LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So this Sunday is my upgrade. Is the G2 the way to go, or have there been too many issues with it? I have been reading about quite a few,that makes me nervous, but I would just like to know what people think. Is it worth it?

My wife and I both have the G2. It is a fantastic phone. It is literally the best phone I have ever used. Neither of us have issues with the phone. The only problem is not being able to connect to LTE on the towers that don't have the 3G side upgraded, but that issue is becoming smaller and smaller with each day that passes. For only $50, I think it is a no brainer. I got mine with a profit after all the Best Buy gift cards were added up. Definitely cannot beat that kind of deal.

For the couple of folks wondering about the airave and G2, I kept doing data profile updates and PRL updates until it finally saw my airave. Granted the G2 doesn't always see the airave and I do still roam, not as much as with my gs3 towards the end of having it. My mother-in-law got the gs3 and it has no problem connecting to my airave, both voice and 3G. I'm lost on what the problem is.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone coming from a moto x to the g2. Seem like I've been reading that the g2 has good signal but I'm finding the opposite to be true. Moto x is definitely stronger so far. I could get lte throughout my house with the x but g2 can't get it at all. The phone was used and rooted so not sure if I should check any settings or anything?? My wife's nexus 5 is lte throughout the house also.

Anyone coming from a moto x to the g2. Seem like I've been reading that the g2 has good signal but I'm finding the opposite to be true. Moto x is definitely stronger so far. I could get lte throughout my house with the x but g2 can't get it at all. The phone was used and rooted so not sure if I should check any settings or anything?? My wife's nexus 5 is lte throughout the house also.

My G2 is somewhat lacking in the RF reception category as well.  In areas where my Samsung GN3 would hold LTE, the G2 falls back to 3G.  In areas of my basement, the GN3 would hold LTE unless you went into a deep corner and forced it to drop back to 3G.  On the other hand, it doesn't take very much to make the G2 fall back to 3G in areas where the GN3 would hold.  From what I've read on these threads, the N5 is an outstanding RF performer.  Those of us that feel our G2's are not the best at RF performance should let Sprint know about it so it can possibly be fixed in an update. 

I saw it mentioned about starting an accessory thread...or are we gonna keep it here?

At any rate, I got the otterbox with clip and built-in screen protector, has anyone cut their screen protector out because of the gap between the screen?

I really thought seeing eHRPD would only happen on native signal...confusing me as to why I would get eHRPD while roaming on LG G2, but not get eHRPD on gs3 while roaming, even with a premium member PRL on it.

My G2 is somewhat lacking in the RF reception category as well.  In areas where my Samsung GN3 would hold LTE, the G2 falls back to 3G.  In areas of my basement, the GN3 would hold LTE unless you went into a deep corner and forced it to drop back to 3G.  On the other hand, it doesn't take very much to make the G2 fall back to 3G in areas where the GN3 would hold.  From what I've read on these threads, the N5 is an outstanding RF performer.  Those of us that feel our G2's are not the best at RF performance should let Sprint know about it so it can possibly be fixed in an update.

Yeah it's a little disappointing cause the phone is awesome but signal is more important to me in my area. Hopefully enough people complain and there could be a fix if possible. In the meantime I'll keep the moto x cause just In case I want to resell the g2.

You could be experiencing the Circuit Switched Fallback Conundrum on the G2. The G2 is Triband LTE with single transmission path. The Moto X is SVLTE.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You could be experiencing the Circuit Switched Fallback Conundrum on the G2. The G2 is Triband LTE with single transmission path. The Moto X is SVLTE.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

This is why I put the G2 on my line and let my wife have the gs3...It's more important to me for her to have a phone that works well, I personally can usually be reached on the house-Vonage line, so attaining signal at all costs isn't nearly as vital. She is set on having me get her the HTC one, even after I told her it's not tri-band. She told me "it's not tri-band is the reason I would want it because look at the issues you got with that G2" ....makes sense when a woman puts it in perspective. She saw her sister with the HTC I added for her the other day and has since played with that phone and really likes it, and what swung her is the battery+case combination that lets you switch to it when phone dies.

He mentioned his wife's Nexus 5 is on LTE inside the house though.. wouldn't you expect the G2 and N5 to have similar problems if the CSFB issue was affecting his area?

-Mike

He mentioned his wife's Nexus 5 is on LTE inside the house though.. wouldn't you expect the G2 and N5 to have similar problems if the CSFB issue was affecting his area?

-Mike

Yes. I missed that part. I only caught the comparison of the Moto X and the G2.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, not this again. You have been around long enough to know why your question above is wrong.

AJ

The problems I've had with my GS3 + Airave and never getting 3G on MY Gs3...but my mother-in-law has a GS3, and soon as I turn wifi off, 3G pops up on hers....using the same Airave...

The only time I'm seeing 3G is when I write a certain PRL to my (ex-GS3) ...far as the G2...SignalCheck said it was 1X signal, while the G2's showing it as 3G....that's why I asked...

I think AJ's point was that 1X is 3G... do you mean EV-DO?

-Mike

Geez, I had to re- read the original post. I thought he mentioned his wife's N5 when I quoted and replied.

I think this is just another example of the G2's subpar reception.

Hopefully enough people will let Sprint know about this so that LG can issue an update.

But I get paid extra to upgrade myself here at the store...lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Not a bad way to have your pumpkin pie and eat it too..

• Like 2

Yes, that's precisely what I meant.

I had a good case of eCSFB last night in Best Buy...wife on her GS3 in a very good area for LTE (sigcheck showed a -82 signal)..but what did my good ol' G2 show? eHRPD...after PRL update, Data Profile, airplane mode..reboot...

After 2 PRL updates in a row towards the end of my trying, I finally hit LTE briefly...then fell back again to eHRPD.

But I can usually hit the LTE the first try on the tower in Sylacauga that's lit up.

I had a good case of eCSFB last night in Best Buy...wife on her GS3 in a very good area for LTE (sigcheck showed a -82 signal)..but what did my good ol' G2 show? eHRPD...after PRL update, Data Profile, airplane mode..reboot...

After 2 PRL updates in a row towards the end of my trying, I finally hit LTE briefly...then fell back again to eHRPD.

But I can usually hit the LTE the first try on the tower in Sylacauga that's lit up.

How long has this tower been lit?

Anyone here take advantage of the LG G2 promotion going on this black Friday weekend for only $50 on Sprint? If you did, I hate you :P since I paid $199 for the G2 just 3 weeks ago.

Nope since i got mine for $250 out right (: but i might order a ballisic sg maxx and a trident off amazon if they have a decent sale for stuff.

Nope since i got mine for $250 out right (: but i might order a ballisic sg maxx and a trident off amazon if they have a decent sale for stuff.

HAHA great deal for only $250 outright.  I got mine for $199 without counting taxes with 2 year contract but its not like I was going to leave Sprint anyways due to being on SERO.  

But it does suck knowing that I could have upgraded yesterday for only $50 on 2 year contract.