New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Verizon has 850 and 1900 spectrum so Sprint naturally benefitted because its 1900 is a subset. What's Sprint gonna do: REQUIRE phones to NOT have 850? They already existed with 850 because of Verizon.

What you're saying is that Sprint should demand all phones to have a band it doesn't even own and one which Verizon doesn't use either so that Sprint customers can roam on Band 12 LTE on networks that are not guaranteed to be built - unless Sprint buys it all - and that is encumbered with Channel 51 which will EVENTUALLY get moved?

Why not just do what I suggested? Lease out SMR to rural carriers and they'll be able to not only deploy 5x5 LTE - Band 26 - but also 1xRTT and they can choose how many 1x channels to deploy at the expense of LTE; Lower A 700 MHz is 5x5 so no CDMA voice. All Sprint CDMA devices being sold now have CDMA Band 10 support and after the rural carriers have transitioned all voice to CDMA-800, they can refarm current voice spectrum for LTE.

All bands they are using for voice today are supported in all versions of current iphone 5 for LTE use: 850 is Band 5, PCS is Band 2/25 and for Leap, AWS is Band 4. All those bands are all supported by today's iphone 5 and probably other phones but CDMA 800 is and has been supported for years so transitioning voice users to CDMA-800 should be trivial.

The rural carriers get Sprint's economy of scale and Sprint will probably even help them get their networks running and then Sprint's map will show NATIVE LTE and voice almost everywhere

Doesn't that sound easier and smoother?

Hesse stated that 700 b12 support is coming. Watch the CCA 2013 keynote address.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Huh, then maybe the number they currently show on the site is without roaming.

Here's what one of their websites at the bottom in the fine print:

http://sports.sprint.com/speed/?ECID=vanity:speed

Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 282 million people. Sprint 3G network reaches over 276 million people. Sprint 4G (WiMax) network reaches over 70 markets. Sprint 4G LTE available in limited markets, on select devices.

• Like 1

Dan Hesse talked specifically about throttling in the "Truly Unlimited" commercials, I'm simply pointing out it's no longer so. I didn't say there were no longer any other plan options.

Yes they are. Your point is inaccurate and I'm going to keep pointing that out. They never said all of their plans for all customers will always be truly unlimited. Only people who don't want to be truly unlimited are impacted. Sprint is still truly unlimited, and now they even have some unlimited voice options too.

What does truly unlimited even mean? Is throttling just streaming video that impacts network performance sometimes but allow that to happen in an unlimited amount something less than truly unlimited?

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Here's what one of their websites at the bottom in the fine print:

http://sports.sprint.com/speed/?ECID=vanity:speed

That 276 number is close enough to the 277 mil with LTE that is located in the PDF in "nv handout" thread.

If they're really expanding to 276 LTE on PCS then a price increase is justified.

Yes they are. Your point is inaccurate and I'm going to keep pointing that out. They never said all of their plans for all customers will always be truly unlimited. Only people who don't want to be truly unlimited are impacted. Sprint is still truly unlimited, and now they even have some unlimited voice options too.What does truly unlimited even mean? Is throttling just streaming video that impacts network performance sometimes but allow that to happen in an unlimited amount something less than truly unlimited? Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sprint has been emphasizing that "truly" unlimited means no throttling. They didn't say "except for video"

• Like 1

Sprint has been emphasizing that "truly" unlimited means no throttling. They didn't say "except for video"

And is still unlimited with no throttling if you choose one of the current plans. Throttling is only for the new plans. Therefore the previous commercials are still 100% accurate.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I have no clue what some of you might be paying now to think these plans will save you money.

I have 4 lines (1500 minute unlimited data, any mobile, unlimited text) now.

With free to any 3 on all the lines, 6PM nights and weekends on all the lines I rarely use more than 100 anytime minutes in any given month.

Converting to the new pricing scheme would cost me a minimum of $100/mo more per month.

Do the math.

And the 100MB/mo off network limit would be a problem when traveling.

J

• Like 2

...What does truly unlimited even mean? Is throttling just streaming video that impacts network performance sometimes but allow that to happen in an unlimited amount something less than truly unlimited?...

I view "truly unlimited" in the case of mobile phone data as the ability to utilize as much data as possible has possible at the best speeds that the network would allow. Now, if it the case that a customers data utilization begins to take a serious toll on network quality for other customers on that sector(like if LTE speeds on a sector becomes inappropriately low), then a network should throttle that one "power user" connection for the sake of everyone else, until conditions allow otherwise. Sprint, along with VZW & T-Mobile has this type of ability that's included in a customer contract.

If video throttle is done within the reasons stated above, I do still see it as "truly unlimited", but otherwise I don't.

Strictly speaking about the new "My Way" plans, of course. Does this video throttling also apply to the 1GB data option?

And no one knows how much longer they will stick around. These plans would be fine if it wasn't for the lowered roaming data, the modified discount structure, and throttling. Even if the Everything plans stick around no one can tell how long before they will be killed off. After that time many may not even be able to stay grandfathered in with the changes to the T&C.

And is still unlimited with no throttling if you choose one of the current plans. Throttling is only for the new plans. Therefore the previous commercials are still 100% accurate.

Use VPN.

It technically is a violation of our posting guidelines to tell people to use a VPN for the purpose of trying to bypass Sprint's network management protocols. I respectfully request that members not post this point any further.

Illegal, Unethical or Violative Content. It is not permissible to post content that helps to encourage or facilitate the breaking of, or circumvention of, laws, statutes, Terms & Conditions of U.S. domestic governments, companies or organizations. Some examples would include instruction how to break the law, evade law enforcement or how to bypass wireless companies network management controls.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

• Like 1

It technically is a violation of our posting guidelines to tell people to use a VPN for the purpose of trying to bypass Sprint's network management protocols. I respectfully request that members not post this point any further.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

What about PRLs?

• Like 1

On the landing page for the new plans, they plaster "283 million".

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop_landing.jsp?pagename=whysprint&plan=unlimited&ECID=vanity:unlimited

I know the mods don't "like to focus on POPs" but obviously Sprint does so it's a valid point to discuss.

Is the 283 million with roaming included? I'm guessing yes.

This is not accurate. You need to put our past POP discussions into context. For the purpose of what's being discussed in this thread, it is a helpful metric. Why do you hang out here if you repeatedly find a way to take digs at us? Are you a masochist?

• Like 2

And no one knows how much longer they will stick around. These plans would be fine if it wasn't for the lowered roaming data, the modified discount structure, and throttling. Even if the Everything plans stick around no one can tell how long before they will be killed off. After that time many may not even be able to stay grandfathered in with the changes to the T&C.

And as long as the current plans are still offered, the commercials and other marketing related to truly unlimited are still 100% accurate. Yes, in the future they will probably change or eliminate the current (as of 7/11/13) plans, but until they do everyone saying otherwise is simply bitching about something that might happen.

Too much whining about the new plans you don't have to take are going to lead to the apocalypse for me. I'm unfollowing this topic. 

• Like 5

Okay really video will stream just fine with great quality for a phone screen at even less than 1 Mbps. If they can do those types of things to reduce congestion then that's smart. And if it makes no perceptable impact to the experience then it's just as unlimited as ever. The only real downside is it won't let it buffer far ahead meaning it will have to keep the connection active the whole time you're watching.

• Like 1

This is true. None of us know how long any plan will be around. Sprint may make boatloads of money and the network management schemes may be so good off these new plans that they do force them on us. Or they could be so unpopular and everyone avoids them so they scrap the new plans. No one knows now. I completely agree.

• Like 1

What about PRLs?

Using a custom PRL is not a violation. You still cannot access more than 300MB of roaming data. It does not matter the speed in which you get there. We've discussed this before. Please stop asking this question over and over again as if this is a back door to violate the rules. If you want to violate the rules and I give you a warning and you ignore it you may face disciplinary action. Again.

• Like 9

The My All In is directed toward single device users and apperently the value is better than T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T.

The other plan is to challenge Verizon and AT&T's share plans. It is a good deal to me.

Here's my biggest issue over all this, do people really not take issue with the fact that Sprint just added a line in their T&C that basically states, we can move you to a new plan at basically any time we want should your current plan become unavailable. Normally you'd just be grandfathered in, like countless numbers of SERO users have been. It basically paves the way for them to totally obliterate unlimited down the road if they wanted, I mean VZW and AT&T have made it undesirable to stay on unlimited but they've at least let people be grandfathered in.

This is true. None of us know how long any plan will be around. Sprint may make boatloads of money and the network management schemes may be so good off these new plans that they do force them on us. Or they could be so unpopular and everyone avoids them so they scrap the new plans. No one knows now. I completely agree.

Here's my biggest issue over all this, do people really not take issue with the fact that Sprint just added a line in their T&C that basically states, we can move you to a new plan at basically any time we want should your current plan become unavailable. Normally you'd just be grandfathered in, like countless numbers of SERO users have been. It basically paves the way for them to totally obliterate unlimited down the road if they wanted, I mean VZW and AT&T have made it undesirable to stay on unlimited but they've at least let people be grandfathered in.

Paves the way? They don't need any paving; they can just do it. That's the beauty of no-class action clause in their contract.

And what are you planning to do in response to this new line? You can't do anything.

What Robert is saying and for the life of me I can't understand why people don't get this, is that if you stick with the current plans or elect to go with one of these plans for new customers you are on a plan that is truly unlimited. If you elect to go with one of the new plans you are not on a truly unlimited plan but because sprint offers both it means they offer truy unlimited data and therefor are a truly unlimited data carrier. Seriously it is really basic logic.

• Like 5

Question about these plans. I have 9 lines. 8 Smart Phones, one Motorola V950 Renegade(my dad is old school and refuses to use a smart phone). 5 are on a 1500min share everything plan and 4 of them are on a 3000min share everything plan. We are lucky to use 300 of the 4500 mins we have. Unfortunately Sprint wont allow more than 1 of the same family plan on an account.

With having 9 lines would it be 9x$20 for unlimeted text/call ($180) and 8x$30 for data ($240). My dads phone is a basic phone and he uses no data. This would be $420 monthly minus 13% monthly discount on the data side. Or would they charge the $50 for line 1, $40 for line 2, $30 for line 3, and then 6x$20 for lines 4-9? This would total $480 which is no savings monthly over my previous seperate family plans.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by maxx880

Never said I could do anything, this line simply makes it easier for them to eliminate it. Normally all carriers let users grandfather in if their plans are eliminated. This is the first time I've ever seen something that seems so specifically against that in the T&C. I could very well be wrong and other companies may have similar lines, I just find it a little worrying.

Paves the way? They don't need any paving; they can just do it. That's the beauty of no-class action clause in their contract.

And what are you planning to do in response to this new line? You can't do anything.

Question about these plans. I have 9 lines. 8 Smart Phones, one Motorola V950 Renegade(my dad is old school and refuses to use a smart phone). 5 are on a 1500min share everything plan and 4 of them are on a 3000min share everything plan. We are lucky to use 300 of the 4500 mins we have. Unfortunately Sprint wont allow more than 1 of the same family plan on an account.With having 9 lines would it be 9x$20 for unlimeted text/call ($180) and 8x$30 for data ($240). My dads phone is a basic phone and he uses no data. This would be $420 monthly minus 13% monthly discount on the data side. Or would they charge the $50 for line 1, $40 for line 2, $30 for line 3, and then 6x$20 for lines 4-9? This would total $480 which is no savings monthly over my previous seperate family plans.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

They would charge you 50,40,30 and 20 x6 + the data plans.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta