Sprint Launching New LTE Cities - December 2013

While no official press release has come down from Sprint, the coverage maps have been updated to indicate a new LTE launch is imminent! Below is a list Rickie and I put together approximating the cities that are to be launched in the coming days. It is not an exhaustive list, but should be fairly close!

Some notable launches:

San Diego, CA

Orlando, FL

St. Louis, MO

Panama City, FL

Birmingham, AL

El Paso, TX

Albany, NY

Louisville, KY

FULL LIST:

• Ablertville, AL
  • Birmingham, Al
  • Decatur, AL
  • Florence, AL
  • Gulf Shores, AL
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Muscle Shoals, AL
  • Tuscaloosa, AL
  • El Dorado, AR
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Magnolia, AR
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • San Diego, CA
  • Lake City, FL
  • Marco Island, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Panama City, FL
  • Sebastian, FL
  • The Villages, FL
  • Vero Beach, FL
  • Vero Beach, FL
  • Agusta, GA
  • Albany, GA
  • Brunswick, GA
  • Columbus, GA
  • Cordele, GA
  • Bettendorf, IA
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
  • Davenport, IA
  • Boise, ID
  • Bliss, ID
  • Mountain Home, ID
  • Twin Falls, ID
  • East Moline, IL
  • Moline, IL
  • Rock Island, IL
  • Michigan City, IN
  • Louisville, KY
  • Abbeville, LA
  • Crowley, LA
  • DeRidder, LA
  • New Iberia, LA
  • Shreveport, LA
  • Alma, MI
  • Battle Creek, MI
  • Kalamazoon, MI
  • Ludington, MI
  • Midland, MI
  • Mt. Pleasant, MI
  • Muskegon, MI
  • Traverse City, MI
  • Pascagoula, MS
  • Branson, MO
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Hickory, NC
  • Lenoir, NC
  • Lumberton, NC
  • Lumberton, NC
  • Morganton, NC
  • Roanoke Rapids, NC
  • Rockingham, NC
  • Washintion, NC
  • Fargo, ND
  • Jamestown, NY
  • Albany, NY
  • Dunkirk, NY
  • Jameston, NY
  • Mina, NY
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Clumbiana, OH
  • Salem, OH
  • Bartlesville, OK
  • Clinton, OK
  • Elk City, OK
  • Norman, OK
  • Pauls Valley, OK
  • Sayre, OK
  • Lebanon, OR
  • Clinton, SC
  • Columbia, SC
  • Gaffney, SC
  • York, SC
  • Cookeville, TN
  • Martin, TN
  • Union City, TN
  • Dumas, TS
  • Abilene, TX
  • Alice, TX
  • Andrews, TX
  • Big Spring, TX
  • Carrizo Springs, TX
  • Clarendon, TX
  • El Paso, TX
  • Lubbock, TX
  • Lufkin, TX
  • Plainview, TX
  • Uvalde, TX
  • Virgin Islands, USA
  • Bremerton, WA
  • Pullman, WA
  • Silverdale, WA
  • Vancover, WA
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Madison, WI
  • Manitowoc, WI
  • Sturgeon Bay, WI
  • Like 18

You can take Eunice, LA off the list.  That city has one site (southeast of the city) that is still NV 3G only.  It's the last site before roaming when traveling from south to north and from east to west through that city.  The cover map shows fringe LTE coverage near the city from the two adjacent sites in Church Point and Lawtell but that's due to the error/exaggeration in Sprint's LTE layer.

EDIT: Then for some reason they didn't put Opelousas on their map when in fact that site (only one in the city) has had LTE since 9/11/2013.  Maybe a CSFB thing since it's just 4G only and not 3G/4G.

You can take Eunice, LA off the list.  That city has one site (southeast of the city) that is still NV 3G only.  It's the last site before roaming when traveling from south to north and from east to west through that city.  The cover map shows fringe LTE coverage near the city from the two adjacent sites in Church Point and Lawtell but that's due to the error/exaggeration in Sprint's LTE layer.

EDIT: Then for some reason they didn't put Opelousas on their map when in fact that site (only one in the city) has had LTE since 9/11/2013.  Maybe a CSFB thing since it's just 4G only and not 3G/4G.

Dang. I didn't zoom in enough.

• Like 1

Sorry, Oct 29th (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-expands-lte-coverage-map-and-turns-on-more-4g-lte-markets.htm)  So a month and a half, if you want to get technical.

A month, a month and a half, it's all the same thing :P

• Like 2

Are we really stressing over an "official" announcement differing by 15 (ish) days.  I mean, really?  What..do you think deployment stopped during that time and just suddenly was all completed overnight for the announcement?  LOL....ok..sure.

• Like 1

Are we really stressing over an "official" announcement differing by 15 (ish) days.  I mean, really?  What..do you think deployment stopped during that time and just suddenly was all completed overnight for the announcement?  LOL....ok..sure.

Nope

Nope

Good, then.  Because we all know from the wealth of knowledge available here at s4gru where all the latest accepted towers are located, months before the general public.  With that in mind the "launches," regardless of the timing of PR newsblasts,  are moot.

• Like 1

They put up a few LTE towers in St.Thomas. Two I know for sure. Still 3g some parts of island. My house north side for one.

There are 3 towers that have LTE on st thomas and st croix as of right now.  Not sure what's the status on the remaining 5 towers on St. thomas, the remaining 2 on st croix and the 1 on st john.  But I have seen work being done on some of the other towers that doesn't have lte so hopefully the remaining towers will come online soon.

• Like 1

Hi, I have been digging around the site off and on over the last few weeks since seeing it mentioned in Digiblur's XDA PRL thread hoping to find mention of 4g LTE rollout for Roanoke, VA 24012. Anyone have any info or able to direct me to an appropriate thread to monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Up all Night Sleep all Day Nexus 5!