Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Something I've noticed being in an area where the US Cellular 3G roaming is, Sprint really held back the roaming threshold of their phones. I'm on -120 3G in an area where I would usually stay on full bars of USC 1X. Service is totally unusable even for standard Text Messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for Shentel ;)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Any info you're free to share regarding what's happening where will be wildly appreciated! I'm thinking of timelines for specific areas - C'ville (my personal fav), etc.

Maybe on one of the sponsor threads?

Sent from Tapatalk on either my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1, it kinda depends

• Like 1

Any info you're free to share regarding what's happening where will be wildly appreciated! I'm thinking of timelines for specific areas - C'ville (my personal fav), etc.

I can tell you this annoucement was made to the company and the public at about the same time. There is no timeline yet though there will be signifigant discussion and planning before the deal offically closes so the deployment goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.

• Like 1

www.welcometoshentel.com shows maps of future LTE coverage. After the deal closes in a few months I would anticipate aggressive LTE build out and coverage expansion. But that's just me...

Since it isn't closing until 2016 we are probably looking at the same completion time but at least it will be much better when it is completed

As if nTelos would have completed on time.  HAH!

• Like 8

Once the network upgrades are completed in the WV markets there will no longer be any shame in saying that I am a Sprint customer. LOL

Since Shentel does a better job than AT&T and Verizon in most places they serve, I think it will eventually be that way in nTelos areas too.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 3

Does this mean that this thread will need to be moved/merged to the Shentel thread sooner or later???? :o

I'm thinking we should probably wait until the transaction is finalized. There are already 2 threads for Shentel though. One public and one premier sponsor only. I'm sure they will pick up once the flurry of activity picks up.

Sent from my Note 4.

I am sure Sprint will eventually buy Shentel's wireless business and bring it in house. Not now but in 5 years.

I hope this does not happen. Shentel has proven to be an outstanding affiliate/supplier, and does an arguably better job at network management then what is done in-house (and thru Ericsson) at Sprint.

If anything I would like them to take over the management of the Western PA market and to get all those GMOs updated to full builds and get some market share. In the case of Shentel they would likely invest more than Sprint has (and will) in that area due to the regional nature and interest of their business.

Shentel has been a great example of functional specialization: "A method of production where a business or area focuses on the production of a limited scope of products or services in order to gain greater degrees of productive efficiency within the entire system of business or areas"

• Like 4