Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Really long boot animation when booting up for the first time.

Did you wipe your userdata too?  On XDA it appears that people who just flash boot, system, and the radio are having some pretty nasty bugs.  I'm still waiting it out for the time being.  I also went to test the new radio, but here in WI we are having a pretty major Sprint outage. 

Did you wipe your userdata too?  On XDA it appears that people who just flash boot, system, and the radio are having some pretty nasty bugs.  I'm still waiting it out for the time being.  I also went to test the new radio, but here in WI we are having a pretty major Sprint outage. 

I flashed everything since it was a major release.  Since it is a beta release I felt it best to play it safe.  Haven't noticed any bugs except the DEBUG menu crashing.

Did you wipe your userdata too? On XDA it appears that people who just flash boot, system, and the radio are having some pretty nasty bugs. I'm still waiting it out for the time being. I also went to test the new radio, but here in WI we are having a pretty major Sprint outage.

You MUST wipe userdata.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Really long boot animation when booting up for the first time.

because ART is enabled by default, this will compile every apk the first time it boots

You MUST wipe userdata.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anyone wanting to save their userdata better remember to nandroid first!

Has anyone tried the radio?

I flashed it earlier (system remaining on 4.4.4), there is no discernible difference I can see compared to the previous radio, so far.

It still is not automatically connecting to b41 in the exact same spot my htc m8 will.

Edited by dedub

Beware if you try to use signal check you may get reboots

oh man I hope scp doesn't take a hit from Android L

Yea...Ok. What I'm saying I sent one out OK. I don't receive them the normal way. When someone sends me a MMS to my google voice number because that's the only number I use it comes to my gmail.

But I was able to send one...

No when I send a MMS it goes out sends thru Sprint. If you were to send me a pic to my phone number, my google voice number it will come to my gmail.

. Been a google voice user since grand central.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• Kind of amazing that T-Mobile is still holding onto that speed title despite Verizon all but killing off lowband 5G on their network. While Verizon is mostly being evaluated on mmWave and C-band performance, T-Mobile and AT&T's average 5G speeds include their massive lowband 5G networks that are significantly slower.
    • 5G in the U.S. – Additional Mid-band Spectrum Driving Performance Gains T-Mobile holds on to it's lead in 5G Speed
    • Yup. Very true. We were originally on an Everything Data 1500 Plan, which got Unlimited Minutes thanks to Marcelo's "Loyalty Benefits" offer. We then switched to Unlimited Freedom (with the Free HD add-on that Sprint originally wanted $20/month per line for.... remember that?) because the pricing was better with "iPhone for Life", vs. the "Loyalty Credit" for staying on a Legacy Plan. After that, I ran the numbers and switched us over to Sprint MAX, especially for the international travel benefits. There's absolutely no reason for us to switch to Go5G Plus or Go5G Next if we're going to do BYOD by purchasing from Apple/Samsung/Google directly as we've been doing. These new plans aren't priced for current customers to switch to. They're priced for new customers, where they throw in a free line, etc. It's gone from "Uncarrier" to "Carrier". What a shame.
    • Strange business model that they keep around all these pricing plans. 1000s of plans per carrier is reportedly not uncommon.  Training customer support must be a nightmare. Even MVNOs have legacy plans. A downside of their contract mentality I guess. Best to change contracts during a recession. But then all carriers try to squeeze out legacy plan benefits as they grow old.  
    • Everything "Uncarrier" is becoming "Carrier" again. Because of the Credit Limit that T-Mobile put on our account for no reason at all (and wouldn't change/update the last time I checked all the way up to the CEO), I don't plan on buying/upgrading our iPhones through T-Mobile. I'm going through Apple directly. Looks like I'll be going through Google and Samsung directly for our other lines for upgrades. Also, we're staying on Sprint Max given the ridiculous pricing for Go5G Plus. On Sprint Max, we currently pay for our Plan: $260 for 7 Voice Lines $25 for two Wearable Lines. (One is $10/Month. The other is $15/Month because the AutoPay discount only applies up to 8 lines.) Total: $285/Month vs. Go5G Plus (Per the Broadband Facts "nutrition label" on the T-Mobile Website): https://www.t-mobile.com/commerce/cell-phone-plans $360 - ($5 AutoPay Discount x 7 Voice Lines) = $325 The Watch Plans show as either $12/Month or $15/Month: https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/affordable-data-plans/smartwatches So this is about the same for the wearables as what we're paying now. Overall, it's quite more than we're paying now to switch plans. Ridiculous....