Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I love My Choice, but if you track a package without logging in and it doesn't have an ETA yet, signing up for My Choice won't change that. Most likely a label has been created but it hasn't been scanned into UPS' system yet, so they can't project transport time.

-Mike

I have been skimming these for awhile and idk about you guys but in the last week I have had really bad camera issues. It crashes or can't load the camera. I have to reboot for the camera to be functional. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had this issue with Instagram and Snapchat where the apps were messing with the camera. I uninstalled, reboot and now everything is working perfectly :)

-Luis

I just downloaded the app and didn't set up my choice and it works fine tracking it. Still no additional info, maybe after work.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Label is probably printed and waiting to be packaged. If it shows received info then the PLD file has been uploaded to UPS but the feeder has not been inbouded yet on the local sort.

Label is probably printed and waiting to be packaged. If it shows received info then the PLD file has been uploaded to UPS but the feeder has not been inbouded yet on the local sort.

Looks like I get to play this weekend:

Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Friday, 02/28/2014, By End of Day

Before you do anything "fastboot OEM unlock". It doesn't break your warranty.

I guess you mean just the unlock part not the full root and custom recovery. That's the only part that wipes user data if I understand the process right. Also as I understand it I could just unlock and root and still take the OTA Spark update and do the custom recovery after without losing my data. Is that right?

I may go that route and then flash a custom recovery after 2600 works.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Guest kamiller42

I am sure it might have been mentioned but there are 232 pages to look through, does the Nexus 5 HD voice capable? Thanks.

Trying to get ideas for a new phone.

I answered a call on my wife's EVO 4G LTE the other day and realized how bad the ear piece is on the Nexus 5. It was like going from listening to a mono AM radio to a stereo FM radio. Even if the Nexus is HD voice, it doesn't matter if it's using low grade components.

I answered a call on my wife's EVO 4G LTE the other day and realized how bad the ear piece is on the Nexus 5. It was like going from listening to a mono AM radio to a stereo FM radio. Even if the Nexus is HD voice, it doesn't matter if it's using low grade components.

Coming from an EVO, I noticed the nexus 5 seemed to have poor audio quality on the ear piece until I started holding it differently. It seems far less forgiving than my EVO was.

Coming from an EVO, I noticed the nexus 5 seemed to have poor audio quality on the ear piece until I started holding it differently.

5d7f0255a7b70f027035da5d172a33e63c3454c5

AJ

• Like 5

Back onto my nexus after my N3 kept dropping calls. Woot!

What app are you guys using to calibrate your screens? I haven't seen one out there that anyone named specifically to get the job done. Something with some presets would be nice as well.

According to the folks at Anandtech, the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) are two of the best calibrated screens in the Android ecosystem.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7517/google-nexus-5-review/5

The end result is easy to sum up, however – Nexus 5 has the best calibrated display I’ve seen so far in any Android handset. It’s also leaps and bounds more accurate and controlled than its predecessor display in the Nexus 4.

According to the folks at Anandtech, the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) are two of the best calibrated screens in the Android ecosystem.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7517/google-nexus-5-review/5

I have tried screen calibration profiles and never liked the result. Switched back to stock profile and it still looks beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm having real problems staying connected to LTE recently. It started happening after I did a ton of PRL and profile updates hoping to get on band 41. I connect to a strong signal, then I drop after about 10 seconds and go to eHRPD.

I'm on PRL 55018 and the .23 radio. Any ideas?

I'm having real problems staying connected to LTE recently. It started happening after I did a ton of PRL and profile updates hoping to get on band 41. I connect to a strong signal, then I drop after about 10 seconds and go to eHRPD.I'm on PRL 55018 and the .23 radio. Any ideas?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are the sites you are trying to connect to LTE accepted sites? The PRL doesn't make a difference. Also you can try forcing it into LTE only mode, but you can't get or make call/text.

Are the sites you are trying to connect to LTE accepted sites? The PRL doesn't make a difference. Also you can try forcing it into LTE only mode, but you can't get or make call/text.

The sites I am trying to connect to have been LTE accepted for a while. I've maintained a connection on these towers with no problems in the past. It's not a CSFB issue - I know that behavior. If it were a CSFB issue, I would be connected for only a split second, rather than 10 seconds.

Yes, forcing LTE does allow me to maintain the the connection, but I'd like to be able to take calls.

The sites I am trying to connect to have been LTE accepted for a while. I've maintained a connection on these towers with no problems in the past. It's not a CSFB issue - I know that behavior. If it were a CSFB issue, I would be connected for only a split second, rather than 10 seconds.Yes, forcing LTE does allow me to maintain the the connection, but I'd like to be able to take calls.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try flashing .17 or .15. Then reflashing .23