LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Wow. Signal bars, the spinning icon and lte all in one status bar. No thanks. Anyone know if there's a way to cut that down?

Not sure why the spinning icon is such a big deal.  You can always try to edit the LGSystemUI.apk file and replace the spinning icon with something else.  I think its just silly to worry about that.  But have it if it bothers you that much.

Wow. Signal bars, the spinning icon and lte all in one status bar. No thanks. Anyone know if there's a way to cut that down?

I only have the spinning 3g...pretty clean for now

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It's 3 icons for one data connection. It would just be nice to cut it down and eliminate one of them.

I'm going to see if I can port over the Status bar from ZV8 when I update my ROM. Seems like the Spark icon has got to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Signal bars, spark icon and signal type. 3 icons. I prefer minimalistic if at all possible.

HA...but signal bars always existed though.  Ehh...i guess to each their own.  You mind as well not even have the clock on there and keep nothing at the top. Not really sure what the difference is between the Spark icon, LTE and signal bars vs. 4G icon, data arrows and signal bars.  The data arrows were its own icon in the ZV7 and ZV8 firmware if you didn't know that.

FYI EVERYONE :) 

I just did a manual push on systems update via LG Software Update and like magic the LS980ZVA update appeared.  :o 

TOTALLY UNEXPECTED and BTW I don't live in a Spark area and the closet Spark network is half an hours drive.  :rolleyes: 

Doesn't hurt to try pushing manually.  :fingers: 

Good Luck!  :wavey: 

LS980ZVA G2 Software Update.png

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

Yeah I know but the tower i was connected to is the college tower which is most used tower in Ocala. So to see that at night is rare. I can tell you I never broke 4 mbps on uplink before this update.

Taken at 10:30pm? Not exactly peak time in Ocala.

• Like 1

HA...but signal bars always existed though. Ehh...i guess to each their own. You mind as well not even have the clock on there and keep nothing at the top. Not really sure what the difference is between the Spark icon, LTE and signal bars vs. 4G icon, data arrows and signal bars. The data arrows were its own icon in the ZV7 and ZV8 firmware if you didn't know that.

Okay. So instead of having just lte we now have the spark icon as well. I thought it would be smaller or the lte writing would be smaller.

Good thing I don't use my g2 for much anymore. Lol.

Okay. So instead of having just lte we now have the spark icon as well. I thought it would be smaller or the lte writing would be smaller.

Good thing I don't use my g2 for much anymore. Lol.

Well if this is the main reason you don't use the G2 then I don't know what to say..LOL.  I guess the Nexus 5 is better suited for you.

FYI EVERYONE :)

Good Luck! :wavey:

Ouch... Did your phone just crash into safe mode... Those colors and font sizes are glaring. It will be nice when the Google experience launcher is released for all phone via Google search

Ouch... Did your phone just crash into safe mode... Those colors and font sizes are glaring. It will be nice when the Google experience launcher is released for all phone via Google search

lol no that's the mode it goes in when the update is pulled up. 

I just got it here in Las Colinas around 11:30pm CDT...will have to wait till I get home to check my wife's phone but at least it confirms roll-out hasn't been paused

I am sorry for asking, but I have installed signal checker and I was wondering how I can tell which band I am connected to.

##debug# LTE engineering screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am sorry for asking, but I have installed signal checker and I was wondering how I can tell which band I am connected to.

• Like 1

• Like 1