Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

They can join an existing Framily, but can not create a new one.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

But AFAIK, the new customer would be placed under the account holder of the original Framily(as in liability & the billing would go to the existing Framily), which goes against one of the sale points that made this plan palpable(separate bills).

But AFAIK, the new customer would be placed under the account holder of the original Framily(as in liability & the billing would go to the existing Framily), which goes against one of the sale points that made this plan palpable(separate bills).

The 4 that joined my Framily this week aren't on my bill (I don't know them, posted the ID on reddit).  I am still only paying for my wife and I (2 lines).  I never gave them any info besides the Framily ID and the last 4 of my phone number.  No pin, no last name, nothing.

Anyone can still join an existing Framily and get their own bill...  I think it just depends on the rep you are working with that day.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finally had one person drop off of my Framily on Saturday.  Posted my ID on Reddit and within 24 hours I was back to 10.  So take that as another confirmation that new people can still join an existing Framily and have seperate accts/bills and that there are still people out there seeking to get on this plan. 

• Like 1

I'm kind of bummed, I tried reddit a couple times already and haven't got any response from it. Granted I only have 2 lines (Possibly 3 by Christmas) but still... I REALLY want to get my bill down.

Yeah, with Framily being a plan that is not actively pushed by Sprint anymore it is hard to get a Framily built up starting with only a couple of members.  Most of the ID's on reddit having success now are folks who already had a full framily and lost a member or two and are able to offer the max discount straight away.  I had 10, dropped to 9, put it on there and was back to 10 within 24 hrs. 

So then why did they give my two friends such a hard time????? One is joining ANOTHER friends ATT family plan and the other ran back to T-Mobile.... Meanwhile I have 8 people on my framily... Great, for now... if it drops any lower I will start to be concerned..

So then why did they give my two friends such a hard time????? One is joining ANOTHER friends ATT family plan and the other ran back to T-Mobile.... Meanwhile I have 8 people on my framily... Great, for now... if it drops any lower I will start to be concerned..

My guess is it is just depends on the rep.  I can only tell you my personal experience and my only involvement was posting my ID on reddit and waiting. 

With 8 already in your group you could post on there and have 10 pretty quick, if you are concerned about it.  It's really no big deal and you don't have to give any personal info. 

• Like 1

My guess is it is just depends on the rep.  I can only tell you my personal experience and my only involvement was posting my ID on reddit and waiting. 

With 8 already in your group you could post on there and have 10 pretty quick, if you are concerned about it.  It's really no big deal and you don't have to give any personal info. 

Thank you.  I forgot to say thank you as this is good to keep in mind.

I do wanna leave a spot or two open for now as I just might port my and my MIL's line in from VZW someday... 

Thank you. I forgot to say thank you as this is good to keep in mind.

I do wanna leave a spot or two open for now as I just might port my and my MIL's line in from VZW someday...

No worries. There just seems to be confusion over this topic and I wanted to share my experience that at this time it appears to still be possible to add new members. Obviously that could change at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I am getting frustrated about something.  In the past couple of weeks I have lost a couple of framily members, only to quickly find a new one to replace them on reddit.  I assume some of this recent turnover is due to the holidays and people buying new phones, making changes, ect.  And that is fine as long as I can keep adding new members.  My frustration is the text alerts I receive from Sprint regarding my Framily status.  When I lose a member I get a text right away letting me know that somebody has dropped.  But the last two times now when I add a member I don't get a text that somebody joined.  I know back in June when I started this I did get those texts.  My concern is that one of my framily members is also getting texts of people dropping and none with people adding and gets cold feet and becomes more inclined to leave themselves.  Maybe this is by design?  Since my framily outside of my two lines is all reddit built, hopefully those users are savvy enough to check their account before making a change and see anybody leaving is being replaced quickly. 

• 4 weeks later...

So... question... If I were to add a new line with an iPhone 6 to my Framily with my G3 on my account and I lets say, bought the iPhone 6 off of Swappa and were to put it on with 3GB, would there be the $15 charge since it isn't through Easy Pay? 

Or what is - if any still - the extra fees? There's been so many  changes and fine print it's hard to keep up with what's what.

