LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

My root method would have nothing to do with the LTE. I'm a repair tech for Sprint and 2 of my other co-workers are saying they cannot connect at all also.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That aside, "a control group needs to be as is, out of box or as we'd typically call, "stock".  

My root method would have nothing to do with the LTE. I'm a repair tech for Sprint and 2 of my other co-workers are saying they cannot connect at all also.

Have you pulled the back battery cover off? If so can you take a pic of the door.. Anyone know what connections run back there? NFC?...

pulled the sim, reinserted no difference, i tried forcing a connection by switching network mode from lte/cdma to global. back and forth, Lte symbol appears but drops immediately.

Mine did the same While driving home... I'll test tomorrow at work. Have late 1900 there..

Any chance you could snap a pic of the battery door on the inside..like to see what connections run to it

With all those dummy entries I don't think can. I think your running pre released firmware that wasn't supposed to hit the streets.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Not just think....for sure these phones have bad software.

I bet a firmware update pushes to solve this on launch date.

You know the file is a test file because of the comments and included LGE email address.

Mine did the same While driving home... I'll test tomorrow at work. Have late 1900 there..

Any chance you could snap a pic of the battery door on the inside..like to see what connections run to it

I dont think the back cover comes off.... If you want to know if the phone has NFC, it does.

I know it comes off..is NFC the only connection to the back cover? Also does your GPS work? Mine won't lock signal is to weak

Damn.. That even makes it more fishy. Totally forgot the back is not easily removed... Without excessive force applied to a theft tether.

Thought if it was stollen the ESN would be flagged and I couldn't activate it?

Really meticulous question for those few owners so far, but does group SMS work on the messaging app, or do I still need to use handcent?

People hate me with group messaging... All the random phone numbers sending thanks.. Lol.. Haha... They all get a wonderful slew of pictures and texts flooding their inbox. Needless to say no one sends me that crap now.

• Like 1

People hate me with group messaging... All the random phone numbers sending thanks.. Lol.. Haha... They all get a wonderful slew of pictures and texts flooding their inbox. Needless to say no one sends me that crap now.

Like a damn iPhone

Whenever my manager sends a group text with his iPhone, I constantly get all the texts between him and the other coworkers who have iPhones. I have to delete the thread whenever he sends a group message.

Maybe they don't know yet?

I'm looking at the APN list and finding that Sprint's values, most of them are empty.  Maybe compare the Sprint APNs with one from, let's say a Note 2 or GS3?  

EDIT: In the APN list, it says Auth type:"0".

0 = false.  This may prevent it from using an LTE connection.

Change the 0 to a 1 and maybe see if that fixes?  We'll likely need root to write to /system, though.

EDIT2:

<!-- Sprint -->
    <apn carrier="Sprint" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="Sprint" user="Sprint" server="*" type="mms" password="*" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" authtype="3"/>
    <apn carrier="Sprint LTE ota" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="otasn" type="fota" protocol="IPV4V6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" bearer="14" />
    <apn carrier="Sprint EHRPD ota" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="otasn" type="fota" protocol="IPV4V6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" bearer="13" />
    <apn carrier="Sprint LTE internet" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="n.ispsn" type="default,mms,supl,hipri" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" protocol="IPV4V6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" bearer="14" />
    <apn carrier="Sprint EHRPD internet" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="n.ispsn" type="default,mms,supl,hipri" mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com" mmsproxy="68.28.31.7" mmsport="80" protocol="IPV4V6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" bearer="13" />
    <!-- END Sprint -->

That above is the APN list from a Sprint GS3 CM10.2 ROM.

Whenever my manager sends a group text with his iPhone, I constantly get all the texts between him and the other coworkers who have iPhones. I have to delete the thread whenever he sends a group message.

Coming soon to an Android 4.3 device near you...

I'm actually looking forward to that.  You're getting the negative side effect of all the group replies already, might as well join in the fun and be able to spam them all back!

-Mike

!-- Start of Apn database for Sprint LTE support -->

mcc="310"

mnc="120"

apn="otasn"

type="fota"

protocol="IPV4V6"

roaming_protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="010"

apn="n.ispsn"

type="default, mms"

mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com"

mmsproxy = "68.28.31.7"

mmsport = "80"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="010"

apn="otasn"

type="fota"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="010"

apn="pamsn"

type="dun"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="01"

apn="n.ispsn"

type="default, mms"

mmsc="http://mms.sprintpcs.com"

mmsproxy = "68.28.31.7"

mmsport = "80"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="01"

apn="otasn"

type="fota"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

mcc="001"

mnc="01"

apn="pamsn"

type="dun"

protocol="IPV4V6"

bearer="14"

/>

4.2.2 gnex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lots of dummy entries. That doesn't look clean at all. Phone might not know what entry to use for LTE.

Definitely looks like a test file.. if the G2 does use it for connecting to LTE, nobody is going to connect to Band 26 or 41 with it as-is.

-Mike

• Like 1

apns version="7">

<!-- LTE TEST SIM APN START -->

<apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="fota" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="ota" mnc="01" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultOTA"/><apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="default" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="internet" mnc="01" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultInternet"/><apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="dun" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="pam" mnc="01" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultPAM"/><apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="fota" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="ota" mnc="010" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultOTA"/><apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="default" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="internet" mnc="010" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultInternet"/><apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="dun" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="ncc" user="ncc" apn="pam" mnc="010" mcc="001" carrier="DefaultPAM"/>

<!-- LTE TEST SIM APN END -->

<!-- LTE SPRINT REQ APN START -->

<!-- Sprint req change to ipv4 -->

<apn preferapp="" defaultflag="0" bearer="0" protocol="IP" type="fota" mmsport="" mmsproxy="" mmsc="" port="" proxy="" server="" authtype="0" password="" user="" apn="otasn" mnc="120" mcc="310" carrier="OTA"/>

<!-- LTE SPRINT REQ APN END -->

</apns>

I found this one for a sprint LG Optimus G

apns-conf.xml