Current & Coming Soon Sprint Communities - LTE Status

Dkoellerwx

It was on the Sprint press release, which is why it was listed here. Any of the Blue, Green, or Red pins have been listed in official Sprint documents. They won't be removed, unless Sprint changes their mind. It's only the Yellow pins that I'm picking and guessing on my own.

Interesting. :thx:

Update!

Cities with LTE Available (Yellow pins): 29

• Birmingham, AL
  • Oxford, AL
  • El Centro CA
  • Winsted, CT
  • Brunswick, GA
  • Dublin, GA
  • Macon, GA
  • Alexandria, LA
  • Hannibal, MO
  • St. Peters, MO
  • Cornith, MS
  • Jackson, MS
  • Laure, MS
  • Meridian, MS
  • Pascagoula, MS
  • Washington, NC
  • Carson City, NV
  • Hicksville, NY
  • Islip, NY
  • Long Island, NY
  • Port Jefferson, NY
  • Cincinnati, OH !!!
  • Bartlesville, OK
  • Clinton, OK
  • Elk City, OK
  • Greenville, SC
  • Abilene, TX
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Sturgeon Bay, WI

Cities now in Pre-Launch (Green Pins): 5

• Albany, GA
  • Goldsboro, NC
  • Rocky MT, NC
  • Beaumont, TX
  • Port Arthur, TX
  • Like 5

Update!

Cities with LTE Available (Yellow pins): 29

• Birmingham, AL
  • Oxford, AL
  • El Centro CA
  • Winsted, CT
  • Brunswick, GA
  • Dublin, GA
  • Macon, GA
  • Alexandria, LA
  • Hannibal, MO
  • St. Peters, MO
  • Cornith, MS
  • Jackson, MS
  • Laure, MS
  • Meridian, MS
  • Pascagoula, MS
  • Washington, NC
  • Carson City, NV
  • Hicksville, NY
  • Islip, NY
  • Long Island, NY
  • Port Jefferson, NY
  • Cincinnati, OH !!!
  • Bartlesville, OK
  • Clinton, OK
  • Elk City, OK
  • Greenville, SC
  • Abilene, TX
  • Amarillo, TX
  • Sturgeon Bay, WI

Cities now in Pre-Launch (Green Pins): 5

• Albany, GA
  • Goldsboro, NC
  • Rocky MT, NC
  • Beaumont, TX
  • Port Arthur, TX

Glad to see another Ohio city! Sprint is really picking up its pace now lets make the 419 next!

Springfield has been a mess. Sometimes I get 800 others RTT. There seems to be a lot better data and when 800 is up great voice. The wife's iPhone 4s has horrible voice seemingly no matter what. I'm hoping it gets better sooner since she makes more voice calls than I do. Better data helps out at work for tunes though.

Can add Carson City, NV to the map. Someone actually mapped on sensorly!

Auburn,CA definitely has LTE active. Zoomed in on sensorly shows a long streak stretching across the small city.

Also might need to keep an eye on Auburn, CA as sensorly is showing a few dots of LTE in that area!

Springfield has been a mess. Sometimes I get 800 others RTT. There seems to be a lot better data and when 800 is up great voice. The wife's iPhone 4s has horrible voice seemingly no matter what. I'm hoping it gets better sooner since she makes more voice calls than I do. Better data helps out at work for tunes though.

On the sprint site there has been a lot of upgrades in Springfield...could they be LTE?

Most of the upgrades are getting backhaul in place for Network Vision to take place. There are probably towers that have some equipment on the ground too. I haven't been around to look in Springfield so I can't say for sure.

Most of the upgrades are getting backhaul in place for Network Vision to take place. There are probably towers that have some equipment on the ground too. I haven't been around to look in Springfield so I can't say for sure.

Well anything is better than what we got now I suppose. I sure wish they would work on the rest of Illinois like how they have done Chicago's area. I no Decatur is horrible. Any store I'm in I completely lose all service.

Can add Carson City, NV to the map. Someone actually mapped on sensorly!

Auburn,CA definitely has LTE active. Zoomed in on sensorly shows a long streak stretching across the small city.

Also might need to keep an eye on Auburn, CA as sensorly is showing a few dots of LTE in that area!

Read the posts much? Lol

Added it in the last update.

Sent from my HTC ONE

On the sprint site there has been a lot of upgrades in Springfield...could they be LTE?

No luck so far. We do have a lot better 3G. Used to be really weak at work but is a lot better now.

I don't so much mind it. I know I'm getting something good at the end of the day. The wife isn't so understanding. :ph34r: :P

O ya I don't really mind it either, especially for the price because I'm actually through virgin mobile! Lol. But I got the galaxy victory rooted so I'm ready for some LTE love lol.

I would think Macomb is well underway as those sites have had fiber for sometime now. That was installed back when iPCS was still in charge of the network there. The tower on the east side of town appears to have the NV antennas installed. If I remember right the south side (WIU) antennas are on the water tower. I would hope they are working on that one but I'm not sure how they are going to do that without disrupting service. They have that rack completely filled with antennas (4+ each side). Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that speeds are getting better in areas in Bloomington. That would suggest that work is taking place on the backhaul.

Mind getting some Sensorly on next time you're up in McDonough Co?

Mind getting some Sensorly on next time you're up in McDonough Co?

That is a no go as I have a DuraMax, I don't even know where 4G is located just where antennas have been added. I have noticed most of the areas in the western part of the market seems to have the 3G side turned on. I gauge that by picking up 800 and actually being able to make a call and it being stable. Signal has improved a bit but it is very finicky. Move an inch and it will go from decent to nothing on 800. I hope they get that fixed when they turn up the other towers in the area. I have noticed that calls will not transfer from the Rushville tower to any other around it. I would guess since these towers are fairly rural they are not doing the cluster roll out on the 3G side of things. Another issue I have is my phone will drop a call on 800 to move to 1900 while connected to the same tower. Very annoying and it is not suppose to work that way.

Some big news today, so I though I'd post an update!

Salt Lake City has LTE!

Also: Cordele, GA

Now in Pre-launch:

• Lafayette, LA
  • Greenville, MS

Also, I saw a post claiming LTE in Key West. I'd love to add that as well, but so far have not seen proof.

• Like 2