Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

that actually has happened to me and my market a lot of the band 25 towers are already overloaded so especially at peak if trying to watch video I'll drop down to 3G and then push back up to LTE. It will Shuffle between towers in the area until I can find a tower that can actually stream video content as well!

Happened to me last night. I was sitting in a movie theater less than half a mile from the local tower, and my phone went from a -106 LTE signal to 3G.

Happened to me last night. I was sitting in a movie theater less than half a mile from the local tower, and my phone went from a -106 LTE signal to 3G.

Dang lucky. I had to manually move my phone to 3g only when in San Antonio, my b25 was unusable at -100. But I just needed it to play some Slacker.

Dang lucky. I had to manually move my phone to 3g only when in San Antonio, my b25 was unusable at -100. But I just needed it to play some Slacker.

Sadly it only does it on its own when I'm not using the device.

Mine usually switches around -119. But I've seen it at higher. Overall experience with this phone im not overly impressed. I keep getting data and WiFi drops and now the bad screen. But the rf performance is awesome

I'm gonna reiterate what I said earlier (even though I don't have any basis for this guess) ...I'm guessing they had to go back to square one with some part of the LTE config. Assuming that was all that delayed this release, this wait is pretty large given the resources at hand. I will say it prob has to get certified by each carrier though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well with the .15 radio I finally see B41 so the hardware work s. Come on with the software Google.

Sent from Nexus 5

And its gone. Went away around 9, can't get it back.

Sent from Nexus 5

Sent from Nexus 5

Be sure to update your Band Priorities to favor B41 after flashing.  They usually revert back to B25 as the favorite.  Hopefully, this will help you find B41 again, but no promises. 

AJ

• Like 3

Be sure to update your Band Priorities to favor B41 after flashing. They usually revert back to B25 as the favorite. Hopefully, this will help you find B41 again, but no promises.

25 & 26 are at 0 and 41 is 1. I think that puts 41 as preferred.

Sprint probably is pushing it back to B25.

Sent from Nexus 5

I've been disappointed before about the delay for band 26/LTE. I will be full blown mad if I can't stream the world cup in 37 days with a usable connection on my N5

My bb tour 9630 streamed it near perfectly on 3g in 2010.

I've been disappointed before about the delay for band 26/LTE. I will be full blown mad if I can't stream the world cup in 37 days with a usable connection on my N5

My bb tour 9630 streamed it near perfectly on 3g in 2010.

Are you not getting b26 on your n5? I am on it all day.

Just joined the nexus 5 club

I switched from a G2 to the N5 last week.  Looks as though you are as well.  I hope you enjoy the RF performance as much as I do. 

For even better performance, flash the .15 radio.  I get a better B25 signal with it on the N5 than I was able to get from my G2 on B26 sites.

Are you not getting b26 on your n5? I am on it all day.

Nope. I'm starting to entertain the idea of unlocking and flashing new radios.

Edit: By new I mean the older ones.

AFAIK. I've never been on it on the new set radios. Idk on the earlier radios.

Just joined the nexus 5 club

What happened to your G2?  I thought you really liked it.

Nope. I'm starting to entertain the idea of unlocking and flashing new radios.

Edit: By new I mean the older ones.

AFAIK. I've never been on it on the new set radios. Idk on the earlier radios.

For b26 you just need to enable it by using your msl. You don't need a different radio. B41 requires the .15 radio to connect as far as I know.

I do. I still have it I just have two phones now. I got this one to see what all the fuss was about the radio being so much better than the G2 and I'm curious to see T-Mobile coverage around here too. How to I get the $30 100 min, 5gb plan on T-Mobile?

What happened to your G2? I thought you really liked it.

I do. I still have it I just have two phones now. I got this one to see what all the fuss was about the radio being so much better than the G2 and I'm curious to see T-Mobile coverage around here too. How to I get the $30 100 min, 5gb plan on T-Mobile?

Good Luck!  :)   I'm still waiting for the definitive device....

For b26 you just need to enable it by using your msl. You don't need a different radio. B41 requires the .15 radio to connect as far as I know.

Manually toggling doesn't work for me at least the towers I use.

Do they have ecsfb/csfb installed? If they do any radio should work perfectly fine for b26. If they don't then flash the .15 radio and you should be good to go.

I only get B26 when I am out of range of B25 and since the N5 is such a great RF performer I don't run into as much B26 as I did with my G2.

Have you checked your SignalCheck logs? You may have come across it briefly without knowing.

• Like 1

G2 is a better 3g performer than the nexus 5 and a better band 41 performer. Nexus 5 gets warm very fast too. Battery life of the nexus 5 seems pretty good to me but not quite as good as the G2. Call quality is better on the Nexus 5 hands down vs the G2. I still like the G2 better but until Sprint gets there network under control neither phone will be perfect.

The only way is to walk into a Walmart and buy the special micro sim/package. It costs $40 which includes the first month. I did this, too, to see what all the fuss was about.

• Like 1