Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

I had a long conversation with someone directly working on it yesterday. And without divulging a ton of information, the most I can say for this week is that it's been confirmed for fall launch as of right now. That and if it wasn't for Apple devices we would have most likely had it back a couple months ago.

• Like 1

I had a long conversation with someone directly working on it yesterday. And without divulging a ton of information, the most I can say for this week is that it's been confirmed for fall launch as of right now. That and if it wasn't for Apple devices we would have most likely had it back a couple months ago.

I don't know. I work for Shentel and I know they really don't have anything to do with this but I do have some feelers out there and I haven't been able to come up with anything new in awhile. I don't see why Apple devices would cause any delay in network deployment.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok I've been lurking these boards for awhile now and I've read back since like early 2014 that LTE will be coming to Charlottesville.  What the hell is the holdup? haha  So the one poster said by the fall LTE so does this include Charlottesville finally??

I don't know. I work for Shentel and I know they really don't have anything to do with this but I do have some feelers out there and I haven't been able to come up with anything new in awhile. I don't see why Apple devices would cause any delay in network deployment.

A lot of it had to do with Apple Devices not connecting appropriately with roaming and showing nTelos instead of Sprint. That and Billing has supposedly been the main issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was just talking to one of my friends at a Corporate Store, and they said, they supposedly received an email from someone regarding 4G LTE in the SW VA Area no later than August 31st. I did not receive such email, although I don't work for a corporate store either, so I'm sure they are slightly more in the loop than us.

As far as i'm concerned this is just a rumour until my guy can confirm this, since he is directly working on it. So i'm still shooting for his time frame of Fall 2015. Although this does correspond quicker with his finishing testing dates, so I don't know.

I just sent off another email to try and confirm this.

• Like 2

Was just talking to one of my friends at a Corporate Store, and they said, they supposedly received an email from someone regarding 4G LTE in the SW VA Area no later than August 31st. I did not receive such email, although I don't work for a corporate store either, so I'm sure they are slightly more in the loop than us.

As far as i'm concerned this is just a rumour until my guy can confirm this, since he is directly working on it. So i'm still shooting for his time frame of Fall 2015. Although this does correspond quicker with his finishing testing dates, so I don't know.

I just sent off another email to try and confirm this.

Ask your friend if he has heard anything about Charlottesville  :)

"Ask your friend if he has heard anything about Charlottesville  :)"

Charlottesville is included in this. All of the SW VA and WVA area is in question here!

Someone just called me. In all honesty, she seemed to be rather annoyed that I was inquiring and as if I was bothering them asking for some type of updates. It may have just been her voice, but the tone rather seemed that way, particularly the way I answered the phone and greeted her, and then she replied...

So our phone call?

Meaningless...

August 31st at this point is a longshot, I would just imagine as If I never said that, and I will mark this down as a CONFIRMED RUMOUR. This will 95% chance not happen by August 31st.

I love this company and what I work for, and I work my ass off for Sprint constantly, and try to keep everyone constantly in the Sprint Hype. But the truth of this situation... After that phone call, I'm questioning what in the hell is going on. She provided me with less than mediocre answers. She essentially said, We don't know, they don't know, no one knows, we will be lucky when we get it.

I responded with exactly the concerns of our customers and those looking to switch to us tell me, as I am the front line of this company and I hear and see everything. From a behind the scenes aspect, this lady essentially sounded like, let me call this kid real quick because he's being a pain in our ass. That may not be how it is, at all. And I realize they are working extremely hard (or for what I assume) at getting this progressed, finalized and launched. But frankly, I've got nothing guys, and they have nothing for us.

I still feel like i'm in the dark about this whole situation, which is why i originally started inquiring to some higher ups, to get... "out of the dark". Essentially at the end of the day, all I want is some updates on Movements, where we are, what we are doing, are we in your city? ETC.... But we can't get that. I told her I wasn't asking for an exact date, Just some news, some information, any progress, anything new going on?

NOPE she said. Nothing new Today, nothing new Tomorrow, Nothing new Next Week or Month for that matter. When we tell you, we tell you. Fairly cut and dry AND FOR THE RECORD. she did not say it like that, but essentially that is what was just said to me. It was almost like a stop talking to us phone call.

So there you have it guys.

Doesn't matter if you work at Sprint or Have Sprint, no one... will ever know.

I can probably gurantee someone from Sprint reads this, and they probably know exactly who I am. So I ask,

"Essentially at the end of the day, all I want is some updates on Movements, where we are, what we are doing, are we in your city? ETC...."

is that above sentence to much to ask for? Leaving your Front Runners and Customers in the dark does nothing. I understand your trying not to deliver lost promises, but right now? I just feel like I'm being lied to. I'm done reading rumours and articles, and I more or less would like some real information, hell send me a picture of a crew standing in front of a tower in Roanoke Virginia with just a few good sentences about what in the hell is GOING ON. That's really all we are asking for.

We don't keep working for you and we don't keep being your customers because we don't like you. We stay because we do, can you show us some love too?

Thanks Sprint.

Titus

• Like 3

Or Thanks nTelos. Your explanation only illustrates that the person you talked to has no clue what's going on.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Take this for what it's worth but I've been having a lot of data issues in Lynchburg for the last week or so.  I have a lot of custom ROM's so I thought it had something to do with that.  Then several others in my family with Sprint mentioned they were having issues.  I also came across someone else with Sprint that said their data was not working.

Makes me wonder if some upgrades are gearing up to launch.....

• Like 1

Take this for what it's worth but I've been having a lot of data issues in Lynchburg for the last week or so.  I have a lot of custom ROM's so I thought it had something to do with that.  Then several others in my family with Sprint mentioned they were having issues.  I also came across someone else with Sprint that said their data was not working.

Makes me wonder if some upgrades are gearing up to launch.....

Keep me posted. My wife lives in Lynchburg, towards Lynchburg College and it would be nice to have another option for us if T-Mobile doesnt fix their issues there.

HD voice calling turned on today in the Martinsville area...

I was able to get a couple hd calls back in December of last year to early Jan of this year with my old G2 in the Ch'ville area but havent seen any since then though. 

I can't confirm any HD voice in Beckley (mainly because I don't know anyone with an Android device nor do I know how to check for it on iOS) but recently calls have been very clear and there is a noticeable difference whereas some are very clear, comparable almost to wifi calling, and others just sound ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't confirm any HD voice in Beckley (mainly because I don't know anyone with an Android device nor do I know how to check for it on iOS) but recently calls have been very clear and there is a noticeable difference whereas some are very clear, comparable almost to wifi calling, and others just sound ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly the Note 3 has HD calling, but I haven't noticed any indication of HD calls. My wife has an iPhone 6 and when I call her it doesn't seem any different than usual.