Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

First let say I was not connected where I could use data. I put my phone in lte only on the engineering screen I seen this.2015-05-21%2015.46.37.jpg?dl=0

Does that mean ntelos has band26 and 25 live just sprint phones can't connect to use it?

• Like 3

I'm having to use the CDMA/LTE setting judiciously, as it eats up battery. I guess my M9 is trying to connect, or "seeing" something that it tries to connect to for 4G.

Hopefully, when it does go live, using LTE won't be so hard on the battery.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

First let say I was not connected where I could use data. I put my phone in lte only on the engineering screen I seen this.

Does that mean ntelos has band26 and 25 live just sprint phones can't connect to use it?

Well...in the screenshots...310-470 is nTelos.....So that's something...

Well...in the screenshots...310-470 is nTelos.....So that's something...

And it fit inside nTelos lte footprint otherwise the plmn was the no connection 1515151515.

I just hope that I can connect to nTelos 3g some this weekend. Normally I would struggle to connect to a PA GMO 16 miles away when I hold the phone in a certain way seating on the steps. (Which I think is crazy far for a GMO)

Just checked the Sprint Coverage Map again for the nTelos area's. Now its all purple again just showing 3g. So not sure whats going on their. 

• Like 1

Just checked the Sprint Coverage Map again for the nTelos area's. Now its all purple again just showing 3g. So not sure whats going on their. 

Yeah, I noticed that too.

That's a bummer, but on the bright side, They DID have it on their map, so it's coming...I'm assuming...

I don't know if this means anything or not but last night around 3am I turned my wifi off on my phone and there was no mobile data at all. I double checked all my settings and even reset my phone and nothing. Around 4 it came back but only 3g. Hopefully a good sign.

*sigh* (again)

Oddly, I've been connecting to a Sprint 1x800 tower well east of town (Louisa) at times.  It seems again that the nTelos signal is shaky enough that my phone tries to connect so far away.  Given this latest map news, I may have to resort to CDMA only again to save battery and help alleviate my poor M9's confusion.  the only silver lining is that my phone IS able to make such a connection.  I can only imagine how well it will do once there is a solid local 4G signal!

Was told by sprint executive  it be here in Roanoke Va  at the latter part of this month or June thats the sprint executives in texas they told me this because i switched to tmobile  he asked me why i said i had been getting the run around anout 4g in my area dince 2011 he told me be patient  snd stick  with  sprint it would be  be here in the next 2 3 months this was on may 3 got a call from him on may 15th he said there hoping to have it here by en of may so be on the look out in roanoke  va notice my coverage around  9 pm goes out i ho yo work at 3am didnt have any internet service at 130 to

3 this morning.

Was told by sprint executive  it be here in Roanoke Va  at the latter part of this month or June thats the sprint executives in texas they told me this because i switched to tmobile  he asked me why i said i had been getting the run around anout 4g in my area dince 2011 he told me be patient  snd stick  with  sprint it would be  be here in the next 2 3 months this was on may 3 got a call from him on may 15th he said there hoping to have it here by en of may so be on the look out in roanoke  va notice my coverage around  9 pm goes out i ho yo work at 3am didnt have any internet service at 130 to

3 this morning.

No punctuation but you took the time to capitalize certain words...weird

• Like 2

Had no network connection at all late AM in C'ville.  I ignored the phone's suggestion of changing to "Automatic" several times, then gave in.  It seemed happier then, but maybe because I was on the move and it found a good signal.

Feels like living without a foundation!

Hey guys, my wife and I are still with T-Mobile and have relocated to the Lynchburg, VA area. We live pretty close to Lynchburg College and 501. Our experience here with Tmobile has been terrible. I was curious what 3g is like here since I know LTE isnt live yet. Im looking for some real life experiences here. My wife needs a dependable phone and Tmobile isnt providing that right now.

In the C'ville area (probably comparable), I've had no problems streaming music on 3G (EVDO). The problem comes when you're bumped down to 1xRTT tech sometimes. Then it's problematic.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk