HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

I haven't placed a call to or received a call from an HD ready device, but I will say WiFi calling is quite a bit clearer than regular voice calls.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have noticed the same thing as well, the quality is very good when using wifi calling.

I am not rooted and the Reset Mobile Connection works fine without WiFi Calling enabled.

Then it's likely an issue of the radios being disabled/unavailable while Wi-Fi calling is on, and SCP doesn't know what to do.

Sent from my LG G3

Not sure if I fully trust Wi-Fi calling for casual use. I had my fiance call me while I was on Wi-Fi calling, and she was on cellular. My phone rang, and I answered, but it just kept ringing on her end. I'll probably only use it for emergencies.

Not sure if I fully trust Wi-Fi calling for casual use. I had my fiance call me while I was on Wi-Fi calling, and she was on cellular. My phone rang, and I answered, but it just kept ringing on her end. I'll probably only use it for emergencies.

So far it's been flawless for me.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

I'm hoping that my experience with Wifi calling improves, as AT&T will be out tomorrow to investigate my DSL line. I hope they find a splice or something in the line and replace the entire run between me and the pole, I think the trouble with my extreme data use lies in that, but I've noticed that quality of wifi calling is sometimes great...but sometimes it is lacking.

If they would install an IP DSLAM instead of ATM, I would see a world of change..but I don't know if that will happen ...ever.

I've dropped back to my Airave until I see what happens tomorrow. I wish all my phones in my house were wifi calling, but I have an HTC One ...the last 1 of the 4 at my house at aren't capable. My LG G3 has it, SGS5 that my wife has, SGS5 my daughter has.  So I'm hanging onto the Airave for the HTC One, the rest "could" technically use wifi calling. I am curious how wifi calling on the same network holds up with more than one phone using it at the same time...

I'd also like to see if there are some bandwidth requirements for wifi calling, because if it does handle HD voice then it would be higher than, say, Vonage VOIP..which doesn't require but about 90mbps upload speeds to keep quality decent.

No issues here either, see if you can duplicate the issue further and let us know.

I'm hoping that my experience with Wifi calling improves, as AT&T will be out tomorrow to investigate my DSL line. I hope they find a splice or something in the line and replace the entire run between me and the pole, I think the trouble with my extreme data use lies in that, but I've noticed that quality of wifi calling is sometimes great...but sometimes it is lacking.

If they would install an IP DSLAM instead of ATM, I would see a world of change..but I don't know if that will happen ...ever.

I've dropped back to my Airave until I see what happens tomorrow. I wish all my phones in my house were wifi calling, but I have an HTC One ...the last 1 of the 4 at my house at aren't capable. My LG G3 has it, SGS5 that my wife has, SGS5 my daughter has.  So I'm hanging onto the Airave for the HTC One, the rest "could" technically use wifi calling. I am curious how wifi calling on the same network holds up with more than one phone using it at the same time...

I'd also like to see if there are some bandwidth requirements for wifi calling, because if it does handle HD voice then it would be higher than, say, Vonage VOIP..which doesn't require but about 90mbps upload speeds to keep quality decent.

90mbps or 90kbps?

Getting an authentication error when trying to connect to Wi-Fi calling... whenever I push the error message it "successfully" activates again via self service then reboots, but I still get the error.

So I officially think HTC might be the most bugged when it comes to SCP readouts. I just got some read outs of a downlink frequency of 2002.5. Everything on SCP changed. I couldn't get the Screenshot in time though. But that and It shows Rogue EVDO signal(phone signal bars show it too) and As soon as a data session tries to start it immediately goes away.

So I officially think HTC might be the most bugged when it comes to SCP readouts. I just got some read outs of a downlink frequency of 2002.5. Everything on SCP changed. I couldn't get the Screenshot in time though. But that and It shows Rogue EVDO signal(phone signal bars show it too) and As soon as a data session tries to start it immediately goes away.

Mine only does that occasionally when switching between bands.

Mine only does that occasionally when switching between bands.

Yeah it did it before with a different Downlink, I just saw the 2 At first and thought Band 41? 

Well I was rooted, un-rooted for the OTA, and sent stock recovery, Downloaded the OTA, it goes to install, now I am stuck on the Boot screen , and No combo I have tried will get me in the Bootloader screen....This crap is why I got rid of my HTC one m7

NVM I just got it too. It was being stubborn. Looks Like the Reinstall of the old recovery Went wrong when reverting to stock, and caused the issue.

I freaking live that the new HTC file manager allows moving files to the external sd card!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thats a big deal. I hope this comes to the one max

Going to hold off on trying wifi calling at home after reading the 911 disclaimers. Next time I am on a wifi system that is not mine own I will give it a try.