Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Is anyone noticing a daylight savings time problem on the Nexus 5? Today, I noticed that all of my calendar appointments next week are off by one hour. My date and time settings are set to receive both the time and the time zone from the network. The time on my phone is correct currently so I must presume that it has picked an accurate time zone.

If I uncheck to receive the timezone from the network then GMT -6 is what shows as the current time zone and all of my appointments after Sunday are incorrect by an hour. However, if I go into the timezone selection and I manually reselect GMT -6 then all of my appointments are correct. When all of my appointments are correct if I then go back and recheck to receive the timezone from the network then everything after Sunday shifts by an hour incorrectly again. So far I have only tried this on my LTE tower.

• Like 1

Maybe the way the date/time is stored as a number causes it to display oddly when unpacked to a human readable format this close to the time switch. I would just see if the phone does black magic and fixes the dates Sunday morning.

Sent from Nexus 5

Anyone having problems with the Nexus 5 losing their saved WiFi logins?  All my Wifi info magically appeared on my phone from my other Nexus's backup, which was awesome!

But last week, I had none!  And it's already wiped them twice this week... what the heck is going on?  Can I turn my old Galaxy Nexus, get it to back them up to Google, and make them magically push to this phone?  And how do get them to STAY PUT?

I wonder if the ecsfb has finished in east side San Jose California I temporarily returned my nexus 5 waiting till the spark update comes out. Was thinking about going to tmobile for a moment, but I can wait I am no hurry and better to stay with the future great network and tell people I told you so haha!

Is anyone noticing a daylight savings time problem on the Nexus 5? Today, I noticed that all of my calendar appointments next week are off by one hour. My date and time settings are set to receive both the time and the time zone from the network. The time on my phone is correct currently so I must presume that it has picked an accurate time zone.

If I uncheck to receive the timezone from the network then GMT -6 is what shows as the current time zone and all of my appointments after Sunday are incorrect by an hour. However, if I go into the timezone selection and I manually reselect GMT -6 then all of my appointments are correct. When all of my appointments are correct if I then go back and recheck to receive the timezone from the network then everything after Sunday shifts by an hour incorrectly again. So far I have only tried this on my LTE tower.

The clocks fall back this weekend, its probably registering that in your calendar even though it hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The clocks fall back this weekend, its probably registering that in your calendar even though it hasn't happened yet.

errr..the clocks go ahead this weekend.  Spring ahead, Fall back.

• Like 1

errr..the clocks go ahead this weekend. Spring ahead, Fall back.

Oh yeah that:P, I'm already sleep deprived thinking about it, in case you can't tell;)

Well speaking of time issues I had to change the Date & time settings, as the Nexus Randomly decided to fall back an hour. Good thing I caught it or I would of been late to Work Haha

One question on the nexus 5, if I want to buy/trade for one and let's say a guy has a T-Mobile/ATT nexus 5 is it easy to swap over to Sprint and vise versa? Thanks

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

The only ones that don't play nice with sprint are the T-Mobile ones. Any other one is good to go though.

So if I were to get a ATT version I can put it on Sprint fine, but what about pre paid service. Are there any that work fine with the phone, including 4g lte? Thanks, kojitsari

I believe there have been people who have reported using Ting with the n5, as for others I haven't heard anything yet. If you can find out who owns the prepaid carrier you're thinking of, call up the customer support for them (att, Verizon, whoever) and ask if they're allowing n5's.

So if I were to get a ATT version I can put it on Sprint fine, but what about pre paid service. Are there any that work fine with the phone, including 4g lte? Thanks, kojitsari

There is no Att, sprint or tmobile version. There is one version and that is the LG d820.

Tmobile and sprint are the only carriers that sell the phone with Google being the other that sells it. Tmobile Nexus 5 imeis are not loaded onto sprints network and thus cannot be activated whereas ones sold by sprint and Google works.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

One question on the nexus 5, if I want to buy/trade for one and let's say a guy has a T-Mobile/ATT nexus 5 is it easy to swap over to Sprint and vise versa? Thanks

If bought from T-Mobile, switching doesn't work. If bought from Google Play, switching is easy. 

Thanks guys, I might pick one up. Is there a way to tell if it was a T-Mobile phone so if I trade my old phone for one? I don't know if I'll use it on Sprint but wouldn't mind having it as a good back up phone if my G2 breaks somehow. Other than that I might use it to test local prepaid services to see how they do in my area.

Thanks guys, I might pick one up. Is there a way to tell if it was a T-Mobile phone so if I trade my old phone for one? I don't know if I'll use it on Sprint but wouldn't mind having it as a good back up phone if my G2 breaks somehow. Other than that I might use it to test local prepaid services to see how they do in my area.

I don't know if there is a way to know that without asking the person where it was bought. 

Would you be doing this face to face? If so I'd say walk into a sprint store and ask them if you could use it on their network. Other than that I'd ask to see a receipt for the phone (that'll tell you where it was purchased).

• Like 1

True, but do I trust them? I'd like to make sure. I'll just do what kojitsari(awesome name) and go into a Sprint store and ask them.

Thanks! So if I understood your situation right, you're swapping a phone you already have for a n5(possibly)? What phone are you trading, if you don't mind me asking?

Galaxy Note 2, with a Zerolemon battery and Defender case. Got tired of it so I got a G2 and love it but I'd love to have a Nexus to play with since I've never had one. Plus I like how the N5 can be used on so many different bands.