Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Yea i do that how it works thanks and that the way i travek

Shentel has a great network. Ntelos, on the other hand, not so much. The next time you go to NY (assuming NYC), if you're on I-81, watch your phone and it will be on LTE for 99% of your trip from just before Harrisonburg VA until you turn off onto I-78. That is Shentel territory. Then you hit Sprint native territory just a little bit after getting on I-78.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Petitioning Sprint doesn't do much. Sprint doesn't have a network in Roanoke. Sprint does have a network in Richmond. Sprint is upgrading it's network in Richmond. Simple as that.

You need to petition nTelos to get anything done.

That or get Sprint to overbuild nTelos, which isn't likely to happen at this point. 

• Like 1

I am not mad at sprint, i still like sprint, it just I am not paying for ntelos, i am paying for sprint, and why is it, that  everywhere i go it is sprint towers, but not in roanoke va, that shouldnt be fair

Sprint will have nTelos LTE via the CCA if nothing else. I would imagine CCA LTE will be available to Sprint customers soon.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Sprint will have nTelos LTE via the CCA if nothing else. I would imagine CCA LTE will be available to Sprint customers soon.

well i hope it soon, cuz i am reading something that it will end in june or july 2015 which when my contract is up

well i hope it soon, cuz i am reading something that it will end in june or july 2015 which when my contract is up

You're talking about the existing Sprint/nTelos agreement. I'm talking about the new CCA parternership that Sprint has with regional providers all around the country.

I believe CCA refers to the Competitive Carriers Association which Sprint has recently joined.  I hope that since Sprint is a part of this, it will be less likely to roam in areas where Sprint has limited coverage.  I would love to join Sprint and they have good Sprint (Ntelos) coverage at my house, but at my workplace, only half the building gets the signal.  Sadly, it ends just before it reaches my desk.  Oh, I can connect, but it is roaming on Verizon.

Here's a link to Sprint's newsroom on the CCA.

How soon would you estimate or think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't make an educated guess. But I'm hoping within 90 days. Sprint specifically included the nTelos logo in their CCA presentation of carriers that they will offer LTE with. So it will happen. It's just a matter of when.

• Like 3

so if they keep saying no, what i have to do be forceful or something, any suggestions

The Sprint iPhone isn't built with the equipment to be compatible with other networks. You might be able to activated it on say T-Mobile, but you'll never get LTE, just 2G.

this what sprint told me on fb

hank you for posting. Some Apple devices have an MSL code, while others do not.
- However, even unlocking the software using the MSL code will not enable these phones to operate on a domestic carrier's network.
- Apple phones sold for use on Sprint's network are designed with an external SIM slot and sold with a SIM card to operate on Sprint's network.
- Those devices are not enabled for use on a different domestic carrier's network because the Sprint-specific CDMA requirements are hardcoded in the firmware of the device and downloaded for operation on Sprint's network and specific frequencies.
- This is true even within Sprint's Network, for instance between Sprint and Virgin Mobile.
- These phones, if sold through a Sprint channel, were not engineered as a universal domestic device.
- Sprint does not currently have the ability to enable the SIM slot, or unlock this function, to accept another domestic carrier's SIM card for use on a domestic carrier's network.
- There is no technological process available to do this.
- Even if these devices have MSL codes that can be unlocked, the SIM cannot be enabled for use on a domestic carrier's network - Kenneisha

thanks im ok with that anything us bette rthan 0.05mb up an 0.50m down and that on full bars

I don't know where your at but I get 1.8mb down and 0.98mb up.... That's not to bad for EVDO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1