direct ship to store, and I'll get it when I get it.

I'm hoping to get one by freak chance at the store on Friday. If not, I'll order mine for direct ship to store, and I'll get it when I get it.

Called the sprint store near me, they told me the reservation list was "full". I would go to one of the Apple stores, but Apple refuses to do anything with my plan because it's an employee referral plan.

Looks like I'm stuck with the preorder. :(

Called the sprint store near me, they told me the reservation list was "full". I would go to one of the Apple stores, but Apple refuses to do anything with my plan because it's an employee referral plan.

Looks like I'm stuck with the preorder. :(

Apple won't do anything for Framily plans either. And both Sprint Stores I called don't have lists, they are just doing Direct Ship with a 3-4 week wait time currently.

Apple won't do anything for Framily plans either. And both Sprint Stores I called don't have lists, they are just doing Direct Ship with a 3-4 week wait time currently.

Yea corporate stores are doing it different this year. All preorders are direct ship and there are no list. That means instead of stores seperating out their shipments into phones to sell and phones to use for preorders, as was done in the past. Preorder phones will come already tied to the buyers account and addressed to them and all phones the store recieves normally are sold normally. What will suck for some is a store may have the iphone you ordered in stock but the customer cant have it because they have to take the specific device and serial number coming for them.

The worst part is that I'm pretty sure only Sprint corporate stores can do anything with my plan. I have a friend that knows the owner of a Sprint affiliate store and he offered to get me put on their reservation list at #3 or #4 but I don't want to cancel my preorder only to be unable to get it at the store too. By the way, has anyone with an EPRP account tried to upgrade at an afilliate store? I know for sure that best buy and walmart can't do it.

Yea corporate stores are doing it different this year. All preorders are direct ship and there are no list. That means instead of stores seperating out their shipments into phones to sell and phones to use for preorders, as was done in the past. Preorder phones will come already tied to the buyers account and addressed to them and all phones the store recieves normally are sold normally. What will suck for some is a store may have the iphone you ordered in stock but the customer cant have it because they have to take the specific device and serial number coming for them.

So what are my chances of getting an iPhone 6 by walking in next Friday... This kinda sucks. I can't preorder because I can't be without a phone for a week and that would be the only way I could have a phone "reserved" for myself....

Well... But you have to be the first to test out the RF performance!

Believe me, when it comes in, I'll be doing a before speed tests and after with my iPhone 5 and the new iPhone 6.  Hopefully others will as well.

• Like 1

So what are my chances of getting an iPhone 6 by walking in next Friday... This kinda sucks. I can't preorder because I can't be without a phone for a week and that would be the only way I could have a phone "reserved" for myself....

Stores haven't received phones yet but if you are there at open you should have no problem getting a 6....a 6plus im not sure about all i hear about them is they will be in very short supply and back ordered.
  • Like 1

Stores haven't received phones yet but if you are there at open you should have no problem getting a 6....a 6plus im not sure about all i hear about them is they will be in very short supply and back ordered.

Awesome. Looks like I'm going in early lol.

Maybe I'll go that route and just go into the office a little late Friday.  If I do though, I will probably be VERY unproductive B) .

• Like 2

Maybe I'll go that route and just go into the office a little late Friday. If I do though, I will probably be VERY unproductive B) .

I'm supposed to be working in Bakersfield on Friday at 9 am, but I plan on being at the Visalia Sprint store at 8 or 9am. Here's hoping I'll get done with that job on Thursday! I hope I get a 6+ on Friday.

I'm supposed to be working in Bakersfield on Friday at 9 am, but I plan on being at the Visalia Sprint store at 8 or 9am. Here's hoping I'll get done with that job on Thursday! I hope I get a 6+ on Friday.

Good luck. 

I ordered my 6 at a sprint corporate store.  They wanted to put it on ship to store.  I specifically caught it and changed to direct ship.  Weird.  HOwever, i haven't gotten and email about the order number or anything. Only my receipt.

Edit: Another weird thing is that Sprint.com does not show that I upgraded my line.  I have another upgrade available.  I sold my 5 into the store and had a remaining credit on the transaction and applied toward my balance.  The credit is showing so I would have thought that the upgrade would have gone away?

Good luck.

I ordered my 6 at a sprint corporate store. They wanted to put it on ship to store. I specifically caught it and changed to direct ship. Weird. HOwever, i haven't gotten and email about the order number or anything. Only my receipt.

Edit: Another weird thing is that Sprint.com does not show that I upgraded my line. I have another upgrade available. I sold my 5 into the store and had a remaining credit on the transaction and applied toward my balance. The credit is showing so I would have thought that the upgrade would have gone away?

Your upgrade will disappear a couple days after you activate the new phone.

• Like 2

Good luck.

I ordered my 6 at a sprint corporate store. They wanted to put it on ship to store. I specifically caught it and changed to direct ship. Weird. HOwever, i haven't gotten and email about the order number or anything. Only my receipt.

Edit: Another weird thing is that Sprint.com does not show that I upgraded my line. I have another upgrade available. I sold my 5 into the store and had a remaining credit on the transaction and applied toward my balance. The credit is showing so I would have thought that the upgrade would have gone away?

Ummm phones ordered at a store have to be direct shipped to the store. The home address option is grayed out because only accessories can be direct shipped to your house.
  • Like 1

Ummm phones ordered at a store have to be direct shipped to the store. The home address option is grayed out because only accessories can be direct shipped to your house.

I know the guy as he goes to my church. I laser and he changed it direct ship to my house.

Has anyone heard if Sprint even got any 6+? Looks like just Apple stores are gonna get them.

Sprint stores will have a couple 6+ each. it won't be very many. I would suggest going to an apple store if you really want to get one on the 19th.

The worst part is that I'm pretty sure only Sprint corporate stores can do anything with my plan. I have a friend that knows the owner of a Sprint affiliate store and he offered to get me put on their reservation list at #3 or #4 but I don't want to cancel my preorder only to be unable to get it at the store too. By the way, has anyone with an EPRP account tried to upgrade at an afilliate store? I know for sure that best buy and walmart can't do it.

Most corp stores won't do it either. Best way is telesales/online.

Most corp stores won't do it either. Best way is telesales/online.

Gonna try my luck for a reservation at another corporate store tomorrow. I really don't want to wait until October, I want to sell this ip5 before it loses the little value it has.

Does anyone know if the corp stores will give me a reservation for the 19th if I have an online preorder already?