Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Hmm I have a very tough decision right now. I was pretty gunho about the Note 3 but if it is this P variant, I may have to consider an alternative because I really don't want that single band LTE.

Right there with you.. Keeping this thread close

• Like 1

Yikes! That could be couldn't it??? I see three bands of CDMA (PCS and two in the 800's) and only one of LTE (PCS)

Just when you thought we can all trust Sprint to do the right thing when it comes to these things.  There has to be something up with Sprint and Samsung not being on the same page.  We see what appears to be the GS4 mini pass through as triband LTE and they turn around and put the Note 3 as a single band LTE.  I don't get it.

• Like 1

I still thought that triband was in the bag.. Now not so sure.. I guess I will hold out now for the HTC one max... The rumor of it being an exclusive gives more hope (but I also require an SD card so there is that)...

Before we declare that the sky is falling, let's see is the S model hits the FCC.

Well we don't know if there will be a S variant hitting the FCC.  Also I found this.  I posted this earlier.  Kinda spells out that the S model is for SK Telekom in Korea although I didn't know that there were going to be a K and L models as well for Korea which were not listed in the leaks.

So if it is true that the S model is for SK Telekom we won't be seeing a FCC filing.

http://techkiddy.blogspot.com/2013/08/samsung-galaxy-note-iiism-n900ssm.html#

This thread reminds me of the thread about the leaks of the new "My Way" plans. Everyone on this site berated Sprint for making the plans. Then, all other tech sites praised it. 

Nevertheless, it seems the people waiting for triband LTE, will either get the LG G2 or the LD-D820, assuming it is the Nexus 5 and is intended for Sprint. 

This thread reminds me of the thread about the leaks of the new "My Way" plans. Everyone on this site berated Sprint for making the plans. Then, all other tech sites praised it. 

Nevertheless, it seems the people waiting for triband LTE, will either get the LG G2 or the LD-D820, assuming it is the Nexus 5 and is intended for Sprint. 

I am afraid so.  I am just trying to evaluate my options.  I will definitely have to check out the LG G2 at a verizon/att store this weekend as a backup option OR maybe even the HTC One Max if it peaks my interest enough assuming its triband LTE.

• Like 1

The HTC One Max does look pretty good. If it has a stylus and sd slot, it can definitely give the Note 3 serious competition. Especially if it has triband and the Note doesn't. But, Samsung is usually ahead of things, so I just don't believe right now that they will release a single band LTE Note 3 to Sprint. Perhaps it is going to be delayed like the G2 and hasn't been submitted to the FCC yet?

The HTC One Max does look pretty good. If it has a stylus and sd slot, it can definitely give the Note 3 serious competition. Especially if it has triband and the Note doesn't. But, Samsung is usually ahead of things, so I just don't believe right now that they will release a single band LTE Note 3 to Sprint. Perhaps it is going to be delayed like the G2 and hasn't been submitted to the FCC yet?

I doubt Sprint would just present out any FCC docs as placeholder while they continue to do some more evaluation and resubmit more docs later.  The field testing should be done by now if it were to be released by early Oct like the rest of the other carriers.

I really hope the HTC One Max brings something that will make me consider that phone or else its off to maybe LG G2 or Nexus 5.  I just hate having to wait longer to upgrade my phone now.

What begs the question, is that we had information saying two Samsung devices were to be released by year's end that support triband LTE. If one is going to be the S4 Mini...what's the other one?

It's two high end Samsung devices this fall with triband capabilities. The S4 mini is by no means high end and is more of a mid range phone. 

Engadget seems to think the R4 variant is meant for Sprint, which is dumb because even the Note II had band class 10 whereas the R4 variant does not.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/11/samsung-galaxy-note-3-reaches-the-fcc-in-att-and-sprint-forms/

That don't make sense... The "P" totally does because the bands match that of the S4 (and many others)..

That don't make sense... The "P" totally does because the bands match that of the S4 (and many others)..

Yeah I know, you think after doing this for so know they could figure out what bands to look for, but they probably just saw "CDMA" and said hey that's for Sprint!

Yeah I know, you think after doing this for so know they could figure out what bands to look for, but they probably just saw "CDMA" and said hey that's for Sprint!

If the tech blogs (and that is really all Engadget is) are that "stupid" makes you scared for the rest of the population...

If the tech blogs (and that is really all Engadget is) are that "stupid" makes you scared for the rest of the population...

The rest of the population doesn't even a clue what a band is, much less who has what. Like I said they probably saw "CDMA" and then band 25 and connected it with Sprint.

All of this is surprising to me! If the Note 3 does end up being just single band, I guess we can throw out the chances of a triband GS4 as well. It wouldn't make sense to have a triband s4, but not a triband note 3. Heck, it doesn't even make sense to have a triband GS4 mini and a single band Note 3. But Sprint said we would get a triband device from Samsung before years end.

...I don't know what I think at this point lol :frantic:  

• Like 1

All of this is surprising to me! If the Note 3 does end up being just single band, I guess we can throw out the chances of a triband GS4 as well. It wouldn't make sense to have a triband s4, but not a triband note 3. Heck, it doesn't even make sense to have a triband GS4 mini and a single band Note 3. But Sprint said we would get a triband device from Samsung before years end.

...I don't know what I think at this point lol :frantic:  

that is what I said.  Its hard to understand what Samsung is doing.  If the HTC One Max is triband LTE I really have to question Samsung and Sprint's thinking in making a single band LTE device like this at this point.  I highly doubt its because Sprint thought users of the Note 3 would prefer SVLTE over triband LTE.  I wish the mass amount of Sprint customers understood what triband LTE meant and how much of a bummer it is of the lack of support for it.  Why the GS4 mini got triband and not the Note 3 we will never know.