So... question... If I were to add a new line with an iPhone 6 to my Framily with my G3 on my account and I lets say, bought the iPhone 6 off of Swappa and were to put it on with 3GB, would there be the $15 charge since it isn't through Easy Pay? 

Or what is - if any still - the extra fees? There's been so many  changes and fine print it's hard to keep up with what's what.

The $15 service charge was for having a subsidized device after a certain point.

• Like 1

I have posted Framily ID on framilycodes.com for 1 week.  Seems like its taking a little longer to fill up.  I have lost 3 in one month. We are currently at 7/10.

Is it harder to join a Framily?

I have posted Framily ID on framilycodes.com for 1 week. Seems like its taking a little longer to fill up. I have lost 3 in one month. We are currently at 7/10.

Is it harder to join a Framily?

Is it worth it spending the $15 to add it to the hotlist? I'd love to add even 1 or 2 more people to ours...

Is it worth it spending the $15 to add it to the hotlist? I'd love to add even 1 or 2 more people to ours...

Reddit's /r/sprintframily may be a better, free, option.

Reddit's /r/sprintframily may be a better, free, option.

That's what I have been doing for the past 6 months and have not had ONE person join...  <_<

How large is your framily?

Currently at 2, hope to be 3 by about May/June.

That's why - if you get into the discount zone, you'll fill it out fast.

So that's why I asked, is that "framilycodes.com" $15 fee worth it to say... "jump-start" my framily to get it to the discount zone?

Like I said, if I can add even one or two more people I'd be happy. 

So that's why I asked, is that "framilycodes.com" $15 fee worth it to say... "jump-start" my framily to get it to the discount zone?

With only 2 lines id ditch framily. If those 2 lines are unlimited you are paying 140 when the new unlimited family plan is just a 100. If you have less data such as 1gb then you are paying 100 when a 2gb family share is just 75. With so few lines you are honestly getting fucked by being on framily.

My advice is ditch framily and switch to a share or unlimited plan. Tell me how your plan is set up and ill tell you what would be best plan wise.

With only 2 lines id ditch framily. If those 2 lines are unlimited you are paying 140 when the new unlimited family plan is just a 100. If you have less data such as 1gb then you are paying 100 when a 2gb family share is just 75. With so few lines you are honestly getting fucked by being on framily.

My advice is ditch framily and switch to a share or unlimited plan. Tell me how your plan is set up and ill tell you what would be best plan wise.

Well... My mom is 1 with just 1GB (not included in my bill). I have my G3 being unlimited, soon will have an iPhone 6 with probably at least 3GB if not unlimited. But my plan was to include my grandparents as well this year... so while yes right now it hurts a little, but future wise it will go down from me alone. I'd REALLY prefer to keep my Framily if at all possible.

So with that said I'd have 5 right there... $35 for each line, Unlimited for my G3 and probably 3GB for the iPhone, right now $16.66 for Easy Pay of my G3, then whatever for the iPhone (assuming $20-22), then my Tab 3 on the $10 plan on a 2 year contract. Oh and an 18% discount too.

I was able to jump from 4 to 10 from the $15 fee. Give it a shot, doesn't hurt to try.

• Like 1

Well... My mom is 1 with just 1GB (not included in my bill). I have my G3 being unlimited, soon will have an iPhone 6 with probably at least 3GB if not unlimited. But my plan was to include my grandparents as well this year... so while yes right now it hurts a little, but future wise it will go down from me alone. I'd REALLY prefer to keep my Framily if at all possible.

So with that said I'd have 5 right there... $35 for each line, Unlimited for my G3 and probably 3GB for the iPhone, right now $16.66 for Easy Pay of my G3, then whatever for the iPhone (assuming $20-22), then my Tab 3 on the $10 plan on a 2 year contract. Oh and an 18% discount too.

35 ×5 = 175 for the base plan

20 unl data + 10 3gb = 30

18% discount off 30 = -5 40

Tablet 10

Which gives you a base price before EIB and taxes of 209.60.

A 20gb share pack would be :

$100 20gb

-$ 18 diacount

$15x5 access fees=75

$10 tab access fee

=$167

That is a savings of $42.60 each month. On framily you said 3 lines would have 1gb each and one with 3gb. If you are expecting that kind of usage then that still leaves you 14gb for yourself.

****edit i missed the part where your mom is a sperate bill. That is the one advantage to framily.