LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

When I activated the device I had an active lte connection. No problem. Not even 5 minutes later I enabled the other bands. I honestly dont know if I would have had any issues with 25 had I not enabled the other bands. I should have waited a bit to enable them. I am afraid that these are the issues that delayed this device and the reason only band 25 was enabled.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

As opposed to me; I had connection issues from the beginning, before enabling 26 and 41. So there's that.

So are you saying that prior to enabling B26 and B41 on your phone, you had perfect B25 LTE connection. So now that perhaps enabling B26 and B41 bands has permanently screwed up the firmware for B25 LTE even if you disable B26 and B41 LTE bands?

That seems rather strange.

Yes for the 5 minutes or so I had the device activated and in my possession. After I enabled the other bands is when I noticed connection issues. I picked up the device in lower Manhattan I noticed on the way home it wasn't connect ing like it should...

As opposed to me; I had connection issues from the beginning, before enabling 26 and 41. So there's that.

I didnt give it enough time before I enabled the other bands. I should have waited a bit. I am going to try resetting the device from the stock recovery and see if that does anything. Then maybe try removing the sim and reinserting ill try anything at this point

I didnt give it enough time before I enabled the other bands. I should have waited a bit. I am going to try resetting the device from the stock recovery and see if that does anything. Then maybe try removing the sim and reinserting ill try anything at this point

Can you guys try setting Band 25 to Priority 1. It looks like it works for this guy:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46752946&postcount=37

• Like 1

Can you guys try setting Band 25 to Priority 1. It looks like it works for this guy:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46752946&postcount=37

HAHA.  I guess Yoshi-san is paying attention to that XDA thread as well.  Your welcome for me engaging in that conversation.  At least that is some good news and he has all B25, B26 and B41 LTE bands enabled.

• Like 1

HAHA.  I guess Yoshi-san is paying attention to that XDA thread as well.  Your welcome for me engaging in that conversation.  At least that is some good news and he has all B25, B26 and B41 LTE bands enabled.

Yeah... After reading koiulpoi's and enyce9's experiences, it kind of freaked me out, so I also wanted to see what the folks at XDA were experiencing. Thanks for letting me hijack your question  :ninja: .

Yeah... After reading koiulpoi's and enyce9's experiences, it kind of freaked me out, so I also wanted to see what the folks at XDA were experiencing. Thanks for letting me hijack your question  :ninja: .

No problem..we are all in the same boat.  This will affect me too since I have preordered the LG G2 so I am trying to figure the DOs and DONTs of any anomalies that I should be aware about when I get my phone.  Since we have such a small sample size, its hard to gauge if it is truly an issue or if for some reason our 2 lucky individuals here got some ZONK G2 phones that are screwy.  The guy on XDA is a good start but we definitely need more data points from folks who have their hands on a Sprint LG G2.

I re enabled all bands and made them all priority 1, Seems to be working.... Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Interesting so you had B25 set to "0" even though you had B26 and B41 disabled?  That might explain it.

Here are all my settings. And they seem to be working after 2 reboots. Where the volume. Is covering roaming setting. Its set to home only. I have not tested to see if it will reconnect lte after it drops lte. From distant, sites while driving... as an example.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1382568841385.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382568876477.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382568893695.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382568908432.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting so you had B25 set to "0" even though you had B26 and B41 disabled? That might explain it.

i dont think i had 25 set to 0. But i might at some point. I belive i may have tried to set up 41-25-26 in that order initially. Maybe for an hour or so last night. When i noticed connectivity issues i immediately set it back to defaults, and still was having problems.

i dont think i had 25 set to 0. But i might at some point. I belive i may have tried to set up 41-25-26 in that order initially. Maybe for an hour or so last night. When i noticed connectivity issues i immediately set it back to defaults, and still was having problems.

So with this setup it sounds like your LTE connection is fine now?

Made it to Tremont ave in the bronx. The LG with no case held on to lte better than my HTC one with a tpu case, by 5_7 dbm. Also when my HTC dropped the LG held on. But when I made it to my destination the LG dropped and never connected until I did a reboot. The HTC stayed connected as I arrived, and after. Also 1x signal seems to be about the same, between the two devices, but I can only monitor that when I have no lte on the LG.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I am on my way to the bronx now all bands are enabled. Curious to see if i connect to any 41 sites and how this device handles it

You could be the first S4GRU member to connect to B41 on a handset.

Sent from my T7575 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am on my way to the bronx now all bands are enabled. Curious to see if i connect to any 41 sites and how this device handles it

LTE engineering screen shots with channels showing, Band, etc showing. Also take some of the SignalCheck too. Others would probably like speedtests as well.

Made it to Tremont ave in the bronx. The LG with no case held on to lte better than my HTC one with a tpu case, by 5_7 dbm. Also when my HTC dropped the LG held on. But when I made it to my destination the LG dropped and never connected until I did a reboot. The HTC stayed connected as I arrived, and after. Also 1x signal seems to be about the same, between the two devices, but I can only monitor that when I have no lte on the LG.

Can you provide screenshots in the ##DEBUG# menu under LTE Engineering to show what LTE band you are connected to when you go by a B41 LTE tower.  If you are able to connect to B41 then that is good news.

When I set the priority to 41- 25- 26 I get an error: unable to secure a wireless data connection, immediately after an lte connection. Then the lte connection drops. I'm going to reset back to my previous, and test. Sadly I don't think I'll be getting any 41 tonight. :'(

Wait, wait....Does having a tpu case take away signal compared to the same phone without a case? I ask because your comments makes it sound like a case phone would get slightly less signal than a non case phone