Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

you lucky i am in roanoke va and i get 0.10up and 0.50down consenstly

You do realize that's the speed of Tmo 2G, right? So that's the max you ever would have. At least on Sprint 3G, you can get up to 2.65Mbps. And you can get LTE when you travel. Whereas if you use Tmo 2G, that's all you'd have even when you travel into Tmo LTE coverage.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You do realize that's the speed of Tmo 2G, right? So that's the max you ever would have. At least on Sprint 3G, you can get up to 2.65Mbps. And you can get LTE when you travel. Whereas if you use Tmo 2G, that's all you'd have even when you travel into Tmo LTE coverage.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Such coverage.. very wow.

PYDIhPM.png

• Like 2

thanks that [rpberly better than what im getting right now tho which is 0.50up and 0.10 with sprint and ty for all the help im googling 2g speeds now

That's all you would get on 2G. If that. 2G is slow slow slow. I don't think you're getting it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

I do get with everyone saying, it just when i bought my iphone 5s i bought me an warrenty with it squaretrade, and also spoke with an sprint service rep, they told me it can be unlocked they just dont know how to do it, but the code is 000000

I do get with everyone saying, it just when i bought my iphone 5s i bought me an warrenty with it squaretrade, and also spoke with an sprint service rep, they told me it can be unlocked they just dont know how to do it, but the code is 000000

Specifically, devices manufactured with a SIM slot within the past three years (including, but not limited to, all Apple iPhone devices), cannot be unlocked to accept a different domestic carrier's SIM for use on another domestic carrier's network. Sprint has no technological process available to do this. In accordance with Sprint's voluntary commitment contained within CTIA's Consumer Code for Wireless Service (“Unlocking Commitment”), Sprint is working to ensure that all devices developed and launched on or after February 11, 2015 are capable of being unlocked domestically

• Like 2

nexus 5?

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

nexus 5?

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

Inherently unlocked. An exception to that rule. The difference being it was manufactured by Google, for Google, rather than being manufactured specifically for Sprint like all other devices.

• Like 1

So any news on the actual topic of this thread?

Not that I know of. I believe more info will come out once CCA goes into full force as Ntelos was clearly seen on the screen of carriers that participate in the CCA . 

NTelos to host Q1 2014 Earnings Call on May 7th at 10am ET. 

Details:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ntelos-host-conference-call-may-200500930.html

Maybe there will finally be some news.  But don't hold your breath. 

Is there a way to listen into the earnings call live? Should have RTFL!

What better way to spend the last day of classes!

Edited by anthonyrinaldi

Just listened to the call. No comment on any negotiation with Sprint. No mention of CCA AT ALL. When asked about Sprint looking at sites for their own infrastructure in the market, nTelos indicated it was not happening.

This pretty much tears it. I'll be gone if there isn't light at the end of the tunnel by when I can get an iPhone 6. It is inexcusable the way Sprint ignores this market. AT&T switched on LTE here officially yesterday. 

I have big worries nTelos is a part of the CCA according to Sprint entirely due to the existing 3G agreement. 

Edited by Jimmy James

Just listened to the call. No comment on any negotiation with Sprint. No mention of CCA AT ALL. When asked about Sprint looking at sites for their own infrastructure in the market, nTelos indicated it was not happening.

This pretty much tears it. I'll be gone if there isn't light at the end of the tunnel by when I can get an iPhone 6. It is inexcusable the way Sprint ignores this market. AT&T switched on LTE here officially yesterday. 

I can't blame you for leaving, but is Sprint really ignoring the market? It's not even an actual Sprint market. Sprint can't do anything about it, other than threaten to cut ties with nTelos and leave Sprint subscribers there with no network, or overbuild. Both of which would be even more disruptive than what is currently happening. 

I would at least like to know what exactly is holding it all back... It sucks how in the dark we are about it. They announce the whole CCA deal but nothing really followed yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't blame you for leaving, but is Sprint really ignoring the market? It's not even an actual Sprint market. Sprint can't do anything about it, other than threaten to cut ties with nTelos and leave Sprint subscribers there with no network, or overbuild. Both of which would be even more disruptive than what is currently happening. 

Until I found this site, absolutely nothing Sprint ever said in any way disclosed to me the situation in this market. They certainly sold me services for years as though they they existed here. I'm hardly their only subscriber in the area.

I don't think overbuilding would be more disruptive. They have a 3G contract with nTelos. At least then there would be evidence of a light at the end of a tunnel. As it is, I have absolutely no idea if I re-up with Sprint what would conceivably be different at the end of 2 years. 

We canceled my wife's line with Sprint and went with nTelos. Ignorant to pay more money plus 'premium data charge' for LTE service we'll never get.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is much smarter to buy service from a company who actually has service in your area. Glad you're no longer ignorant. Best of luck to you.

I'm still curious what, if anything, this really means for those of us Sprint customers in nTelos land

Another question: if my family jumps ship for another carrier, are our Sprint phones now worthless?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk