New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

You don't get massive roaming fees, they first send a warning about excessive roaming or maybe two. After that if you don't lower your roaming or eliminate it they will drop your service and give you a period of time to port out your number.

as noted..  not a problem anymore but with many colleges and boarding schools located out in the sticks, it's been a problem I would guess for Sprint ever since Alltel was swallowed by Verizon...  Alltel towers were considered in network...   it's interesting that not very far from where my son's school was, they have Sprint LTE available!!!  but it's in the valley below heading up towards Nashville.. The Sprint 3G service from the local interstate ended about 1/4 mile away.....  In Sewanee proper near the Univ of the South college campus, it's solid VZ and ATT  both in LTE...  You wonder if in more rural places like that where Sprint has always relied on roaming to round out its own network whether they would be competitive..  

it just seems odd to offer new plans that "guarantee unlimited" if they already do that? Hmmm

Not really a conspiracy theory, more like marketing move. 

Okay that makes more sense. Like driving the point home that says hey we're still unlimited and it's here to stay

I think it feels more like a "We have these old unlimited plans that might not be unlimited forever, but here are some new equally or higher priced plans (with a few new restrictions) that we guarantee will stay unlimited!", in conjunction with being a new spin on the unlimited marketing they've been pushing.

I imagine that move is way down the road so there's no reason for anyone to panic or worry now. Sprint probably just realizes that it's current pricing ($260 a month for five lines of unlimited smartphone data) was probably just a little too low priced for long term sustainability.

• Like 1

I just have a single line, but I went ahead and made the jump from Everything Data 450 to the new Unlimited, My Way. It's not any worse than my old plan since it's the same price but with unlimited minutes (which I won't use I'm sure). But the new plans gave me the 1GB $20 data option  instead of unlimited (-$10) and a 5GB hotspot option (+$20 for my all in) that I didn't have before. The 2 and 6Gb hotspot options are $20 and $50 respectively and aren't changing.

I am looking at Sprint's website right now for the current available cell phone plans and all I see are these new Unlimited My Way plans.  I thought these Unlimited My Way plans are going to be offered as a separate option to the Everything Data plans and that the Everything Data plans would still be available.  I guess this isn't the case.  I know ATT still offers their old individual/family plans and the Share Everything plans as a separate option.

• Like 2

I'm a little surprised with the removal of the EPRP plans (for new customers.) I wonder if they will get new revamped plans later, or if they are just going to drop them for good.

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised with the removal of the EPRP plans (for new customers.) I wonder if they will get new revamped plans later, or if they are just going to drop them for good.

Really?  I see the link for the EPRP plans but how do you know that new customers can't sign up for it?

:td: Sprint just lost 5 port in phones from AT&T.  I was recommending my sister-in-law and her family switch to Sprint from AT&T for better pricing and service.  They agreed and just waiting for them to be out of contract this month.  I was planning on using the EPRP that is the same My Family is on.

Yesterday, I logged on and showed them the plan and even went through everything up to the point of checking out.  The MRC was $204.96 plus taxes and fees which was acceptable.

Today the EPRP is gone even though it is still shown and described all over that website but when you start shopping the New Unlimited My Way plan is the only option. :angry: So I went ahead and again entered the same phones and required data as I had done yesterday and the MRC is now $310.00 plus taxes and fees, not acceptable.

This wasn't a good idea but they were willing to do it.  This is just terrible timing on Sprints part IMHO.  Yes I know it may be a good deal for individual lines but for a family it isn't.  You are committing to a 2 year lock using phones that are NOT tri-band for NV best use and NV is at 50% complete (counting towers) at best.  It is non-existent in Ohio for the most part still, just like WIMAX was.

Not off to a good start for Sprint-Softbank-Clearwire.  Sprint's lost they are going to JUMP to T-Mobile and after 12 years I believe I will do the same next year when my contracts expire.

Edited by OhioCalling
  • Like 4

Really?  I see the link for the EPRP plans but how do you know that new customers can't sign up for it?

At least they can't online. I tried signing up for it, and when I got to the part to choose my plan, these new plans were the only option.

At least they can't online. I tried signing up for it, and when I got to the part to choose my plan, these new plans were the only option.

You're right.  Dang this sucks :td:

:td: Sprint just lost 5 port in phones from AT&T.  I was recommending my sister-in-law and her family switch to Sprint from AT&T for better pricing and service.  They agreed and just waiting for them to be out of contract this month.  I was planning on using the EPRP that is the same My Family is on.

Yesterday, I logged on and showed them the plan and even went through everything up to the point of checking out.  The MRC was $204.96 plus taxes and fees which was acceptable.

Today the EPRP is gone even though it is still shown and described all over that website but when you start shopping the New Unlimited My Way plan is the only option. :angry: So I went ahead and again entered the same phones and required data as I had done yesterday and the MRC is now $310.00 plus taxes and fees, not acceptable.

This wasn't a good idea but they were willing to do it.  This is just terrible timing on Sprints part IMHO.  Yes I know it may be a good deal for individual lines but for a family it isn't.  You are committing to a 2 year lock using phones that are NOT tri-band for NV best use and NV is at 50% complete (counting towers) at best.  It is non-existent in Ohio for the most part still, just like WIMAX was.

Not off to a good start for Sprint-Softbank-Clearwire.  Sprint's lost they are going to JUMP to T-Mobile and after 12 years I believe I will do the same next year when my contracts expire.

I would at least try calling to see if the EPRP plan is still offered before just giving up.

• Like 1

I just signed up for the new plans. I have three phones on a 3000 minute family plan. Two of those phones will get away with the 1 gig data limit. It shaved off about 25 bucks a month. I am happy.

Sent from my EVO LTE

• Like 4

I just signed up for the new plans. I have three phones on a 3000 minute family plan. Two of those phones will get away with the 1 gig data limit. It shaved off about 25 bucks a month. I am happy.

Sent from my EVO LTE

That's great to hear! Customers such as yourself will benefit from these new plans.

• Like 1

So, I called up Sprint and they confirmed employee discounts now apply to all lines but ONLY to the data portion as was previously posted. So some people will indeed see a bigger savings with the new setup (23% discount is roughly $7 off per line and 20% is $6). I'm still not switching until triband phones are out but if I was on Sprint (rather than Ting) these new plans would be a savings over the old ones for 2 lines.

I don't think the new My Way plans give a larger employer discount if its going to be just the data portion ($30).  I believe the old Everything Data plans gave the employer discount at the $70 price since it didn't include the Premium Data charge ($10).  So the old Everything Data plans were a better deal.

I believe Verizon and ATT give the employer discounts for the Share Everything plans at the Talk+Text portion ($40) so even at $40 it is a larger discount than for Sprint.  I don't understand why the discount should be for the data portion.  Oh well.

Still available.

For example goto http://sprint.com/microsoft or http://sprint.com/boeing

Still listed and active.

Guest sectime

Still available.

For example goto http://sprint.com/microsoft or http://sprint.com/boeing

Still listed and active.

Those stores are not EPRP, they are private stores for company employees. Also The Microsoft store and Boeing phone some prices are higher than retail. But I don't work for either so doesn't matter.

OhioCalling is correct on the EPRP store 

Edited by sectime

:td: Sprint just lost 5 port in phones from AT&T. I was recommending my sister-in-law and her family switch to Sprint from AT&T for better pricing and service. They agreed and just waiting for them to be out of contract this month. I was planning on using the EPRP that is the same My Family is on.

Yesterday, I logged on and showed them the plan and even went through everything up to the point of checking out. The MRC was $204.96 plus taxes and fees which was acceptable.

Today the EPRP is gone even though it is still shown and described all over that website but when you start shopping the New Unlimited My Way plan is the only option. :angry: So I went ahead and again entered the same phones and required data as I had done yesterday and the MRC is now $310.00 plus taxes and fees, not acceptable.

This wasn't a good idea but they were willing to do it. This is just terrible timing on Sprints part IMHO. Yes I know it may be a good deal for individual lines but for a family it isn't. You are committing to a 2 year lock using phones that are NOT tri-band for NV best use and NV is at 50% complete (counting towers) at best. It is non-existent in Ohio for the most part still, just like WIMAX was.

Not off to a good start for Sprint-Softbank-Clearwire. Sprint's lost they are going to JUMP to T-Mobile and after 12 years I believe I will do the same next year when my contracts expire.

Yeah, I just went into my local sprint store and only the new plans are avalible for new customers. This is a terrible idea in my opinion. But as far as your sister in law going to tmobile if they want unlimited data, after financing the phone they are at the same price.

• Like 1

According to some of the documents that were posted before the plans were officially announced, it was stated that reps were supposed to push the new plans, but that the old ones where still available. I think you actually have to go into the store and either really push for the old plan, or get a manager or something. It shouldn't be that hard, but I *think* they are still there. If not, well, that just seems like a bad idea. 

• Like 3

Those stores are not EPRP, they are private stores for company employees. Also The Microsoft store and Boeing phone some prices are higher than retail. But I don't work for either so doesn't matter.

OhioCalling is correct on the EPRP store 

What does EPRP mean?

I listed those two employee links as examples, many others exist for other companies.

According to some of the documents that were posted before the plans were officially announced, it was stated that reps were supposed to push the new plans, but that the old ones where still available. I think you actually have to go into the store and either really push for the old plan, or get a manager or something. It shouldn't be that hard, but I *think* they are still there. If not, well, that just seems like a bad idea. 

I think you're, the reps do have the ability to do this sometimes.  For example, when we first started looking at more rural property I knew Sprint had unlimited data plans for their mobile broadband cards but by the time we were about to close on our house they had started the switch to the 5GB plan for 3G data.  I stopped by one of the corporate Sprint stores to get details on the new plans and the rep looked in the system and was still able to find the unlimited plan so I signed up right away.  Still have that unlimited 3G card and plan (barely works most days now but was decent at the beginning and should get better).

You can still get the old plans in a 3rd party like BestBuy. Not sure for how long, tell her to hurry.