Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I read that and understand. Those rules don't appear to have been updated since three and a half years ago when the entire network was bad. What I meant was now for investigative purposes, on an updated LTE network. Not to bash Sprint of course . I know you guys don't know what's going on across the network at all times but you for sure know more than enough to maybe give an encouraging remark.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I read that and understand. Those rules don't appear to have been updated since three and a half years ago when the entire network was bad. What I meant was now for investigative purposes, on an updated LTE network. Not to bash Sprint of course . I know you guys don't know what's going on across the network at all times but you for sure know more than enough to maybe give an encouraging remark.

If someone posts a screenshot of a slow speed test and asks a relevant and constructive question and posted it in a place where it would be 'on topic'...then that would be OK.  However, complaints with slow speed tests will be removed as a violative post.

Robert

• Like 5

So, what would be awesome, if someone could maybe summarize framily, what is fact, what is rumor, hiccups, findings, etc.

I have 5 lines on my account, 3 are just about done contract. I have 2 family members on their own account, 1 is up 1 isn't. Can we all make a framily?

I really want to read this whole thread, but between the bitching and moaning I am turned off by it.

Really, I just want to know what the hell it is and what to expect. My local store is always jam packed, so the more I know going into it the faster I can get in and out. If someone wants to PM me, awesome. No bitching please. Over it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So, what would be awesome, if someone could maybe summarize framily, what is fact, what is rumor, hiccups, findings, etc.

I have 5 lines on my account, 3 are just about done contract. I have 2 family members on their own account, 1 is up 1 isn't. Can we all make a framily?

I really want to read this whole thread, but between the bitching and moaning I am turned off by it.

Really, I just want to know what the hell it is and what to expect. My local store is always jam packed, so the more I know going into it the faster I can get in and out. If someone wants to PM me, awesome. No bitching please. Over it.

Why don't you quit your whining and read the thread like the rest of us? What I'm over is people that want to take a shortcut in the name of "bitching and moaning." You want your summary? Go back just a few pages... Or are you too damn lazy?

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why don't you quit your whining and read the thread like the rest of us? What I'm over is people that want to take a shortcut in the name of "bitching and moaning." You want your summary? Go back just a few pages... Or are you too damn lazy?

Thanks for making my point clear.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

well i have had the Framily Plan for about three months now and not a single problem with the billing. Very happy with the way it is working out.

Donate your savings to S4GRU! :P

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Looking over our latest bill, there is a $15 Framily service charge fee.  I thought that fee was waived for devices purchased before a certain date.  The device in question is a Note 2, purchased in February of 2013.

Does anyone else remember this or possibly post a link, if in fact I'm remembering this correctly?

tia

Looking over our latest bill, there is a $15 Framily service charge fee.  I thought that fee was waived for devices purchased before a certain date.  The device in question is a Note 2, purchased in February of 2013.

Does anyone else remember this or possibly post a link, if in fact I'm remembering this correctly?

tia

I had the same problem. It was related to me ordering a new phone. They corrected it and gave me two $25 monthly credits.

• Like 2

Looking over our latest bill, there is a $15 Framily service charge fee. I thought that fee was waived for devices purchased before a certain date. The device in question is a Note 2, purchased in February of 2013.

tia

I had this issue also related to ordering an iPhone 6 on one of my lines. Took a couple tries but got it removed.

• Like 1

I had this issue also related to ordering an iPhone 6 on one of my lines. Took a couple tries but got it removed.

Thanks for the lookout. I'll comb over my bill.

It has taken so long to get the various family members to agree, but now I am thinking my window of opportunity has passed on this;

I am wanting to consolidate TWO separate 3 line ED1500 accounts, port 2 vz #'s, and add 2 new lines, for a total of 10 lines and 3 billing addresses in to a single FRAMILY, not the new family shared plan.

per @ http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Framily_Plan/315d1dfb-7fe2-4e5a-b633-36db2003ecc8?question_box=framily&id16=framily;&ECID=vanity:framily#faq6

I am a current Sprint customer and want to change my current plan to Sprint Framily Plan. I am upgrade eligible or am in an active Sprint One Up installment billing agreement.
  • Sprint Framily is only available for a customer joining an existing Framily Plan.
    • Customers who are upgrade eligible are eligible to join an existing Sprint Framily Plan.
    • Customers in an active Sprint One UpSM installment billing agreement established prior to 1/10/14 are eligible to join an existing Sprint Framily Plan. Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
      • Customers who move to the Sprint Framily Plan cannot carry over the monthly $15 installment billed discount on Unlimited, My Way or My All-in.
      • The One Up customer will maintain the annual upgrade benefit afforded to them under the program (at no additional charge per month) until the end of their current installment billing agreement provided they make their 12 consecutive Installment Agreement payments on time. When the customer elects to take advantage of the annual upgrade, the customer must enter into a new Installment Agreement and giveback current phone under an Installment Agreement. If they would like to keep the annual upgrade option, the customer will need to purchase the $20/month per line unlimited data with annual upgrades buy-up and make 12 consecutive payments to qualify for the next annual upgrade benefit.
    • Customers can join a Framily group on the customer's existing account that has not reached the 10 line maximum. The line cannot join with groups outside of the customer’s existing account.
    • Go to a Sprint store to change your plan.

It looks like at this point, I can only switch to an existing framily with less than 10 lines, which I guess would be fine if we can join a framily with only 1 line (so we can have 9 lines).

For those who work at sprint I am looking for some expert advise on if my above objective is still possible and what would be the best way to go about getting it done?

Besides all that, I would have to coordinate a sprint time/location where the 3 bill payers can meet and sign on off on all this.

At this point, there is no way that the shared family plan will work, nor will doing 10 separate unlimited lines.

What I need is the flexibility of FRAMILY unlimited & 1 gig plans, and multiple billing.

What say you?

As of sept 17th sprint will not make new framily IDs which means you can only join existing framilys by referral. Sorry to say but its too late. Meeting at a store with everyone will get you no where. Framily is all but dead at this point and everyday i see current people on framily switch to the new data share or unlimited plans.

As of sept 17th sprint will not make new framily IDs which means you can only join existing framilys by referral. Sorry to say but its too late. Meeting at a store with everyone will get you no where. Framily is all but dead at this point and everyday i see current people on framily switch to the new data share or unlimited plans.

I am down to nine on my plan. A couple of weeks ago I tried to add my father in law and they would not let him join my plan.

Ok Bummer I knew there was going to be a cut off date and was thinking/hoping for end of sept, thanks!

Other than the iphone deal, the (full) framily was a much better and flexible deal. Oh well.

Ok Bummer I knew there was going to be a cut off date and was thinking/hoping for end of sept, thanks!

Other than the iphone deal, the (full) framily was a much better and flexible deal. Oh well.

8 lines open if interested

sent from my HTC One Max

• Like 1

8 lines open if interested

sent from my HTC One Max

You should switch because no matter how you look at it you are wasting money. At 2 framily lines you are paying per a line cost are $70/unl. $60/3gb or 50/1gb. The new plans are $60 /unlimited or $50/2gb

3 lines just suddenly left my Framily of 10 today. :o

Wow. I've only lost 2, and I'm sure they were both unhappy with the service in Visalia. It fluctuates here a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk