Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I'm still curious what, if anything, this really means for those of us Sprint customers in nTelos land

Another question: if my family jumps ship for another carrier, are our Sprint phones now worthless?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

If they are recent model phone in decent shape Sprint will buy them back. But yes most of the time they are no good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by bbostwick8

I'm still curious what, if anything, this really means for those of us Sprint customers in nTelos land

Another question: if my family jumps ship for another carrier, are our Sprint phones now worthless?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

If they are recent model phone in decent shape Sprint will buy them back. But yes most of the time they are no good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ebay or Craigslist is always an option. Not completely worthless. 

The good news about telephones for anybody leaving is that Sprint model phones that can be used with FreedomPop's bring your own device feature. That should increase demand for phones useful for those functions. Then again, my old phone and my wife's will be going to our children for use as basically an iPod touch type device no matter if I'm staying or going. 

Not sure if this is useful for you folks here or not (Richmond vs SW Va market) but just south of Harrisonburg Va on I-81 I picked up Sprint LTE for the first time while traveling.

post-28780-140042141046_thumb.jpg

post-28780-140042144162_thumb.jpg

Sent from my "Up All Night Sleep All Day" Nexus 5!

Edited by mpgrimm2
  • Like 2

I'm sure there is no chance that Ntelos/Sprint users will be able to use this new Fixed LTE service that Ntelos is rolling out in the Roanoke, VA region but it never hurts to ask ..  

Is this going to be strictly for home computer use or do ya'll think the cell phones will benefit from this fixed wireless w/ Dish Network?

http://www,.telecompetitor.com/ntelos-fixed-wireless-expansion-planned-extending-dish-agreement/

Not sure if this is useful for you folks here or not (Richmond vs SW Va market) but just south of Harrisonburg Va on I-81 I picked up Sprint LTE for the first time while traveling.

attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1400421410301.jpg

attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1400421441276.jpg

You are/were in the Shentel market there.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sure there is no chance that Ntelos/Sprint users will be able to use this new Fixed LTE service that Ntelos is rolling out in the Roanoke, VA region but it never hurts to ask ..  

Is this going to be strictly for home computer use or do ya'll think the cell phones will benefit from this fixed wireless w/ Dish Network?

http://www,.telecompetitor.com/ntelos-fixed-wireless-expansion-planned-extending-dish-agreement/

http://www.telecompetitor.com/ntelos-fixed-wireless-expansion-planned-extending-dish-agreement/

You are/were in the Shentel market there.

Even though it showed "Sprint" in Signal Check app?

Thank you for the info just the same.

..... in Lynchburg but its another to tease me about it.

Lol. "All around you". I'm with ya.

Edited by mpgrimm2

Even though it showed "Sprint" in Sensorly?

Thank you for the info just the same.

It will still show as Sprint on your phone in the Shentel market. There's another thread on this site for that market too. It begins just south of Harrisonburg on I-81 and goes into the Harrisburg PA area. It covers a fairly sizable area.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn't even read that...what an awful title and would be funny if it wasnt me in the epicenter.  Sprint needs some serious help with their communication and I've been saying this well before the largest penalty ever handed out by the FCC for improper communications just a few days ago. 

• Like 1

Wow.  There is a conference call and presentation up this morning on ir.ntelos.com too.

• Like 1

The "ready no later than 2017" is pretty much a downer though. I hope it's more like this summer than three years from now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The "ready no later than 2017" is pretty much a downer though. I hope it's more like this summer than three years from now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My read of the transcripts is 2017 for 100% completion and deployment of all equipment (particularly for bands 26 and 41 as none is there now). I suspect that the already live 1900 LTE sites on nTelos network would be 'soon'.

In accordance with the terms of the Agreement, the NTELOS Entities are required to upgrade their network in the Market to 4G long term evolution technology

(“LTE”), with such upgrade to be substantially complete by May 2017. Failure by the NTELOS Entities to build out the LTE network in the Market in a timely fashion would constitute an event of default and give Sprint the right to terminate the Agreement. Sprint may construct its own cell sites or take such other action to provide geographic coverage in a portion of the Marketserved by the NTELOS Entities in which their network does not offer coverage and Sprint has requested that the NTELOS Entities provide coverage and the NTELOS Entities decline

So..... After reading bits and pieces.... Do we have access to LTE now..? Or when will we have access?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think he said only 10% of their current LTE rollout is reusable at this time.  I wonder if that just means they've only rolled out 10% of LTE in their entire network though.  Can someone in Waynesboro, Beckley, or wherever else they've rolled out LTE initially test it out?

I just turned on my LTE, trying to connect if possible.....

After toggling airplane mode on and off repeatedly, no connection. Maybe some carrier update is needed. Or some OTA update to the towers themselves....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by shawneyboy123

Unless your device supports the bands they are currently deployed on (LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE1900 (B2), LTE700 (B12) are good bets since the nTelos Galaxy S5 variant supports those bands), I know my Nexus 5 supports some of these frequencies but given how the Spark update is working out I suspect a software update would be needed for my device to connect even on supported bands, if nTelos is allowing it yet.

This is good news. Now it's all about when are they going to open up Sprint LTE customers on their existing network. Sprint Band 25 devices will work on all nTelos Band 2 LTE sites. Band 25 is all PCS including G block. Band 2 is all PCS, except G block. So every Band 25 device can run on any PCS spectrum (minus H block, which is not out there yet).

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8