LTE Speed Tests

blakebaa

I get less than 4 down with -100 most of the time. Sometimes it'll hit 4. It's usually usable, at least.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

They must have done some work around here. I just got over 5 down and 2 up with a -110 dBm signal.

Finally got to use Sprint LTE for the first time today on my moms new S3. I got around 14-15 down and 5-7 up. I would not complain with those speeds. :)

Out here in Salt Lake City (with the extremely limited LTE service) the highest I ever hit was about 25 up and I think it was about 7 down with full bars. I was very pleased!

I think you may have those switched around.  ;)

• Like 1

Why is Sprints network still constantly losing to all of the other carriers when it comes to speed test average, latency, consistency, and coverage? I never see a article that doesn't have Sprint in last place. I would think since the 3G and LTE is at least 60% complete the results would be far better now.

I only wish I knew what T-Mobile was doing to get 40ms latency on LTE and HSPA on some of the NYC speed tests at 5x5 as well as some of the STL speed tests I've seen. What kind of work are they doing to get such low latency? Radios in the antenna? That would only explain their Ericsson markets, what are they doing in NSN markets? Some sort of engineering secret sauce?

The range for Sprint NV sites on LTE seems to hit the 60's in STL. I still wonder where T-Mo gets the extra 20ms.

I only wish I knew what T-Mobile was doing to get 40ms latency on LTE and HSPA on some of the NYC speed tests at 5x5 as well as some of the STL speed tests I've seen. What kind of work are they doing to get such low latency? Radios in the antenna? That would only explain their Ericsson markets, what are they doing in NSN markets? Some sort of engineering secret sauce?

The range for Sprint NV sites on LTE seems to hit the 60's in STL. I still wonder where T-Mo gets the extra 20ms.

Could it have something to do with the kind of backhaul that T-Mobile uses?

Too much spectrum for too few subscribers.  Additionally, since it is "sacred cow" pure 3GPP, T-Mobile's network should be a bit more streamlined than Sprint's hybrid network.

AJ

• Like 2

So, one thing I would REALLY like to see is some TD-LTE speed tests. With the new Tri-band devices being launched, I want to see how amazing they will be on TD-LTE. :) If any of you guys know where you could get a TD-LTE connection, try and test it out! :D

So, one thing I would REALLY like to see is some TD-LTE speed tests. With the new Tri-band devices being launched, I want to see how amazing they will be on TD-LTE. :) If any of you guys know where you could get a TD-LTE connection, try and test it out! :D

check the last few pages of the lg g2 user thread.

IMG_0042_zpsffd11edf.jpg

A gentle reminder these speed tests suck up bandwidth like a Dyson. That's 165 MB for four speed tests.  :(

Be careful so the other people on the network have enough to go around!

Posted Image

A gentle reminder these speed tests suck up bandwidth like a Dyson. That's 165 MB for four speed tests. :(

Be careful so the other people on the network have enough to go around!

Seeing how that status bar says Verizon,I'd be more careful not to give more money for overages .

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Seeing how that status bar says Verizon,I'd be more careful not to give more money for overages .

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm on a 4GB plan shared with my mother who has 300 MB of data usage a month. Like Robert, I live in a Sprint no zone (as in no native service.) So I make do with what I can. 

Here's some eye candy. Check out the LG G2 Users thread for more.

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 3

In my experience:

Tmo LTE ping: 30-60ms on average

Sprint LTE ping: 50-80ms on average

ATT LTE ping: 60-90ms on average

VZW LTE ping: 80-150ms on average

Sprint's average ping is just fine in comparison. And compared to VZW pings I average, it blows it out of the water. But Tmo LTE does consistently have the best pings I've ever seen. I don't know what VZW does to its LTE network, but it impacts their pings. And they fluctuate wildly. And if I go to my VZW hotspot, the pings will vary from 100ms to 300ms!!! More than any other LTE hotspot than the other carriers.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Could it have something to do with the kind of backhaul that T-Mobile uses?

T-Mobile's back haul isn't more than 50 Mbps in STL, yet I have got 30-40 Mbps on a friend's TMo Note 3, which backs up AJ's theory of too much spectrum, too few subscribers. The markets where TMobile is over 30 MHz of AWS, is excessive for now. Maybe not in the future, but I really doubt T-Mobile needs more than what they have in AWS there for a long time. This doesn't even cover the markets where they have an overflow of spectrum. Even with DC-HSPA, they still have 10 MHz for GSM which at this point should be tossed in the garage heap.

• Like 1