Sprint Launching New LTE Cities - December 2013

I they cant use these numbers since launched markets are still incomplete so it would be innacurate anyway. I was told by two ericsson guys that Sprint had a deadline to have LTE 800 on a few thousand sites. They said by Jan 1st. So either they didnt know what they was talking about or Sprint missed the date.

What 800 deadline? There was no 800 LTE deadline. They never made a promise of an 800 LTE launch before the end of the year. They wanted 3-5000 sites with 800 LTE ready, and they have that, it's just not switched on yet. That should happen pretty quickly in the next couple weeks, so long as the 800 LTE cores are ready to go tomorrow like they are supposed to be.

As far as pops coverage, I don't know. Not sure the best way to calculate that. And I'm not sure they would have said anything. You could add up the populations for all the markets listed here if you want: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm

I they cant use these numbers since launched markets are still incomplete so it would be innacurate anyway. I was told by two ericsson guys that Sprint had a deadline to have LTE 800 on a few thousand sites. They said by Jan 1st. So either they didnt know what they was talking about or Sprint missed the date.

Nothing was missed. 800 LTE is ready to go on thousands of sites. What am I missing?

Wasn't there something in the quarterly reports where they said 800 LTE would be launched by the end of the year?

No, it said they wanted to have 3-5000 sites on-air. It's true that didn't quite happen.

I don't see thousands of acceptance reports that's all im saying.

Just wait a week.The sites are ready. What's happening in Houston will be happening all over the place in certain markets here shortly.

• Like 1

Just wait a week.The sites are ready. What's happening in Houston will be happening all over the place in certain markets here shortly.

Can you point me in the direction of the Houston 800 info? I hear about it in various threads but when I look for discussion in Houston threads I can never find anything.

Thanks

Can you point me in the direction of the Houston 800 info? I hear about it in various threads but when I look for discussion in Houston threads I can never find anything.

Thanks

Pretty sure that information is only available by becoming a premier sponsor... I believe..

Thanks

Pretty sure that information is only available by becoming a premier sponsor... I believe..

Look at the map at the bottom of this post, there are more now than then.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-358-sprint-scores-an-800-on-the-lte/

• Like 1

Look at the map at the bottom of this post, there are more now than then.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-358-sprint-scores-an-800-on-the-lte/

Thanks for the link. I read that article a when it came out. Excellent write up. I was hoping there was some discussion about performance and stuff in a thread for the market(s) that maybe I have been missing. Doesn't sound like it or I am not privy to it. Which is fine, I just didn't want to be overlooking it.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the link. I read that article a when it came out. Excellent write up. I was hoping there was some discussion about performance and stuff in a thread for the market(s) that maybe I have been missing. Doesn't sound like it or I am not privy to it. Which is fine, I just didn't want to be overlooking it.

Thanks for the replies.

No one has reported being able to connect to them yet.

And that would be why nobody is talking about how it's working.

Makes sense now.

Performance will be the same in most areas since it will be a 5mhz paired LTE link just like the PCS side. The big difference will of course be the lower frequency and not many handsets being able to use this band at first. But will the network want to bump you over to a saturated PCS LTE channel when a nice clean 800mhz one is sitting there waiting is the big question I have.

• Like 1

Performance will be the same in most areas since it will be a 5mhz paired LTE link just like the PCS side. The big difference will of course be the lower frequency and not many handsets being able to use this band at first. But will the network want to bump you over to a saturated PCS LTE channel when a nice clean 800mhz one is sitting there waiting is the big question I have.

I was thinking about that yesterday. Wasn't sure if setting the priority band would handle that or not. A custom PRL wouldn't help any for LTE. So, yeah I guess this is a big unknown at the moment.

• Like 1