Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Honestly, it seems to be a better deal to buy if it were with contract since it makes no sense to pay full price for a phone if your monthly payment includes a built in subsidy.

Agreed. If the phone bill includes the phone subsidy already then why would I want to pay more for a phone off contract

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. If the phone bill includes the phone subsidy already then why would I want to pay more for a phone off contract

Uh, read the explanations above.  You would likely pay more on contract than off contract.  If Google Play sells the Nexus 5 for $349 off contract but you buy it from Sprint on contract for $199 plus monthly subsidy, then you effectively pay $599 for a $349 handset.  That is terrible arbitrage.

AJ

• Like 2

Uh, read the explanations above.  You would likely pay more on contract than off contract.  If Google Play sells the Nexus 5 for $349 off contract but you buy it from Sprint on contract for $199 plus monthly subsidy, then you effectively pay $599 for a $349 handset.  That is terrible arbitrage.

AJ

I understand for a Nexus 5 it is better to buy it off contract than on contract based on the numbers depending on how quickly you upgrade but if you plan to stay with Sprint and don't upgrade in the next 24 months just to sell the phone then it doesn't really matter.  If Sprint gave a monthly discount like Tmobile in that if your device is not subsidized or after you finish your 24 months subsidy on a 2 year contract that would be a lot better.

I agree if you buy Nexus 5 off contract now and then you use the upgrade on the iPhone 5S or GS5 to sell it depending on how much you get..you could end up more on top.  I just think the average user doesn't want to deal with buying and selling phones. To each and their own.

I personally don't have the time or patience of dealing with people to go through the process of selling phones for profit. If Sprint offered some discount tier for Nexus users or BYOD plan, I would definitely buy a Nexus outright. If it is contracts that they are worried about, I would be fine with signing a two year BYOD My Way plan with some sort of discounted rate compared to the regular plans offering a $0-200 subsidized phone.

• Like 1

I personally don't have the time or patience of dealing with people to go through the process of selling phones for profit. If Sprint offered some discount tier for Nexus users or BYOD plan, I would definitely buy a Nexus outright. If it is contracts that they are worried about, I would be fine with signing a two year BYOD My Way plan with some sort of discounted rate compared to the regular plans offering a $0-200 subsidized phone.

In the big picture they would just be following T-Mobiles model for service pricing. I think they want to keep their contract model with only allowing old/mid-tier devices on their no-contract "Sprint As You Go" plans. From my last check a few weeks ago, they have not added any new devices to their no-contract plans since they launched it.

hum hum... so this is what people have found from the doc.

• 4.95" 1080p display (IPS TFT for those interested)
  • 32GB internal storage (other capacities not specified)
  • 2GB RAM
  • MSM8947 aka Snapdragon 800 at 2.3GHz
  • 8MP OIS rear camera, 1.3MP front camera
  • 2300mAh battery
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity/Ambient Light, Pressure
  • Slimport compatibility
  • Micro SIM slot
  • Notification light
  • Wireless charging
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth 3.0 (We assume this is an error – after all the document is still a "draft version" according to its last page)
  • UMTS/GSM/CDMA/LTE compatibility

Weird thing is I don't see sprint LTE bands in the manual anywhere

Before you post, please read for context at least the 10 previous posts.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm hoping Sprint offers it via contract because I'm due for a renewal. Just doesn't seem like Sprint would not sell this on contract.

Most of us here would still be all over it. But we are a small sample of Sprint users.

Sent from me phone

As dirt cheap as the Nexus devices go for, I think it would be silly and a complete waste to burn and upgrade on it.  I'm hoping its available for Sprint via Google Play for the typical Nexus phone price. Then, I can pick up another device with my upgrade (or, just save it for a rainy day).

They will insure any phone you activate as long as you add tep before 15 or 30 days have passed since activation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Really? Good to know.

They will insure any phone you activate as long as you add tep before 15 or 30 days have passed since activation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Including used phones purchased from Swappa or CL?