LTE Speed Tests

blakebaa

Hey guys, I have been watching videos of sprints LTE speeds for about a year now. I don't have an LTE capable device, so I am just curious. What are some of your fastest speeds on LTE? 

Hey guys, I have been watching videos of sprints LTE speeds for about a year now. I don't have an LTE capable device, so I am just curious. What are some of your fastest speeds on LTE? 

Current fastest possible speed is 37.5 mbps on a Sprint Phone.  No Tri-band phones to utilize the 2.5/2.6Ghz spectrum are available yet.  Users of Tri-band HotSpots have seen speeds in the 40-50mbps range when physically tethered to the hotspot.

Current fastest possible speed is 37.5 mbps on a Sprint Phone.  No Tri-band phones to utilize the 2.5/2.6Ghz spectrum are available yet.  Users of Tri-band HotSpots have seen speeds in the 40-50mbps range when physically tethered to the hotspot.

Cool! I just want to see some pics of what the everyday user is getting so I know what to be ready for! Thanks for the info though!

Cool! I just want to see some pics of what the everyday user is getting so I know what to be ready for! Thanks for the info though!

Pics from an every day user would run the gamut from less than 1Mbps to 38Mbps. It depends on when, where, what device, signal strength and signal quality.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I have pulled 39.x mbps off the Sprint LTE network in Tulsa.  I understand that is past the theoretical limit.   I have never had an upload speed exceed 15. 

-Will

Cool, cool. With my 3G right now I hardly exceed 1mbps... So I am getting excited to pick up my G2!

Pics from an every day user would run the gamut from less than 1Mbps to 38Mbps. It depends on when, where, what device, signal strength and signal quality.

Yeah, once again, I just want to know what I could be seeing. Whether it is at school, home, work, travelling. I just want to know what I could be expecting.

I have pulled 39.x mbps off the Sprint LTE network in Tulsa. I understand that is past the theoretical limit. I have never had an upload speed exceed 15.

-Will

I too have had a few 39Mbps speed tests. Even one hit 40Mbps in Waco.

• Like 1

Wow... I would be very pleased with those speeds! :)

Yeah, once again, I just want to know what I could be seeing. Whether it is at school, home, work, travelling. I just want to know what I could be expecting.

6, if you have <-95dBm signal. 

I don't know if you remember, but early on during NV's progress in Tulsa I was "plagued" with these 3G speed tests that ran in excess of 10mbps. Tulsa defies technological limits? Quite possibly.

-Will

• Like 1

6, if you have <-95dBm signal. 

I don't know if you remember, but early on during NV's progress in Tulsa I was "plagued" with these 3G speed tests that ran in excess of 10mbps. Tulsa defies technological limits? Quite possibly.

-Will

I wish I had that 3G!! Did you test it on multiple servers??

I wish I had that 3G!! Did you test it on multiple servers??

It was a fluke, only happened a few times; 3 I believe.  When it happened it was PING/ long extended network pause/preamble? then a gargantuan surge of 3G data, in excess of 10mbps.  It did happen across multiple servers, Tulsa Perimeter and BTC Cable are two that i can recall for sure.  This is theoretically impossible, however when it did happen I was able to leave my location that it happened and locate NV crews within a few miles of the "surge".

-Will

I usually get 8 down and 7 up here in Atlanta.  And this is inside.  In densely populated Midtown.  Ran a speedtest just now and it was right inline with what I just stated.  Not bad for being indoors on a 5x5 deployment.  No video lag whatsoever....like, ever.

I usually get 8 down and 7 up here in Atlanta.  And this is inside.  In densely populated Midtown.  Ran a speedtest just now and it was right inline with what I just stated.  Not bad for being indoors on a 5x5 deployment.  No video lag whatsoever....like, ever.

Awesome, because at my school, I only get 2 bars of 3G and get 0.2-0.6 down... And when I get my G2, I am hoping to be able to have decent LTE speeds so I can tether and actually use my phone with my friends... I am really glad to hear those types of speeds, especially since I am in a smaller town (around 20,000 people). Really looking forward to this.

I get anywherefrom 10-38 daily, depending on how far I am away. Usually around 105-120 it is equivalent to 3g, sometimes slower, but that is extreme edge cell signal.

I get anywherefrom 10-38 daily, depending on how far I am away. Usually around 105-120 it is equivalent to 3g, sometimes slower, but that is extreme edge cell signal.

Across from my neighborhood at -114 dBm on LTE, I got about 4Mbps down and 0.3 up.  Definitely worked well for everything I threw at it.  You don't really need anymore than a steady 1mbps for just about anything (even streaming video).  Pandora works fine for my ride and that's mostly what I care about. ;)

I have pulled 39.x mbps off the Sprint LTE network in Tulsa.  I understand that is past the theoretical limit.   I have never had an upload speed exceed 15. 

-Will

I have hit 18+ up, pretty sure 20+, have to find my speed tests.

• Like 1

I very rarely ever see my LTE speeds below 6mbps. I'm usually in the 8-25mbps range through town, with spike over 30mbps. Even with -110 to -114dBm signal, it will still hit 6mbps. My sprint LTE experience in Jax is awesome and usually faster than my Verizon service.

Across from my neighborhood at -114 dBm on LTE, I got about 4Mbps down and 0.3 up.  Definitely worked well for everything I threw at it.  You don't really need anymore than a steady 1mbps for just about anything (even streaming video).  Pandora works fine for my ride and that's mostly what I care about. ;)

At my house I get pretty much that exact same speed on that kind of signal strength. I also get -95 to -105 dBm of NV 3G where I usually get <150 ms and <0.8Mbps down and up, and I'm still able to browse the internet and listen to Pandora acceptably quickly.

• Like 1

I tested my mother in law's LG OG the other night while setting up her Google account. This was inside my stucco house wrapped in wire frame, heavy insulation and triple pane windows at approximately 10 pm. I got 33.6 mbps down and somewhere around 9 mbps up. I was pretty happy since that blows my Comcast xfinity Internet out of the water. On 3G I have gotten over 2.5 mbps down and just at 1 mbps up. That's what I call "The Now Network".

• Like 1

On a recent trip to San Diego County from my home here in Las Vegas I got a variety of speeds thru-out North County: hit 30 Mbps at the junction of 215 with I15; about 5 down in Fallbrook; zero connect at Courtyard Marriott in Oceanside; about 3 down in San Marcos at Sycamore & the 78( this last one was with -92 dBm signal strength); SD is NOT yet launched but has come a long ways with LTE since my last trip in May;