Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Yep, well aware.. it's been driving me crazy for almost 2 months! It's not specifically triggered by CSFB issues, but those could exacerbate it. Good news though.. I think I finally tracked down the root cause of the problems! A new version went into testing earlier this week, and it is going well. I anticipate releasing an update with that fix and a few other goodies very soon.. very very soon.. keep an eye on the thread and website in my signature for details. -Mike

Is there a way I could test out anything? I'm free all day tomorrow and have plenty time ahead To test updates.

Edit: I think 1x800 was causing quite a few issues with it personally.

Yep, well aware.. it's been driving me crazy for almost 2 months! It's not specifically triggered by CSFB issues, but those could exacerbate it. Good news though.. I think I finally tracked down the root cause of the problems! A new version went into testing earlier this week, and it is going well. I anticipate releasing an update with that fix and a few other goodies very soon.. very very soon.. keep an eye on the thread and website in my signature for details.

-Mike

ya sorry that was me bugging about it before lol. I can trigger it going to the Chesterfield valley pretty reliably. But once they fix a tower that area stops being an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there a way I could test out anything? I'm free all day tomorrow and have plenty time ahead To test updates.

Edit: I think 1x800 was causing quite a few issues with it personally.

I've got plenty of testers at the moment, but I appreciate the offer. You might have an update to play with tomorrow anyway.. ;)

ya sorry that was me bugging about it before lol. I can trigger it going to the Chesterfield valley pretty reliably. But once they fix a tower that area stops being an issue.

Oh no apology necessary -- the app is behaving like crap! I have been hearing from dozens of people, don't worry. The new version should not have any freezing/crashing issues, even if a specific site is causing the problem.

-Mike

• Like 2

I've got plenty of testers at the moment, but I appreciate the offer. You might have an update to play with tomorrow anyway.. ;)

-Mike

Well I am going to Dallas tomorrow, hoping to see that nice little star on signal check. Going to see a stars game, and there are 2 sites that are b41 accepted on the route I will take, So I will see how it acts then. Thanks for your work!

• Like 1

I just called sprint yesterday and found out band 26 was installed and ready to go on my home towers. Beyond excited for this spark update now! No more falling back to 3g between towers! :D

I just called sprint yesterday and found out band 26 was installed and ready to go on my home towers. Beyond excited for this spark update now! No more falling back to 3g between towers! :D

Man, you have a lot more faith in Sprint techs than I do. I hope they know what they are talking about! Where are roughly at so we can see if it is plausible?

I asked about sites in Forest Lake MN.

You need to remove those site IDs, this is a public forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oops sorry about that. I noticed right after I posted. ID's removed. Hopefully I was quick enough.

Why do we care if site ids are posted? It's not like someone can figure out where your house is, and If sprint told him well then hey awesome news! I'd love band 26 (but in a4th round market that just started getting lte)

Guest kamiller42

So I'm bored with my Nexus... Anything cool or fun you guys are doing to your phones to change it up?

Automate it with Tasker. That should keep you busy a while.

Why do we care if site ids are posted? It's not like someone can figure out where your house is, and If sprint told him well then hey awesome news! I'd love band 26 (but in a4th round market that just started getting lte)

This is a public thread.  Site IDs are for S4GRU sponsors only.  They are not to be shared outside of the sponsors' area, nor indexed by search engines.

AJ

• Like 7

So I'm bored with my Nexus... Anything cool or fun you guys are doing to your phones to change it up? I'm already rooted unlocked and running Franco kernel. Just want to see what everyone else is doing on theirs.

There's a lot of xposed modules, or you could try running that new Ubuntu OS on it.

Automate it with Tasker. That should keep you busy a while.

I'm having an unexpected issue with tasker on the N5 I don't seem to get any results on cellnear scans. I think it may be because it turns 1x off when LTE is connected. I used that a lot.

Sent from Nexus 5

• Like 1

I'm having an unexpected issue with tasker on the N5 I don't seem to get any results on cellnear scans. I think it may be because it turns 1x off when LTE is connected. I used that a lot.

Sent from Nexus 5

Same problem, I would use cell near scans to enable wifi.  I do not believe you can do that anymore, :(.

So I'm bored with my Nexus... Anything cool or fun you guys are doing to your phones to change it up? I'm already rooted unlocked and running Franco kernel. Just want to see what everyone else is doing on theirs.

With the Evo 4g, epic 4g touch, and Galaxy S 3, I was a heavy flashaholic and flashed new Rom's every two weeks or every month. I originally had fun, but I get tired of having to restore all my apps all the time. I decided that my next phone was going to be something I could be satisfied with by staying stock rooted. That cut out the Galaxy line since I hated touchwiz, and as soon as I learned that the LG G2 was going to be one of the first triband phones, I thought I would get that. Here comes Google allowing the Play Store version of the Nexus 5 to be used on Sprint, and so that immediately became my next phone.

To be honest, I'm bored with it too, but the reason is because I'm so satisfied with being stock rooted that I don't feel the need to flash any custom ROM. I only have a couple of xposed modules, and there's nothing else I would really want to change. To me, it's a testament to how good the phone is as it comes out of the box.

• Like 2

Ok if I am not worried about connecting to B41 until the Spark update,which is the best rx sensitivity modem without 1x issues? Anyoned got a good link? I thought .17 was the good one but then I read .17 and .23 are the same.

So far the N5 is a damn good phone, but so was the Note 2.Its not going to be substantially better until I get some triband live. 

At my desk at work the Note 2 hovered around - 109 to -111 most of the time. Hopefully Monday the N5 will do a little better.

Ok if I am not worried about connecting to B41 until the Spark update,which is the best rx sensitivity modem without 1x issues? Anyoned got a good link? I thought .17 was the good one but then I read .17 and .23 are the same.

So far the N5 is a damn good phone, but so was the Note 2.Its not going to be substantially better until I get some triband live.

At my desk at work the Note 2 hovered around - 109 to -111 most of the time. Hopefully Monday the N5 will do a little better.

The .17 modem is the best after .15 except it doesn't connect to sites with ecsfb issues(like .15 will). I'm not sure where you read .23 was the same as .17 because everything I've read says .17 is superior and my personal experience is that .17 is superior

Near some b41 sites in Dallas and no b41. Tried .17, .15 , and all methods available to get it :/ darn haha

But I did get to connect to some small cells at the american airlines center in Dallas pretty good performance

I have xposed running on it already.

I used to play with Tasker but I control most of the stuff Tasker does on my own anyways.

I'm not really into Ubuntu. I like the look of the stock launcher better than my normal go to launcher which is Nova.

Has anyone noticed on .15 when connected to b41 and sending a text that the connection falls back to 3g then reconnects when its done

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well I connected to a different b41 site. I was able to send text messages without the phone falling back to evdo and 1x. Once I was back in the area where I was having the problem. It started again. So I take it that something is wrong with the site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Guest kamiller42

Sent from Nexus 5

Install Tasker beta. It fixes this. Cell near now accepts LTE id's in addition to CDMA.

• Like 2

Well I connected to a different b41 site. I was able to send text messages without the phone falling back to evdo and 1x. Once I was back in the area where I was having the problem. It started again. So I take it that something is wrong with the site.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I actually got b41 in Dallas ! On .15 and it connected randomly haha. I can't seem to find which method works best